Juncture

SHINee Drabbles

Title: Juncture

Summary: There is a haunted house at the juncture a few blocks away from her school

Pairing: Minho/oc

Word count: 1018

 

junc·ture

ˈjəNG(k)CHər/

nounjuncture;

  • a particular point in events or time.
  • a place where things join.

 

------------------------------

“Have you heard?” her friend pulled her on the side with a serious look on her face as if she was about to tell her something really important.

“Hear what?” she asked curiosity getting the better of her.

“You know the scary house at the juncture a few blocks away from our school?” She nodded and the other girl took it as a sign to go on. “Well, they say it’s not really abandoned. People living nearby say they can hear music coming from the house every night.”

“Oh.”

The other girl looked disappointed with the reaction she was getting but decided to move on with the rest of her story projecting a scary voice for added effect. “That’s not all. They say they can see light coming from the house and a shadow of a man walking here and there.”

“What kind of music do they hear?”

“What?” her friend asked as if the question doesn’t make sense.

“Music. What kind of music does the man listens to?”she asked again.

“That’s not the point. And it wasn’t a man.” She leaned closer and whispered to her ear, “They say it’s a vampire.”

She cracked up and her friend gave her a look of annoyance telling her hey-I’m-freakin-serious-so-quit-laughing.

“Vampire?” she repeated while rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand trying to get rid of the welling tears from too much laughter. “That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. But seriously, what kind of music does this vampire listens to?”

“Well, they say it’s more of RnB and alternative rock.”

“He definitely has a good taste in music for a hundred year old vampire.” She said before leaving her friend dumbfounded and a bit disappointed.

That night, she dropped by the grocery store before walking her way to the juncture her friend mentioned that morning. She had to admit the house was pretty scary so she was already devising a plan to do something about it. She entered without knocking because she knew her boyfriend wouldn’t mind even if she barge right in.

She found him sitting at the dusty couch, a smile slowly creeping up his face from the sight of her. He looks comfortable with his long legs spread and arms draped at the backrest. “I missed you,” his deep voice and the meaning of his words made her heart flutter with happiness.

She pretended she didn’t hear him and instead went to the kitchen and dropped the grocery bags at the table. She was still thinking of what to cook for him tonight when she noticed him standing next to her- too freakin’ close for her heart to handle. She didn’t hear him coming close and she finds it a little annoying that he keeps popping out of nowhere and surprising the hell out of her.

“If you keep doing that, I might die of heart attack you know.”

“But I missed you.” He whined while giving her a back hug and she wondered how someone so gorgeous and y one minute can be so cute and adorable the next. For someone who already lived for hundreds of years he was extremely good looking and totally handsome and that fact didn’t help calm her heart at all.

She turned to face him because she knew she wouldn’t be able to do much anyway with him being too close and clingy. He loosened the hug but didn’t let her go.

“I was supposed to cook something for you tonight but you’re making it impossible.”

“That’s alright. I can live without food but I can’t live without this,” he said before claiming her lips for a kiss. When it ended she could feel her cheeks colouring up with a shade of red. She was blushing like a school girl caught staring by her crush and she wanted to disappear. It didn’t matter that his lips felt cold against hers just like how cold the rest of his skin was, and it didn’t matter that he was different. What matters is that she’s in love and she knew he is too.

“You know, there’s a rumour going on at school,” she said remembering what her friend told her that morning.

His eyebrows perked up. “From the look on your face, I’m guessing it’s funny.”

“Extremely.” She said. “They think you’re a vampire.” She was trying her best not to laugh at the ridiculous idea. People always tend to associate haunted houses to ghosts and vampires. She couldn’t blame them though. His house was indeed scary. The ceilings were filled with cobwebs, the furniture needs fixing and the dust everywhere makes her sneeze. He doesn’t even have electricity and it’s going to be winter soon. He needs a damn heater if he wants her to stay. He doesn’t get cold but she does. She really needs to do something about it.

He grinned, his perfect white teeth showing. “Amusing, yes.”

“Are vampires real?”

“I’ve met some, yes.”

“Really?? A-are they scary?” She looked so surprised with the thought and he finds it weird because she wasn’t scared of him the first time they met even when his skin was cold and he was staggering instead of walking. She was filled with curiosity but definitely not fear. She’s the first person he met who wasn’t scared of him and he finds it somewhat amusing that this brave girl in front of him is scared of vampires.

“Are you scared?”

“No,” she said before looking away. He knew she was lying because she’s really bad at it.

“Don’t be. They are lesser beings than my kind.”

“How so?”

“They die. We don’t.”

“Well, that’s because you’re already dead.”

“They are boring creatures and have no taste in music. They like classics. Boring.”

She bit her bottom lip to hide her smile. “And R n’ B and alternative rock are cool?”

“Of course.” He said which made her crack up a little too loud and convinced his neighbours more that there really is a vampire living next to them at that old abandoned house right in front of the juncture.

 

----------

A/N: I don’t know if you noticed but this story is inspired by SHINee’s why so serious and Minho is supposed to be a zombie :D Thought I should explain.