Four

Alone in a Strange Land
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got into my hotel room amd called my parents. We talked for what seems like hours and I told my sister in not so certain term that Imet a psycho, a weird psycho , and no I don't think he is dangerous but a weirdo all the same. She wanted to know everything about him but of course I am not willing to share anything especially not about his job offer. I have to decide that on my own and although Javier might seem crazy he is actually not going to hurt me right? At least not while Mrs Kim is around.

 

The next morning the phone in my room rang and I groaned in my hands as I crawled to pick it up. 'How can I help you?' I asked as politely as I could, not wanting to be rude even though I really want to. Why do I have to be woke up so early in the morning?  

My day just got better when the receptionist told me that my visitor is a Mrs Kim. I gave the permission for her to come in. I picked up my tablet, ouch, it's past 11am already. I unlocked the door and got in the shower and called out through the bathroom for her to come in.  

 

Half an hour later we were eating her fabulous brownies. I must admit that Mrs Kim is an exceptional cook, a fact she is real proud about. If it were me I will be proud too. She asked me not to worry that Javier will get me a job. I resisted the urge to ask her what kind of job he might have for me and isn't he supposed to call me about the job already? What a dickhead. 

 

Mrs Kim and I talked for hours and I realised she is actually a kind woman. I really do like her a lot. We talked and talked. She told me about her husband amd Javier's mum who was her sister.   She and her sister were sent Abroad to study and that was where Su Jin met Fernando, Javier's dad.  She also met her husband Sa hoon in California and they got married, with her sister Su jin married four months earlier.  Su jin had Javier the second year they got married but she and her husband decided to wait a bit before having  Jong In. 

 

She only told me that Javier and his father are not on the best of terms and that her sister divorced his dad but she wouldn't say why and thankfully I am not the type to probe. I enjoy Mrs Kim's company and I told her bits and pieces about myself. One would think we were two friends talking, reminiscing about old times while in actuality we were just two strangers who just became friends. Can I really call her a friend? I really do think of her as such though. 

 

Hours later she is gone and I suddenly felt lonely. I checked my phone's screen for the thousandth time but yet there is still no beep or text from Javier. The guy is really stupid.  Frowning at the screen it rang and I jumped slightly, startled. Of course it is him.  'Hi,' I grunted in the phone. He can keep his job, really I don't need it but I just wanted to keep myself busy but well I have no idea what his  job entails. 

 

'Feeling grumpy huh?' He chuckled and I stuck out my tongue even though he cannot see me. 'Of course you are.' He said and I still did not make a comment. 'Anyways Lois, I will pick you up tonight.' 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter