Three

Alone in a Strange Land
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door opened and I turned to the doorway as I thought is expected of me. Jong In came in first and then he entered, he, Javier. He had the looks of a Spaniard, dark fathomless eyes and green spiky hair, seriously? A green hair? Where did this guy come from planet Jupiter? He looks like one of 'em ridiculous beings one would find in a Power Rangers movie but still that doesn't diminish his beauty. He wore leather all through, jacket, pants, boots and gloves. 'Who is that?' he asked Kai, beckoning to me with a jerk of his head.

Kai stepped away from the door and resumed sitting beside me, beaming at me he looked back to Javier. 'Javier this is Lois our friend.' He said as a means of introduction.

Javier took off his gloves and tossed them on the table, his legs following his action. 'Our?' His eyes were on me and I indulged him too by staring right back at him.

Kai nodded. 'Yes. she is mum and I's friend. She just came to Seoul, she is African, a...'  

'I

 know,' he said curtly, jerking his eyes away from me and to put that steady gaze on Kai. 'Can't she greet?' I heard him mumble under his breath and I mused. Just then Mrs Kim bustled out from the kitchen, a tray in hand.

'You are here,' she dropped the tray and kissed him on the cheek. She leaned back to survey his features, 'You are not eating as I have hoped you would but you aren't doing too bad.' She said with an affectionate smile.

How come no one is bothered with his freakish green coloured hair? I asked myself. Shifting slightly on my seat I said gently. 'Mrs Kim I will go now that I have met your son.' I avoided her eyes as I stood up, ready to go.

'Nonsense,' Mrs Kim said and came to stand beside me. 'I will just take this to the dining table and we will eat.' She picked up the tray to put it on the dining table before going back into the kitchen. Kai took my arm and dragged me to the table and I sat down meekly. Of course I was aware that Javier is scrutinising me but I chose to ignore him.

Throughout dinner I watched them talk animatedly before my life was placed on the platter to be discussed. Mrs Kim would be glad to have me stay with her and save myself from the expenses at the hotel and also I could really use  home cooked meals and of course would Javier be a darling and give me a job?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter