Carer duties

Incapacitated lovers

                                                                     

 


 

For the first few days when Chunji got home, his parents wanted him to get settled in. Supposedly he was sleeping a lot because of his pain meds and there was still so much he needed help with that they didn’t want him to feel too ‘rushed’ or ‘pressured’ into getting used to everything all at once.

Hence, I had to wait. 

Again...

It was three days later, on a Thursday afternoon that I got to drop by, and I planned to stay as long as I could.

“Miss me…?” I say with an automatic smile, as I open his bedroom door and find Chanhee midway through a Lord of the Rings movie.

Whipping his head my way he grins back as he shuffles up further into a seated position. “I thought I heard your voice! Took you long enough-”

“I wanted to come sooner,” I say earnestly, and dumping my bag on the floor to come over and sit myself down on his study desk chair. ”But your parents thought you needed your rest.”

Aish…” he sighs lowly, and rolling his eyes in misery. “You know how dull it’s been these last few days?? I’ve resorted to watching movie marathons bro- movie marathons.”

I burst into chuckles and look over to catch a collection of LOTR dvd’s scattered all over his bed sheets, amongst a collection of other random action stuff.

“You wanna do something now then? Think of something and we’ll try have some fun-”

“Mmm… can I watch you play some station games?” he wonders, and glancing down to his tv cabinet right across from the foot of his bed.

“I think I can do that-“ I muse with a grin, and sweeping off the chair to start up some decent entertainment.

 

But it was about midway through our alien shoot off fest that Chunji grew steadily quieter, and I glanced over to see him pushing the blankets back with his legs and cast.

“You ok?” I query, pulling my eyes back to the screen as an alien suddenly jumps out of nowhere, attacking me with a row of lacerated teeth and venom.

Fudge-!

“Um… L.joe?” he questions quietly and sort of off his usual kilter-

“What man?”

*Bam Bam Bam-*

Crap- they were EVERYWHERE!

“Yeah, Chunji?” I nudge just a little distracted-

I was sooo gonna die…

“Can you- er… me?”

Halting mid shot I stare absentmindedly at the screen as my guy is instantly swarmed by a sea of creatures, ripping easily into him as Chunji’s words ring oddly inside my head.

Unbu-??

Slowly lowering the controller I turn back around to face him, noting the way he still isn’t quite looking me in the eyes;

“What...?”

Sighing he cringes just a little before closing his eyes in defeat-

“I need to pee.”

Ohhhh-

“Ah- right.” I mumble quickly, and standing up from the chair to awkwardly look about myself. “Um…”

He awkwardly frowns up at me and I make myself take a chilling breath as I realise his obvious discomfort right now-

I was the one who offered to help him out, and there was no way in hell this would be harder for me than it was for him-

“Come on-“ I say quietly, and waiting for him to stand up from the bed alongside me. Putting a helping hand under his arm as he goes, I lead the way to the bathroom.

Once there I only glance up for a second, still noting a rather fidgety, horrified look in his eyes before dropping down to is pants. “So…. jeans, huh?” I query with humour as I try and lighten the situation up just a bit. “Who picked your clothes this morning?”

“My mum…” he says, with a small smile tugging at his lips.

“And just howww, have you been peeing up till now with clothes like these??”

He turns his head to the side just a notch, embarrassment rippiening on his face as I hold back a laugh and I reach out instead to roughly his pants. “So in-practical man… jeez.”

Zipping down, I swallow the nervous lump now sitting in my throat- wondering just how on earth we’d come to this point in our friendship for Chanhee to be so trusting of me right now-

“Good…?” I say casually, and starting to idly pull his jeans down lower over his hips-

God, this felt so weird...

“Yep,” he says quickly, and giving me a small half pull of his mouth as I look back up to him.

Nodding, I leave him at that, easily ripping my hands away from his body and making my leave of the bathroom.

It wasn’t that bad- I figure to myself, as I pace around just outside the door.

Chanhee needed a friend right now.

He needed help...

And not from his parents.

Jeez, who’d wanna carry around that psychological damage for the rest of their adult life?? Huh??

So, I’d be that help he needed. 

At least until he was better again-

                                                                                                                   *****************

Night time soon came around and staying over for dinner I next had the funny moment of trying to help the other boy eat;

“Alright now bro,” I say cheerfully and picking up the fork to place in his left thumb and ring finger. “Let’s see what you’ve got-“

Cracking a wire smile, the teen awkwardly grips the metal in his two fingers, pinky hanging out at the side as a piece of chicken hangs precariously at the end.

Bringing it upwards he almost makes it to his mouth, before-

*Splat*

And the food rolls down his chest and into his lap.

“Ah…” he says in surprise.

Bursting into laughter, the guy grumbles half-heartedly back as I reach across and tug the utensil free from his grip.

“Alrighty then, let’s see how I go instead-“

Piercing a piece of potato I hold the fork up to his lips- before breaking into an instant smile as I meet his eyes;

God, could this get anymore weird-??

The 17 year old glimpses down at the food hovering mid-air before him- then pulling a humoured and almost embarrassed sort of expression he too bursts into laughter.

Losing it completely I drop the fork back away as we both break it into a fit of hysterics;

Ahh, come on Chanhee~~ you need to eat your vegetables!” I breathe, as another chuckle escapes my lips, causing the boy to reach out and smack his forearm against my shoulder.

“Yah- you’re loving this, aren’t you??”

“Just a little~”

Pouting, I smile back at the amusement written in the lad’s eyes, before pulling on a straight face and holding the food back out to him.

Dropping his gaze away he carefully bites down on the potato square before him, pulling it off the metal tongs as he chews it around his mouth.

Taking in his pause, I pick up my own fork in my opposite hand and eat some of my own food, now two hot steaming plates before me as we sit cross legged on his bed together.

This really was so strange….

Cutting a piece of chicken, I idly swirl it around his gravy before holding it back up to his face, catching the small smirk that’s continuing to tug at the guys lips-

“Ahh, I’m doing it wrong aren’t I?” I muse, as a sudden ideas pops into mind. “Sorry Chanhee, I’ll start again-”

Pulling the fork back I begin at the plate- “And here comes the aeroplane~~~” Zipping the fork around the air I bring it in to land by his face, much to the look of horrified humour now shining back at me.

“Oh, you little !” Smacking me again, I try to flinch away as we instantly start laughing once more.

“Oi-! Stop beating me up, you’re so mean!” I cry, and trying to resist the urge to wrestle the lads limbs away just in case I hurt him agan.

“Me?? Oh whatever-!“ he says with a big grin.

And thus we spent the next thirty odd minutes or so just trying to get through our food-

But in all fairness it wasn’t all fun and games' I mean, after this initial silliness we did finally give it up and I continued to pass him his food, whilst simultaneously chewing on my own, as the tv played dimly in the background.

And it was somewhere along the lines of carefully passing over his pee’s and carrots and constantly looking down at his lips to make sure I didn’t slosh it all over his face that a strange sort of sensation started to enter my body.

A feeling of something like compassion and care-? yet something I hadn’t really felt before, all at the same time-

I had never been so responsible for another person in my whole life, and yeah you all may just be thinking; “oh, helping someone with their zips and passing some food over isn’t such a big deal L.joe...”

But when you’d never even down this for another person before, and you could see how badly they needed the help despite not wanting to actually ask for it-

Well, it was really rather humbling and I found myself getting quieter and quieter as I fed him. Concentrating in on how much I cut and spending time on selecting the assortment of food in one bite that I’d normally do for myself so he wouldn’t get bored-

Watching as his eyes slowly reconnected with my own and a strange sort of atmosphere danced between us…

                                                                                                                    ******************

Having decided to sleep that night, I ended up pulling the sheets up over the guy as I fell down into the space beside him.

Yeah, we sorta shared a bed….

I know it was a little weird- but eh, we just couldn’t be bothered to get a whole new mattress out and make it up for like one night. I mean, come on!

Who has time for that -??

So yeah, after dinner; Chanhee had a shower- which he actually didn’t need help with;

Thankfully...

I asked him if he was fine or like if I should get his dad but he said he was managing it alone.

“Really?” I say in surprise and looking at him in wonder. “But how on earth do you, like- wash everywhere-?”

Yeah… trust me for the awkward personal questions-

“Ah, it’s all cool man. I work it out.” He assures rapidly, and bringing me in to the bathroom to show me these plastic protective coverings he’d been given for his heavy hands.

“The hospital gave me these for when I shower or get near a lot of water,” he explains and picking them up with his thumb and ring finger. “Could you slip them on for me?”

“Yeah, sure.” Reaching out I grab the strange plastic objects and awkwardly tried to pry them over his hands, careful not to prod too hard in case his pain came back.

“So, do you need to take any meds tonight before you sleep or anything?” I wonder, as I finish with his hands and pull away to see the strange way in which the elastic pings in at the wrist and morphs over his limbs like some giant see through glove.

Cool...

“Mm, nah it’s ok at the moment. So hopefully I won’t have to.” He says easily, and giving me a smile as he checks over his crinkling looking limbs. “Um… can you still help me until I get in though-?”

I look up to his now much shyer features and the way he attempts to brush the emotions away by the stiff straightness of his back as he looks across at me.

“Yeah…” I say quickly, hoping to get the whole word out before my voice gives away to the nerves now leaping around my stomach.

Ok…. he seemed to be able to get his underpants off ok by himself before, so-

I think to myself as I slowly step closer to him and awkwardly look over his body.

But now his three good fingers were all gone too…. Just how much am I meant to undress him-??

“Er…. Ok, let’s just hope your shirt doesn’t get stuck on your hands.” I say, going for a light attitude once more, as I grip the bottom of his warm t-shirt and avoid all eye contact.

Jesus… if only it wouldn’t feel so personal...

He lets out a small chuckle as I start to pull the fabric up and over his stomach, noting the way his muscles tense in as he breathes. “Yeah- it has before….”

Smiling, I get all the way up to his head before we start to have some issues, and tugging harder the boy has to sort of wiggle himself free as I try not to touch against his bare chest.

That'd just be too awkward-

Even for me.

Grinning; he finally pulls his head free to see me, hair coming away in a matted mess and sticking up in all odd ends as I work to slide his arms free.

“Oh man, just as well you’re not much taller than me!” I joke, and sending him a smile as I pull the material up and over his thick white cast.

Laughing, he watches as I drop the material to the floor, before looking back up to meet his gaze.

“Um… how many pants are we doing-?” I query, just a little embarrassed now and holding back all signs of a blush as the amusement still glows from his eyes.

“Er- just jeans.” He says instantly, and dropping his own eyes to the side, as he takes in the awkwardness of the situation.

“Ok…” lowering my fingers down to his hips, I quickly make work of his button and zip, hearing the noise echo into the empty space around us before slowly tugging the fabric down.

“You know, if you really don’t wanna do this- I completely get it,” he says quickly, and making me look up to catch that slight tinge colouring his cheeks.

“Nah, its fine man.” I reassure, and looking away before he can catch me looking. “What’s a bit of nudeness between friends, ai~??”

He snorts above me, and I swiftly pull the material down to his ankles, waiting for him to step out of it before pushing them aside.

Looking back up I try not to take in the black underwear he’s wearing and instead stare straight into his eyes;

I really didn't need to see ALL of him-

And especially not there-

“Mm, is there anything else you need- or like, should I wait here-?”

He quickly shakes his head, and tries to disperse the awkward smile now tugging at his lips, “Nah, thanks- I’m good.”

“What about the tap?” looking around I glance over to the shower handles, the one you had to turn individually to mix the waters together.

“Ahh…. yeah, I forgot about that.” He mumbles, and making me laugh as I walk around him and start to adjust the water.

“Mmm… how does this feel?” I ask, and pulling my hand out of the spray as he dips his own underneath.

“Hotter?” He says with a tentative smile.

Adjusting it again I carefully stand out of the line of spray as his bare chest just seems to blare right out in front of me.

Just don’t look at him-!

“How about now?”

“Just a little hotter...“

I look up and see the slight smirk of a smile he was now attempting to hide, as a small pout forms on my lips.

Wait a second-

“Now?” I say, and watching as the steam began to surround us, settling in a sticky heat across my bare arms as the mirror starts to fog up.

“Too hot.“

“Arghh!” I reach across and jab at his chest, making him instantly burst into evil laughter as I catch onto his little trick. “Right, I don’t even care if you burn now, that’ll be all your fault-!“

Grinning he drops the pretences from his expression as I smile back at him and go to make my leave;

“Thanks, man….”

“You sure you don’t need any help-?” I ask, halting with his unecessary words and watching as he steps just a little closer to the shower cubicle, waiting for me to leave before undressing further.

“Mm,” he hums casually, before another smirk tugs his face, “Unless you wanna adjust the water for me again~?”

“Urghh- I’m off!” chuckling I quickly shut the door behind me and head back into his room.

Little head...

                                                                                                                        *********************

The next strange hurdle was brushing his teeth.

Yep… I even did that. Now before you all scream ‘ewww the saliva!’ or whatever else you’re gonna say, I’ll tell you now that he didn’t actually spit on me.

Well... much.

So, we ended up in the bathroom quite late that night. Having watched some random movie on T.V with these odd twisted scientist people, only then  to realise we hadn’t brushed our teeth yet until we were almost getting into bed.

It took me a moment to kind of realise he needed to brush his too in fact, for we were sorta just talking and entered the bathroom like we always did. I’d let out a yawn and started to pull my own brush forward to cover with toothpaste when I'd noticed he was just standing there. Watching his own reflection.

Ohh… right.

“Ah- Chanhee, I’ll do yours when I finish mine…” I mumble incoherently, and trying to hold in all the frothy minty bubbles in my mouth.

He gives me a vague look, obviously not having heard what I just said.

Holding a finger up for a moment I continue on brushing until it was ready to spit and rinse, before looking back up to him;

“I said, 'I’ll do yours after mine.”

“Oh-“ he replies, and waiting for me to give another quick brush with fresh water. “You know, if it’s too gross you don’t have to-“ he offers, and just looking idly around as he waits for me to finish.

“Eww… but then you’ll have bad breath-!“ I tease lightly, and earning another light shove.

Stashing my own green brush away I grab his blue one and press some paste on, before turning around to face him- instantly reminded of our previous feeding fiasco.

And the amused smile that tugs onto his features tells me he's had the exact same thought-

“Open up-“ I instruct with a grin, before manoeuvring the object into his mouth.

Now I can tell you now- it’s not as easy as it looks!

The mouth is an awkwardly shaped place, and the jaw just doesn’t always mould open how you'd want it too- particularly with the tongue in the way!

The teen sniffs idly, and dutifully looks across at me, trying to maintain his mouth open as I haltingly brush over his teeth.

Maybe this would work better if I changed the brush position-?

Twisting it around inside his mouth he momentarily snaps his lips closed and makes a gagging noise before me-

“Ah, my bad!” I cry in surprise as he starts coughing, and pulling away I quickly slide the tool out of his mouth.

“Sorry man,” I say as he spits the foam into the sink and looks up with a grin;

“Aish…. your tryna kill me, aren’t you??”

Chuckling, I don’t bother answering his question and wait for him to re-open his mouth again for me to continue brushing- this time just a bit more careful.

Letting out another yawn, I step closer as I drop my free hand down to his shoulder, peering down to his lips once more, as foam begins dripping down the head of the brush and onto my fingers.

“You’re spitting on me bro,” I mumble light-heartedly, as a crooked smile quirks one side of his mouth and more foams push down to form a white beard on his chin.

Waiting till I think he’s all good, I let him spit and rinse before stashing his own brush away and we make our way into his bedroom where I end up needing to tuck him in myself; waiting on the bed beside him untill he’s laid down before pulling the covers up and over his torso.

 

And yeah, that was pretty much how my role as Chanhee's carer began.

Just Chanhee and I- against those two monstrously awkward casts.

I'm sure we could do it-!