Five

Alone in a Strange Land
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Javier took me back the way we came me and took me with him to the bar. 'Hey Sam,' he said when he got there, getting the bartender's attention. 'This is Lois and she will be working alongside you. She will be in the background tonight, teach her the ropes.'

Sam the bartender looked me up and down and I had no doubt he found me inadequate as a bartender, I found myself inadequate too. 'No problem Javier.' He said and then flash me a grin. A grin I wasn't sure was sincere, it was either he enjoys the fact that he got to split his orders or that he didn't want to say anything in front of Javier.

Javier nodded. 'Good. I will go out back.' He turned to me. 'See you later Lois and don't cause trouble.' He said before leaving.

I watched him leaving. Why would I ever cause trouble?

'Come over here.' Sam beckoned to me and o meekly obeyed. 'Just keep an eye on things, the orders and how it is done.' He instructed when I stood beside him behind the counter. He was working some orders but still found the time to talk. 'Some of the guys here are brutes and always looking for a girl to torment don't mind them. The bouncer usually takes care of them, sometimes Javier does so himself. Just don't get too close with some of these guys, they bite.' He said and I nodded. There is no way I am leaving my behind the counter safe haven.

I realised that Club Javier's is full of s. All those that have been coming to the bar ordered in English and I know that is because there is no dominant of Koreans here. Americans, Spaniards, Africans, Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Mexicans, British, the list goes on. Club Javier's is a non racial club.

'I've seen you got a new face in the house.' A drunk man slurred. I looked at him and he is clearly British, the accent is there and he really does look cute but he is wasted. I briefly wondered how much he had had to drink.

' off,' Sam growled.

The guy raised his hands in mock surrender. 'Chill mate, just trying to have fun.' He said as an excuse.

Sam didn't buy his excuse. 'You already had more than enough fun Brad, time to leave.' He growled.

Brad grinned. 'I am not as wasted as you probably thought, just bored. Who is the new girl?' He asked and I realised he was not as drunk as I thought he was.

Sam sighed. He didn't say anythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter