Got7: Jackson

In My Mind

I managed to land a job as a gift wrapper this holiday season. We were located in the middle of the mall where plenty of people swarmed by and holiday music was loud and constant. Santa Baby had already played three times. 

As I waited for customers I straightened up the tape area. The spools had been knocked down or pushed back and others went missing entirely. 

The chime of a bell signaled a new customer had come up to the counter. I stood and turned to see them. When I saw the face I immediately wanted to duck down and hide. 

Jackson Wang was the single most popular kid in my entire school. He had great abs, a killer smile, and was the funniest most confident person one could meet. I talked to him once in my life before. I turned tomato red and started babbling about girl scout cookies... I was trying to borrow an eraser... The girls all laughed he'd just smiled and shook his head. I'd skipped the rest of the day after that. 

"How c-can I help you?" 

"I need this box wrapped and if you have a bow that would be awesome." He said sliding the object across the counter. 

I didn't pay attention to the box because I was too busy wondering if he'd even recognize me. 

"How much will that beeee?"

"Oh sorry!" I said snapping out of my small daze. "This sized box should only be five dollars and an extra two depending on which bow you'd like." I pulled out a chart of bow's and prices for him to look at. "Just tell me when you're done deciding."

"Alright. Thanks, Thin Mint." He winked before looking down at the laminated paper. 

He remembered me all right. 

I blushed looking down at my hands and subsequently the box. It was a small blue jewelry box from one of the most expensive jewelers in the area. One gold band from there could pay off the first two years of my collage tuition. 

I got to work cutting the paper and humming along to Silent Night. Should I strike up a conversation or just do my job. If I failed this time I'd never leave my room again but I had to give it a shot. 

"So... Is there a special lady receiving this?" I asked applying tape nervously. 

I glanced at him quickly to find a small smirk on his face that had me screaming on the inside. I looked down and tried to continue folding paper. 

"Yeah, there's someone special alright." He gave a little chuckle.

I expected his answer but I'd rather it not be true. He has a girlfriend he's buying expensive jewelry for. My half a fraction of a chance just got even smaller. 

"She's lucky," I said with a fake smile as I finished wrapping. "Did you find a bow you liked?" I asked looking up.

He was just looking at me. For the longest time he just looked. He had a small smile on his lips, an arched brow, and his eyes. His eyes. They scanned up and down. They scanned me! It was impossible! I'm just seeing things. But the lack of air in my lungs and the burn of my cheeks were all too real. And what happened next nearly made me faint. 

Jackson took my hand in his. Jackson Wang was holding my hand! I wasn't sure what he was doing until he laid it down. 

"I'm having trouble deciding. Do you like the blue one or the Black and Gold?" I expected him to move away but he left his arm crossed over mine showing me the two. 

"T-the black and gold is nice." 

"Good idea." He stood back and let me finish before paying and leaving. 

Why did he have to have a girlfriend and why does he have to be so irresistible!?! I'm a weak human being I tell ya. 

The next two days were normal. No near heart attacks and no pure embarrassment. However that didn't last long. 

Jackson came back with another box by his side. I took a deep breath and repeated a mantra in my head. He's not cute! Don't blush! Act normal! He's not cute! Don't blush! Act normal! 

"Good morning Thin Mint!" He chided walking up to the counter. 

"It's the afternoon." In my attempt to not stutter I think what I said came out rudely but either he didn't notice or didn't care. 

"Well if I just woke up then it's my morning isn't it?" He asked leaning against the counter and raising an eyebrow. 

"M-maybe... Uh- is that another gift you'd like wrapped?"

"Nope!" Despite his words he slid the box over the counter anyways. "It's for you!" Small dimples formed in his cheeks as I picked up the package. 

Thin Mints.... My favorite Girl Scout cookie. 

I put the box down and started fidgeting with my hands mumbling incoherent thank you's. His large warm hand encircled mine and he brought my knuckles to his lips. They were soft and smooth against my skin and I'm not sure I ever blushed harder. 

"Later!" He said with a wink before walking off. 

He was so cute and sweet and overly flirtatious and my knees have become jelly and my insides mushy. I smiled and my heart raced over having his lips on me. But hello!?! He has a girlfriend! I had to remember that. I couldn't be the fool to piss off his prissy Miss Popular girlfriend. 

I was caught off guard every time he visited and his fifth stop was no different. He'd either act cute or flirtatious and I'd lose all thought and reality. Only after would I remind myself that it was wrong to indulge another girl's man. 

Today he had his arms behind his back. He had a mesmerizing low neck shirt under his long black over coat and skinny jeans that hugged his rather think thighs well. But damn it I can't fall for his for his bulging thigh muscles and sharp collar bones! I refuse it! 

"Hey thin mint!" He said with a smile. An attempt at the cute approach. 

I ignored him. I completely ignored him. Well not completely but to the best of my ability. 

"What's wrong Thin Mint? I bought you flowers." 

He held a bouquet of white roses with the tips stained blue. Such a beautiful combination and especially from him. I wanted to give in so bad. But I couldn't. 

"I also bought you a dress. I think it would look pretty y on you." He said biting his lip and arching his brow. 

"Yah! Thick thighs! I will not fall for your incredibly perfect fluffy hair, or your beautiful lips, sharp collar bones or hot face! I will not I will not I will not!"

"Ah you think I'm hot?" His eyebrows wiggled up and down. 

"Stop! You have a girlfriend so leave me alone!" 

"Thin Mint-"

"I have a name you know! So stop calling me that. Here let me tell you," not like he'd care anyways. "It's R-"

"Renee." He interrupted. Wait? He knows my name. "I've known it for a long time. I've wanted to talk to you for so long it's just you seemed too perfect. I just finally got the courage and I was going to ask you out the day you wrapped my gift but I got too shy."

"So what? You just start shamelessly flirting?"

"That's just how I am."

"Oh and so two timing your girlfriend is just how you are right?" I have no clue where this little bit of defiance came from. 

"What girlfriend?"

"The one you were buying jewelry for!" 

He looked at me confused for a moment then erupted in laughter. So much so he planted his face into the counter and his body heaved up and down. 

"You thought? Ahahaha. When he was done he rested his chin on his crossed arms. "That gift," there were still small traces of laughter in his words, "my dad bought it for my mom. I was just getting it wrapped."

"So you don't-" he shook his head no. "And I made a fool of myself for no re-" he nodded. 

And now the intense blushing was back. I wanted to revert into my shell and maybe later if remember everything that was said between us. But I couldn't hide before he spoke again. 

"So... You think I'm hot?"

_________________________

for my sister on wattpad because I feel like it. Don't judge me! Also it was Christmas time so why not?? 

Rina💜