Unfriendly Neighbor He Is

The Tom Next Door

It’s  Sunday . Everyone is enjoying the sunny afternoon . A truck howls as it enter the village. The couple inside the truck is talking about the payments and the appliances that they need to buy for their newh house while  their petite daughter is busy observing the new environmentt hat she has to adapt to. As they pass by basketball court she saw a handsome guy dribbling the ball. She admired how the guys moothly escape from the two guys guarding him and make his way to the ring shoot the ball with a lay up.

 

“ So handsome”, she mumbled

 

“What did you say Pie?”, her Mom ask her

 

“Nothing mom. Are we there yet?”, she tried to change the topic. She doesn’t want her parents to know that she is fan girling already the fact that they just came here.

 

“We’re almost there Sweetheart. By the way, when do you plan to enroll in Changmai University?” Her dad ask.

 

They move to Bangkok so that Pie can enroll in Changmai .

 

 

 

After 10 minutes..

 

“Okay, please put that down here, yeah that’s it”

 

I think this place is cozy. The houses around here are big and beautiful. Especially the one beside us. I wonder if the people here are good too. I Hope I can have a lot of friends here.

 

“ Hey Honey, are you okay ? Can you lift that?” My dad approach me

 

“Yes dad. I can manage”, I smile to my dad to assure him.       

 

I brought the box inside our new house. It is a two storey house. There is room in the ground floor and two rooms in the second floor. It also has a backyard  which is perfect for barbeque parties. Yay! I Love Barbeque! I am a cowgirl. I eat anything. I’m not picky and vain unlike the other girls. I am easy to please. I’m very friendly too to the point that I sometimes being misunderstood by other people as a flirt. Well they don’t affect me because my mom always tell me to not waste time with people who would just try to step on me. And besides, I know myself more than they do.

 

I went to my room upstairs. I jump into my bed and lay comfortably. It’s been a very tiring day . Finally I can slee…

 

‘I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter’


 

My rest suddenly got interrupted by a loud rock music that almost broke my ears. I stand up and tried to find the main source of the freaking noise. I Iook at the window and saw that it is coming from the room from the big house beside ours and unfortunately, it is in front of my room. Argh!       

Who the hell would listen to that kind of music at this peaceful afternoon?!

I saw a guy sitting in the bed. I think he is the owner of the room.

“Hey  Mister! Mister!” I shout but I think he doesn’t hear me because of his loud music. I got a brilliant idea.

I took a piece of paper and write:

‘ Hi. I’m your new neighbor. Would you mind decreasing the volume of your radio? It’s too loud. Thanks’  and crumpled it.

I gain all my strength andthrow it to his window. He look back to his window so I hide quickly. It’s just awkward you know? I am hiding so I didn’t get the chance to see his face.

 

A moment later a crumpled paper fell in front of me. I opened it and sulk when I read it :

 

No way. If you can’t take my choice of music then cover your ears

 

P.S Stop hiding under the window, I can see you through your

mirror.

 

Argh! Damn . What a neighbor we have here!