06 - Scare her, Heal Her

The Ice Manifesto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

HYERI

The Hovercraft finally stopped and landed in front of an old looking like building that was colored white, had a big white dome on top and huge pillars outside. Suho said it was the building of the head of Avis security. We all pile outside the hover craft and I look around again.

I spotted some guards strategically place on the right places and some were even on top of the neighboring buildings. A group of adults welcomed us and saluted the general we had with us.

"Hyeri. Look." Kang said and I watched as a long sleek limo stopped on the curb and booted feet got out followed by sleek pants and a bedazzled shirt. I gasped as the girl faced us and her long purple hair shone in the sunlight.

"Hyeri!" The girl shouted with enthusiasm and waved.

"Minji Eonni!!" I screamed leaving the others and ran to the girl who was holding her arms wide open. I laugh as I enveloped my arms around her. "Eonni! Long time no see!"

"How are you?" She asked once we finally stopped shouting each others name and jumping around. She held my shoulders and her eyes went up and down. "Stupid question, you were attacked by monsters, of course you aren't okay."

"I'm fi- ow!" I gasped out as Minji squeezed my wounded arm. She immediately lets go of me and her happy smile turned upside down.

"Oh my gosh Hyeri. What did I do? Did I hurt you? I'm sorry!!" She said worriedly but was hesitant to touch me. I cradled my injured arm close to as I shook my head.

"Not you fault Eonni. I got clawed by something." I answered smiling at her reassuringly. I almost told her that an ice wolf clawed me but I remember the look of fear on the medic's eyes.

"Still I'm so sorry! We should take you to the hospital! Kang Seung Yoon!" She shouted and grasped my other elbow and towed me back to the crowd that has watched us all the while. I felt heat on my face as I realized that I must have looked like an idiotic fool.

"Hello Noona." Kang said bowing and so did the others.

"What are you waiting for! Hyeri is injured! Hospital now!" She said to him loudly she scanned that group we faced and paused when she saw Luhan and Minseok. "Lu Oppa! Minseok Oppa! Hello are you..?"

I glance at Minji since she had suddenly stopped talking. She had slightly open and was staring.

"Eonni?" I asked waving my hand in front of her. She glanced at me still a bit wide eyed.

"You didn't tell me you had them with you." She hissed and made head motions towards the back where Chanyeol, Suho and Kris stood.

"You know them?" I asked.

"Duh they're the super stars of the academy. Of course I know them." She answered and tugged me unconsciously. I uttered a soft protest and that snapped her back to reality. She shot me a worried glance but smiled again and bowed. "Hello Suho-sshi, Kris- sshi, Chanyeol-sshi."

"You go to the academy too right?" Suho asked with a polite smile. "I apologize but I forgot your name."

"Of course you will. I'm an Ordis your a Caster. I hardly go up to your part of the academy." Minji answered but a smile that for me was rather forced.

"This is Gong Minji. Part of our rather large family." Kang interjected. "Noona we were just about to bring her to the hospital."

"Are you okay?" Minji asked turning away from her fellow school mates to look at her brothers.

"We're fine. Hyeri was the only one that is heavily injured." Kang said also shooting me a worried look.  

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go." Jinwoo said.

"Oppa?" I asked to my two older brothers who moved forward.

"Hello Minji-ah." Minseok said and bowed at Minji who bowed back. "Hye-ah they need to talk to Luhan for a few more minutes."

"We can wait then- ow." I said feeling a sharp cold stab on my injured arm. I cradled it closer to my chest.

"Baby what's wrong?" Luhan demanded seeing me wince again.

"It's just throbbing rather painfully and the cold I felt on the area is spreading. My whole arm feels a bit tender." I answered raising the arm but stopped when it protested.

"Hospital." Luhan said looking behind us. "Can we talk later please? My sister needs medical attention."

"They can take her to the hospital." The General answered nodding towards Kang.

"Oppa we'll just wait. I don't want you alone." I said to Luhan using my other hand to hold on the sleeve of his coat. "I can hold off for a few more minutes."

I shivered again despite the heavy coat I was wearing. Strange. I was fine a few minutes ago.

"Is it really this cold in Avis?" I ask out loud. "Go Oppa. We'll just wait for you here."

"Excuse me." Suho said with a frown as he caught me shiver. He moved forward and grasped my injured arm gently. "Hyeri can you take off your coat? I need to see your arm."

"But Suho-sshi! It's cold." I protested shivering.

"Yeolie." Suho said the fire caster's name and suddenly a ring of fire surrounded Suho and me. I yelp out now in fear.

"Oppa!!" I shouted pulling my arm away from Suho who looked confused as Luhan and Minseok charge through the fire. They stood by my side in a protective stance.

"Stop it! Stop it right now!" Luhan shouted. "Stop please!"

"Hyeri! Hyeri!" Minseok said as I started to see black spots. The pain in my arm had now spread to my chest and the fear in my head was too much. I surrendered to the blackness.

+++

I woke up in a rather simple bed in a gray room. My head was aching but the pain in my arm was gone. I tried raising it but it won't budge. I frowned and blinked now trying to sit up. I manage to sit up properly when the door opened and a young man entered.

He blinked at me rather blankly for a few moments and then smiled.

"You're awake! Yey!" He said and clapped twice. The dimples on his cheek made him look adorable.

"How long was I unconscious? Are you a doctor? You're too young to be one." I said shaking my head wincing.

"Does it hurt anywhere else?" He asked in a sing song voice and stepped towards me with a hand raised. I leaned away but he reached out and touched my forehead. I gasp as a soft almost transparent white mist came out of my head. Instantly my headache disappeared.

"You're a healer." I said amazed as the white mist made a circle on his palm and it gradually disappeared. I notice a rather large white ring glow on one of his fingers. "That was amazing."

"My name is YiXing but you can call me Lay." He answered smiling as his eyes gave me a once over. "You don't seem to have any more pain anywhere."

"I don't but my arm wont move." I said and glance it it and was surprised to see restraints on it. "Why?"

"Oh I apologize for that! I can't heal you properly since you were moving around so much even in your sleep and also for the magic to set properly." He said and waved his hand. The restraints came off and I raised my arm in wonder. It looked good as new. "Can you flex it for me?"

I did what he asked. He clapped again as I didn't wince when I flexed my arm.

"Wiggle your fingers?" He asked.

He laughed as I did so.

"You Hye-ah is good as new." He said smiling his dimpled smile.

"Do I know you?" I asked confused as he hummed happily.

"No. I just met you now why?" He asked fiddling with a hologram check board.

"You called me Hye-ah. Only people I know call me that." I answered kicking away the blankets and saw that I was still dressed in my tattered birthday dress.

"That's the name they called you outside. A bunch of boys and one female were frantically pacing outside when Kai dropped me here after Suho called." Lay answered siting himself on the edge of the bed. "Isn't that your name?"

"My name is Hyeri." I answered trying to get out of bed.

"Oh I apologize Hyeri-ah." He said and smiled again helping me to dangle my legs on the side of the bed.

"Well you practically healed me so I don't think I would mind if you do call me Hye-ah." I answered smiling back at him. I looked around for my boots and saw them at the foot of the bed.

"Yey!" He said and plopped down on the floor by my feet. He pulled my boots towards him.

"Oh no Lay-sshi. Please I can do that myself." I protested as he grasped one of my ankles.

"Nah I don't mind." He said grinning as he gently slipped my feet inside. "You have such dainty feet."

"Uhh thanks?" I said and chuckled awkwardly.

"Tell me Hye-ah you're an Ordis right?" He asked as he laced my boot.

"Yes I am." I answered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter