Two

Alone in a Strange Land
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I puffed my cheeks and looked annoyed but of course none of them paid me any attention, they were just chatting away.

'I am so worried about Javier, he lives so recklessly and the worst thing is that he seems to enjoy his lifestyle tremendously. I don't know why he doesn't want to live here, this is much better than him living in a brothel right?' She turned her face to Jong In.

Kai hid a smile. 'It is not a brothel Mum, it is an apartment above his Club.' He said with a chuckle.

'It is still the same,' She retorted, wrapping her hands across her chest, her bosom rising up and down. She turned to look at me and managed a thin smile.

'We will be home in no time my dear. I will cook dinner and then we will talk about you and your culture. I know Nigeria is a Country of diverse cultures, ethnics, tribes, I will really like to know more. I am very inquisitive by nature and I love to do researchs. My latest one is to find out why Humans have to return to earth. I mean is it really true we will all become dust one day? I beg to differ. I have started my research but so far nothing productive has come out of it, perhaps you could help me?'

For a moment I thought she was joking but catching the son's eyes in the rearview mirror and the intent look on her face I realised she isn't. Hell no. Do I look like a theologer or am I God? '

I believe in mysteries. These things are mysteries and should be left at that.' I stated. I heard the son chuckling in the front seat and I kept my mouth sealed, a tight line forming around my lips. I really want to go back to the hotel and sleep not being driven against my will million of miles away from it. If the Kims are cannibals how do I escape from them and make a fast getaway to the hotel? I don't even know these people and they don't know me either, how could they be so welcoming to a total stranger if they are not murderers who wants to kill me for some sort of a ritual?

 'Earth to Lois

,' the son stood outside the car beside my window and smiled down at me. For a moment I was confused until I realised we have arrived at their home. I flushed slightly as I ducked my head and reached for the door handle. The Son moved away from the car and
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter