05 - Avis

The Ice Manifesto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
HYERI "What I don't understand is how you single-handily managed to stop that Ice monster." Suho said serving tea as they sat around a circular table. I was seated in a sofa but was within earshot of the conversation. Minseok was besides me serving as my pillow. On the table was Luhan, Suho, Chanyeol, Kris and two other older officials that I didn't catch their names. The younger ones simply addressed them as General and Sargent. Suho glanced around seeing me yawning. "Hyeri-sshi would you like some tea?" "I can't say I have acquired a taste for tea Suho-sshi, I would love a glass of water though." I answered. "From the tap please." "But of course." Suho answered grinning as he went to a built in faucet and glass in hand turned the faucet on. "I was half expecting you to conjure me a water fountain." I said taking the glass from him. "Would you rather drink water from it then?" He asked. "Umm no. I don't know where you took that water. No offense Suho-sshi." I answered drinking the water and realized how thirsty I was gulped it down. I eyed the glass and the distance I need to walk for me to get another glass. "Let me." Suho said smiling. He flicked his hand much like Luhan does when he wants something to fly towards him. I watched amazed as a ribbon of water came from the tap to my glass. No a drop spilled and the ribbon of water stopped when my glass was full. "Not your everyday parlor trick eh?" Kris asked seeing my jaw open. I closed my mouth chuckling awkwardly. "I tried doing that once, the whole pail flew towards Hyeri instead of just the water." Luhan said with a grin as I glared at him. "Seems I'm limited to solid things only." "Or you haven't learned it yet." Suho replied taking my glass after I emptied it. "Is Luhan the only Caster among you three?" the man named General asked eying me. I looked back at him cocking my head. He was looking at me like he was searching for something. "Yes. He is. Hyeri and I are Ordis." Minseok answered. "I can hardly lift something when I flick my pinkie." "Young man you will come to learn that there are many different kinds of magic different from what your adopted brother has." General man answered now studying Minseok. "And you said you just stumbled upon young Luhan when you were a child?" "Yes, I got lost in the alleys of Maraha, I was looking for Mom when I saw him tear stained and dirty. I was curious as to why no one was going near him. I found Mom and brought her with me back to him. Mom took him in. We reported him missing but no one came to take him." Minseok said. "Same with Hyeri." "You can look it up in Maraha's official records." Luhan said. The General continued to ask about our past but I already knew what they're going to answer. I yawned and leaned away from Minseok who was talking. I leaned the other way into Kang who patted his shoulder. I grin and snuggled into him now sleepy again. "I don't understand too. I just suddenly felt more powerful. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I was capable of controlling something that huge." Luhan said. "It took Kris and me combined to melt one of its arms. That was how dense it was." Chanyeol said. "Well you guys are the professionals. I don't know what happened. Power just surged in me and used it to save myself. It's not a crime is it?" Luhan said. "And the ice wolves?" General asked. "Those were more easier to kill. Just hit them hard enough and boom." Luhan answered. I closed my eyes. The movement of the craft was sleep inducing and Kang started to softly hum to me one of my favorite songs. I didn't realize I had drifted off. +++ It amused me hugely seeing Chanyeol upset about finding out how disastrous my birthday was. He looked even more upset then I was. "Chanyeol-sshi. It's okay really." I said as I rub my eyes. Kang had woken me up saying that I would kill him if I didn't. We were about to see the famous Avis skyline, the one that I have read so many times about. "I'll buy you a cake once we get to Avis."Chanyeol said pouting. "It's suppose to be a happy day for you." "The day isn't over yet eh. I can still make it happy." I answered wincing as my arm throb. "Before any cakes, we should take her to the hospital. Let a healer see her." Suho said. "That would be ideal.. But would it be expensive?" Luhan asked. "Don't think about that." Kang inserted. "You guys saved our lives. I think Uncle would be more then willing to pay for those medical services. Heck he might even ask you to move in the mansion in Maraha." "But I like my house." I grumbled as Minseok and Luhan cheered. "And that was the only house that holds Mom's memories. If we move away it'll get sold." "We'll buy it then." Nam said smiling at me. "How fun it is to be rich." I mumbled as he grinned at me. Before I can say more Kris interrupted us. "Hyeri-sshi." He called out and I can't help but be giddy, he has such a beautiful low voice. "Yes Kris-sshi?" I answered smiling at him. He grinned back and I gulped. Why is he so freaking gorgeous? Why? "We're nearing the bend where you'll first see Avis. We have a view port on top. Would you like to go there?" He asked standing up. I look around and apparently the meeting had finished while I had dozed off. The General and Sargent were no where in sight. "I guess." I answered standing up and happy to find out that I no longer felt faint. "Can we come too?" Minseok asked. "But of course." Suho answered. In the end we all trouped up to the viewing deck on top of the hover craft. It was technically the roof of the craft but they had placed a glass enclosure around it. The craft must have been hit by a gust of wind since it suddenly veered sideways. I almost bumped my head into a wall but Kris caught me in time. I felt my eyes grow wide as I stared at him up close. "Are you alright Hyeri-sshi?" He asked holding me in a firm grip as we ascended the last steps. "I- yes I'm fine. Thank you Kris-sshi." I answered letting out a breath as he finally let me go. I took a deep breathe and also inhaled a whiff of his scent. Well I can say that it perfectly matched him. It smelled of spices and man. "Anytime." He answered smiling again. I was mildly put off when Luhan between us but it faded when he looked at me with concern in his eyes. "I'm fine Oppa." I said poking his cheek as he puffed them out. "I was so worried." He said lowly putting a hand on my waist. "Mom's ghost will skin me alive if anything bad happens to you." "Can ghost do that?" I ask looking behind him to see that Kris had moved away and was talking to Minseok and Mino. "No and it seems you have a crush." Luhan said finally grinning as he saw where I was looking. I felt heat on my face as I hit his arm. "Oppa!" I whined. "Hyeri's blushing." He said laughing as I hit him again. "Hyeri has a crush." "You have a crush? Should I be jealous?" Kang asked standing beside us. He laughed as Luhan glared at him. "I know Hyung. I know. I have no authority over that. I am but Hyeri's go to movie date boy." "Kang! Your more then that!" I said trying to get out of Luhan's grip but he held on my waist firmly. "Really?" He asked with raised brows. "You take me to dinner too." I said grinning. Kang gave me a glare then chuckled. "You really are a piece of work Kim Hyeri." Kang said pinching my cheeks. "And Kris might be effing gorgeous but you're my boo." I said finally able to get out of Luhan's grip since Minseok called him. He kissed my temple gently and left me to Kang. "Please- please do not call me you're best friend. No." Kang said with another half-glare. "Sure Boo." I answered grinning at him. "Hyeri-sshi! Look!" Chanyeol inserted bounding towards me pointing to the side. I looked at Kris's blonde hair blowing in the wind but Chanyeol gently grasped the sides of my head and directed it towards another direction. My irritation disappeared as I felt amazement seep into my veins. The sight I was seeing was breathtaking. "Is this is?" I asked the two beside me. "Yes that's Avis." Kang answered. I can't tear my eyes away from the sight. Tall buildings were black against the horizon and if I squinted I can see specks that must be flying cars and hover crafts. I took a deep breath as I took it in and the flying islands. I have read off somewhere that Avis was just a small p
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter