Seventeen: Dino

In My Mind

Finally today is the day! I held both tickets to my chest. The excitement was so much that I couldn't bear to let them out of my sight. One was merely my bus ticket. But the other. That was the special one. That's the one I saved everything I had for. I stopped shopping and buying band merchandise, it killed me to do so but the result was worth it. 

What I held firmly to my chest for the past month and a half was a God sent. It was my ticket to meet Seventeen! My first fan meet and I couldn't be more excited! 

The weather was gloomy today of all days and my mother forced a raincoat on me. It was lucky my mother thought of these things because sure enough as I was nearing the bus stop the rain decided to pour down. I swear this wasn't in the forecast. But it didn't matter. I was still on my way to meet Seventeen. More importantly I was on my way to meet Dino! Maybe it was how close our age was and maybe it was because his face just took my breath away. It didn't matter. I loved him. 

I wedged myself into the crowded stop. There was just enough room for me in the small shelter. The rain pounded against the plastic roof yet those of us inside remained dry. My heart was exploding with excitement as I imagined how our interaction would go. I hoped that my hand wouldn't get sweaty as I reached for them. How embarrassing would that be?

A boy squeezed in beside me. A cap covered his head and a black mask covered the majority of his face. The sides of his head were shaved. I peaked over at the phone in his hand. The GPS was and he franticly looked around us. I looked away and looked out in front. Hopefully the bus would get here soon. 

More and more people forced their way into the small shelter. We'd all have to press together to welcome the new arrivals. Eventually people started pushing just so they'd stay dry for the time being. 

All of a sudden a hand pushed against my back and sent me face first into the pavement. The rain immediately soaked me to the bone. I looked up. My hands were open. Where were my tickets!?

"Are you okay?" Someone asked from behind. I ignored them and searched the area for my prized possession. 

My heart raced and tears brimmed in my eyes. In my blurry vision I caught two rectangular pieces of paper. That's it, it has to be!

I scrambled to the street but the rushing water quickly flowed to the drain. That was it. My dreams and all my hard work.... For nothing. All down a drain. My tears mixed with the freezing rain and I fell into my lap. My dreams had been ruined. 

"Ma'am are you okay?" The boy who once stood beside me was picking me up from the ground. 

"Th-they're gone." I said weakly. "My ticket,"

"I'm sure the bus driver will understand." His voice was muffled by both the rain and his mask. 

"I don't care about the bus!" I yelped pulling back from him. "I had the chance to meet Seventeen today. To meet Dino! And now that chance is ruined! I'll never be able to save up that money again."

I looked to the ground. I wasn't sure what was my tears and what was the rain droplets. 

"Come with me." Without explanation he took my hand and pulled me away. 

I was too shocked and distraught to say no. My brain wasn't working clearly. 

"Who's this?" Was the question I heard when I was pulled into the black Escalade. 

"A friend. We have to go now or we'll be late." Without further complaint the driver took off. 

My brain was slow to process all that was happening. I lost my prized possession and now... I'm letting a stranger take me... Why was I letting this happen? Where were we going!?

"Here," he boy reached across my seat and buckled me in. 

I stared into his eyes as he did so. When he finished he smoothly grabbed onto my hand. Was it his rapid pulse or mine that I was feeling? Did I know him? Of course not! He's a weirdo who just... Kidnapped me. 

"Let me go right now!" I screamed finally getting control of my stupid brain. 

"You don't have a bus ticket."

"So! Does that mean you have the right to just throw me into your car and take off?"

"You came willingly. Remember?" He said poking my head. 

"Pull over! Pull over right now!" I demanded 

"Okay." He raised his hands in the air. "Hyung! How close are we?"

"Five more minutes and we'll be there."

"Can you wait five minutes?" The boy asked. 

"I..." Should I? All I did was nod and inch closer to the door. 

"What's your name?" He asked after a minute. 

"Kristyn." No no nooo! I wasn't supposed to tell him that. I didn't want to tell him that. "What's your name?"

"I'm-"

"Here!" The driver cut him off. 

The boy and the driver hopped out of the car. I was alone. My door opened and there stood the boy. He held out his hand for me and when I didn't take it grabbed onto me and pulled me out of the car. 

We ran into a building where we were soon met with the excited clamor of hundreds of fan girls. We... We're at the fan meet. Seventeen's fan meet! But why?

"Noona!" The boy ran up to the woman taking tickets. "Would you let Kristyn through?"

"Does she have a ticket?" She asked coldly. 

"No."

"Then you know my answer."

"Please do this for me!" He begged. 

"And who are you to ask this favor?"

He pulled the mask from his face to reveal his features. I nearly fell to the floor. It. It was Dino. Of Seventeen!

"Y-yes sir!" She smiled and happily let me through. Before I could go Dino grabbed my wrist and pulled me close. 

"See you in a few." He whispered before running away.

I stood in the line anxiously. I was standing next to Dino at the bus stop. Not just standing. Our bodies were pressed together! He held my hand and reached across my body just to buckle me. He went out of his way to make sure I could attend this event. I knew I recognized him. And maybe that's why I went along with everything. Somehow I knew that it was okay.

The closer I got the the table the harder my heart beat. What should I say to him? Do I apologize for freaking out and being rude? Do I fangirl like I wanted to? 

"Hello," Jeonghan smiled at me. Already he was signing his photograph. "Tell me, who is your favorite member? Is it me?"

He smiled like an angel as his long hair fell over his beautiful face. 

"I-I can't choose." I said dishonestly. I had a bias. But now I just didn't want to admit it. 

I shyly moved along until I was face to face with my bias. My savior. Dino. My cheeks heated up as he reached out for my hands. 

"Wow," he muttered "look at you." His smile was melting my heart. Did he have to look at me so intently? "Are you always this beautiful?" He said cocking his head to the side.

I blushed looking down only to meet our intertwined fingers. He let go and uncapped his marker and started writing on the picture of himself. He continued to speak taking glances at me. 

"It was nice meeting you Kristyn." He gave me a smile before sending me along. 

Even as I moved on I continued to peak over at him and I swear there was a time or two I caught him looking back. I was sent away with their signed faces in my arms. As I walked I flipped through the images until I found him. What exactly did he write?

You looked beautiful in the rain and even more so when you were blushing because of me. Imagine how you would look on my arm. Call me and maybe we'll see. :)

Lee Chan 


A cell number was scribbled shortly after his name. This can't be real. This only happens in fanfics and dramas. There was no way he'd actually given me his number. 

Later that night I laid in bed. Should I call? What if it was just a joke?

I'd punched in the number and deleted it countless times. And then I couldn't take it any longer. I hit the call button and the ringing noise began.

"Hello?" A tired familiar voice sounded in my ear. 

"Hello, it's Kristyn... If it's too late I can call back. O-or if you do-"

"I was waiting for your call all night! What took you so long?" His voice immediately became more lively. 

"I-I was nervous." I admitted. 

"Don't be. I don't bite.... Much." He let out a soft laugh before continuing, "so do you think you want to hang out with me sometime?"

Did he really need an answer for that?

"Yes!" I said with a little too much excitement. 

"Good... Is it safe to call it a date?" 

I was quiet for a good three minutes. Was he seriously asking me on a date? 

"Yah Dino! Get off the phone! I'm trying to sleep so just tell your lover to wait till tomorrow!" Vernon's voice echoed. 

L-lover? I nearly choked on my own spit. 

"I-I'll text you later." all traces of his smooth attitude were gone. The line was cut and all my thoughts lingered. 

I was going to go on a date with Dino!

_____________________

For my lovely Kristyn 

Rina💜