Febrile

SHINee Drabbles

Title: Febrile

Pairing: Lee Jinki/oc

Summary: Jinki was asked to bring a drunken girl home.

Author’s Note: I was pretty excited about this one :D I don’t know why but compared to the others, Jinki’s stories always turn out to be my favourite. Could be because it’s pretty hard pairng up 2min and Jongkey with girls. They are meant for each other right? Anyway, its 12:30am of April 14 so I’m going to upload this now. Let me know what you think please?

Song Inspiration: “Punch drunk Love” by SHINee

Word Count: 1059

 

fe·brile /ˈfebˌrīl,ˈfēˌbrīl/

adjective

  • having or showing the symptoms of a fever.
  • having or showing a great deal of nervous excitement or energy.

synonyms: feverish, hot, burning, flushed, sweating; informal having a temperature

-*-

Jinki was staggering while carrying a heavy weight on his back. The febrile mess of a girl was not making it easy for him. It would have been better if she would just sleep but no, the girl was kicking, struggling and giggling since they left the bar. He cursed between his teeth for the nth time.

“I’m so sorry for intruding,” Jinki bowed low while muttering apologies to the couple who was living in the house they just intruded. It was the 3rd time Jinki knocked on a wrong house. Jinki knew it was a mistake to ask the drunken girl on his back but he had no other choice. They had to find her house before he collapsed from exhaustion.

“I’m so sorry oppa. Can you take care of Mari? My parents are going to kill me if I don’t get home soon.” His cousin called him in the middle of the night asking for a favor. If he knew this was the kind of favour he would be asked to do, he never would have left the comfort of his bed and drive for hours.

He had the sense to ask his cousin where Mari lives but she wasn’t very helpful. “She lives in Daegu. I’m not sure the house number though. Just ask Mari. I’m sure she knows where she lives.”

Yeah, if she was sober enough to recognize her own house. Jinki wouldn’t bet on it though.

“Are you sure this is your house?” Jinki asked. The girl giggled like a crazy person before nodding. The house looks unoccupied and there is no sign of anyone being home.

He let out a deep sigh before searching her bag for the keys. She was swaying her legs back and forth, which makes it harder for Jinki to keep his balance. After a few minutes of searching he found her keys. He made a silent prayer of gratitude when the door opened with a click.

He pushed the door open, searched for her bedroom and they both collapsed on the bed. Jinki lay there for a while catching his breath while the girl who already managed to grab a pillow was sleeping soundlessly beside him.

Jinki stood up and took off her shoes. He thought his job was done until the girl woke up and complained, “So cold…” He grabbed the blanket and covered her with it. But Mari kicked the blankets off of her and to Jinki’s surprise started ing the top of her shirt.

“Yah! What the heck…” wide-eyed and surprised from the scene before him, Jinki managed to stop her before she could undo the third button. He grabbed her arms in an attempt to keep her still.

“So cold…” she said again.

“If you’re cold, then stop undressing in front of me,” Jinki said although he was pretty sure she would never understand what he was saying, in her current drunken state.

Jinki realized how ridiculous their position was. He was on top of her, hands gripping her arms which lay on top of her head, and her cleavage was showing after she almost undressed herself on his watch. Damn if Jinki wouldn’t be as as he was right at that moment.

Breathe hitching, Jinki fought the urge to stare at the beautiful drunken feverish girl laying beneath him. He pulled himself up and tried for the second time to cover her with a blanket which she managed to kick again to Jinki’s frustration.

He stopped trying to cover her with the blanket and decided to leave the room. He went to the kitchen and gulped down some water before he went in search for some fever medicine. When he came back she was again fumbling with the buttons of her shirt while groaning in frustration for every unsuccessful attempt to it.

Jinki chuckled. How could she be so adorable and y at the same time?

He helped her up and forced her to take the medicine. After gulping it down, she collapsed back on the bed still complaining about the cold.

Jinki could only think of one solution to her problem and while thinking how crazy his idea was, he did it anyway. He lay down beside her, pulled her in a hug, closed his eyes, and tried his hardest to empty his mind of any indecent thoughts while Mari slept comfortably and soundlessly for the rest of the night.

When she woke up and found Jinki sleeping beside him she screamed. “W-what are you doing here?”

Mari had a crush on Jinki ever since her friend introduced him to her. They’ve already met a few times before but they only went as far as a handshake. Therefore seeing him lay beside her- on her bed- is just too much for her heart to handle.

Jinki groaned before opening his eyes. The light from the window hurts his eyes and he had to blink a few times before he managed to focus his attention to the freaking out girl. He realized he only managed to sleep for about an hour before she started screaming and woke him up. Head aching and terribly annoyed, Jinki only had one goal in mind and that is to shut her up.

He pulled her back into a lying position beside him and covered with the palm of his hand. “Let me sleep some more will you?” he said before closing his eyes on his first attempt to go back to sleep. She didn’t make it possible though. She shoved his hand away from before starting her rant.

“What are you doing here? Why are you on my bed? And oh my god, why is my shirt ed? What have you done to me??”

Jinki couldn’t take it anymore so he pushed the girl, hands gripping her arms, securing them on top of her head and hissed, “SHUT.THE..UP.OR.I’LL.KISS.YOU.”

Jinki’s gaze was unnerving and it made her feel so many different things all at once. She lay there unmoving and anticipating what was about to happen.

Jinki wanted to let her know how much of a tease she was and how much hell he had been through the entire night. So even if she already stopped her rant, Jink kissed her senseless because he will be damned if he didn’t.

-*-

A/N: Can someone please make a sequel of this? I can’t write :D