one

Alone in a Strange Land
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I retrieved my Echolac from Customs. My backpack was strapped to my back, housing my Laptop, Android tablet PC and my Nokia C3-00 and other essentials. Wow, here I am in a foreign land all alone and i can do anything I feel like doing which is just why I was so eager about the vacation in the first place. After a tedious Semester last session this vacation is just what I need.

I wheeled my monstrous suitcase outside the Airport and figured the first thing I have to do is lodge in a hotel but then I remembered that I only have naira with me. The first stop then will be a Bank to exchange my Nairas for Wons. I could feel people staring at me and honestly I am the type of person who doesn't give a flying about what others say in as much as I am not in the least bit interested in it.

I am the build oof an athlete, tall and slim something i don't have to work at. I just never seem to put on weight. I am llight brown in complexion, a colour ssome would refer to as chocolate. My pupils are brown and I have a touch of brown in my left iris. My hair is something I am really proud of. Truthfully I find sitting to plait my hair boring and a waste of thing, that is when I don't feel likeplaiting it. Mostly I have it cut down low. My hair is soft and have a natural curl to it, something I inherited from my Paternal grandmother. Right now I didn't have it cut so low as I usually do because I am still not sure if I should leave it be slightly long or plait it. I wore a penciled blue Rihanna jeans, a pink turtle neck sweater and a bright pink converse.

I glanced down at my wristwatch, 8:17am, I did a mental calculation anand discovered it is 3:17pm here in Seoul. I should remember to change my watch to the new time zone when I get to the hotel.

I stepped forward and flagged down a cab. The driver got down and stowed my suitcase in the booth. 'Where to miss?' He asked in a heavily accented English.

I smiled at him. 'I need to go to the bank and can you take me to a hotel after I am done?' I asked as I sat down in the backseat of the cab. The driver simply nodded as he drove off.

***

After what felt like hours he finally dropped me in front of a Hotel. He retrieved my suitcase from the booth and dropped it beside me. 'How much isthe fare?' I asked as I reached for my wallet. He shook his head no, 'Welcome to the Country,'he said as he walked back around to the driver's door and drove off. I stare at the rear of the taxi and opened my mouth in surprise. 'Thank you.' I muttered to myself. I faced the hotel and went in.

'Hi,' I said to the Lady at reception. 'I need a room.'

'How long do you intend to stay Miss?' She asked politely.

I tilted my head sideways. 'A week I think, yeah a week.' I affirmed.

'Do you want a suite or a single room?'

What am I gonna do with a suite. 'A single room,'

'Okay Miss,' She said as she tapped furiously on her system. Finally she looked up with a smile. 'Are you paying with cash or credit card?'

'Cash.'

She nodded and after handing her the fees she handed me a keycard. 'Fourth floor, room 4C.'

'Thanks,' I mumbled as I headed for the elevator. The elevator doors opened and I stepped in. More stares but I ignored it unti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter