Bilk

SHINee Drabbles

Title: Bilk

Pairing: Taemin/oc

Summary: Taemin cheats his way out of detention

Author’s Note: Sorry for the really late upload. I managed to finish this just before the day ends. My work is not making it easy for me.

Word Count: 1118

 

Bilk /bilk/

verb

  • Archaic evade; elude.
  • to slip away from

 

-*-

She is the school vice president and she treats her position very seriously. She only had one goal in her life as a senior high school vice president and that is to get rid the school of delinquent students or at least turn them into model students that the teachers and their parents would be proud of.

It was not an easy feat given that there are students whose sole purpose in life is to break every school policy.

Choi Minho, the varsity player whose fans always tend to cause trouble. He had this growing fan club whose screams were more annoying than the screeching sound of nails on a hard wood. Even their loyalty to the soccer player is so ridiculous that they would even go as far as to bully anyone who talks bad about their idol.

It was probably because he was using too much stamina that he always sleeps. If he's not playing he sleeps. He would sleep in class and is always late for school because he usually wakes up late in the morning. She wanted to reprimand the guy for his tardiness and she was determined to put the guy in detention before the day is over. She was a little worried though that he might just sleep the entire time he’ll be in detention.

Kim Jonghyun. He breaks every single rule in the school’s dress code policy. He lets his shirt lose without tucking it in his baggy pants which drags the floor. He usually gets teased by Choi Minho who is way taller than he is saying, “You know, wearing long pants won’t make you taller.” But even that couldn’t make him wear decent pants. He also dyes his hair blonde and wears bling blings bigger than the school ID. He’s definitely going to detention with Choi Minho, she decided.

Kim Kibum. Unlike Jonghyun, he does not break the school rules - at least not the ones written down. He wears ridiculous hat with colours that hurts the eyes, shoes with spikes and although he wears khaki pants as stated in the dress code, he decided to wear a red belt to match the outfit. She already stopped reprimanding him since that moment when he said, "There's nothing in the rules which says, you can't wear hats or belts." She made a mental note to convince the teachers to revise the dress code and be more specific with the rules. As much as she wanted to put him in detention together with Choi Minho and Kim Jonghyun it’s impossible if she couldn’t come up with a list of school rules that he violated.

Lee Taemin. She knows too little about the guy. All she knows is that he’s a transferee student, only a freshman, and it has only been a week since he first came to school.

“Sunbae!” She told the senior student who was supposed to be the student body president. “Why do you tolerate these students? Of all people you should be the one reprimanding them."

Lee Jinki is the school president, a model student and a responsible leader but when it comes to reprimanding delinquents he would rather hang out with them than put them in detentions. And from the looks of things (which annoyed the hell out her even more) he seemed to be in good terms with those four troublemakers and as for how these five people click so well is beyond her understanding. There are rumours around that as long as you give Jinki a chicken for lunch he will let you off easily. If there is any truth in those stories she couldn’t be certain.

“What did they do this time?” Jinki asked obviously uninterested but polite enough to act as if he is.

“Besides the usual tardiness and dress code violation? Let’s see…” She checked the sheet of paper where she lists down every complaint the school body receives in a day. “They were caught spray painting the walls.”

“Now that is a serious offence,” Jinki said but didn’t offer a suggestion for the punishment. “Did you guys really do it?”

Minho was honest enough to say, “Taemin suggested it.”

She looked at Taemin and the smile that was playing on his lips was enough to convince her he’s guilty. Odd because that single smile was a bit unnerving and for a second she almost forgot what she was about to say.

“Did you know vandalism is a crime?” she asked when she finally got a grip of herself.

“I do.” Taemin said with such confidence and conviction as if he didn’t do anything wrong although his tone of voice and the words he spoke were contradicting.

“Then why did you do it?”

“Because it’s fun.” That’s the most ridiculous reason she ever heard in her life as the school body vice president. Most students will never admit to their crime. And if they were really caught in the act and there is no way out they would start making excuses like someone forced them to do it or that they thought it was not against the rules. But this is the first time someone actually admitted to it and then says it is fun. Either he was too stupid to think that admitting the truth will never put him into trouble or he was just too confident that he could actually get away with it.

Over her dead body. Lee Taemin will definitely get what he deserves for breaking the school rules.

“I’ve decided,” she announced. Her job was easy because they didn’t even try to deny it. “All four of you will do community service and spend an hour in detention today.”

Jinki gave the boys a look that says, “Sorry, she’s the boss.” Groans were heard and each student looked upset except for Lee Taemin who moved closer to her and leaned his head so he could whisper something to her ear that she could only hear.

With the mixture of his hot breath that tickles her skin, his deep sultry voice that sent shivers down her spine and the meaning of his words, a blush slowly crept up her face and she could only gape at Taemin, caught between slapping the guy on the face or curl up in a ball and hide.

“You three,” she told Minho, Key, and Jonghyun. “Community service and detention.”

She turned to Taemin and said, “You, just get the hell out of here.”

All four guys stared at Taemin with unbelieving eyes. How he managed to cheat his way out of detention, they have a feeling they will never know and despite the injustice of their punishment they decided not to ask.

-*-

A/N: Any guesses as to what Taemin told her? :) I would love to know what you guys think.