Twelve

Serendipity

: Twelve :

[ Day 5 ]

 

Chorong tosses in her sleep as her arms flies over hitting something making her open her eyes. She opens them one at a time and sees a sleeping Junmyeon beside her. On the verge of screaming she covers with her hand and muffle a small scream instead.


Thankfully they were both still fully clothed, so that means nothing drastic happened between them. Chorong tries to recall her memory from last night, remembering that they had went out, had a few to drink, maybe a lot to drink. It all comes in bits and pieces until it all went blank. What was that blank memory from last night? Surely it was nothing. She slowly gets up from the bed, making sure not to wake up Junmyeon and heads back into her room. She stood against the door as she looks out of the veranda and out towards the ocean. Which got her to remember another piece of last night, remembering something about the beach.


"Aish," Chorong groans in frustration. "What happened last night anyways," she murmurs to herself.
"Wait how did we get back to the hotel?" She scratch her head as she contemplates. "Argh too much thinking, my head hurts."


Junmyeon stretches his arm as he sat up from his bed. His eyes wander around as he got up and walks into the bathroom.


"Did something happen last night?" He watch himself in the mirror, still wearing the same outfit from last night. His shirt smelling like alcohol as he quickly it along with his trouser and heads into the shower.


The water from the shower hits his face as he suddenly remembers a piece of his memory from last night.


"The beach? What..." he sighs. "The beach," he repeats again trying to figure out why it would relate to last night.


Junmyeon heads out of the bathroom wearing a bathrobe, Chorong's door was left open so he peeked inside, she wasn't in there. He sat at the edge of the bed contemplating. As he continues to contemplate his phone rings from his night stand. It was Kyungsoo calling.
"Hello."


"Hyung why is Namjoo in your penthouse?"


Namjoo? "Why is she -" he stops as he paced around the room.


"Uh, Junmyeon hyung, sir," Kyungsoo says through the phone.


"Sorry, I, I uh," he clears his throat. "I told Namjoo she could stay at my place for now."


"Ah, alright."


"Is that all?"


"Yes, and your American trip is all booked for your return."


"Alright thanks Kyungsoo."
 
Junmyeon heads down to the lobby and towards the hotel cafeteria. He set himself up with a tuna sandwich on whole wheat and a salad as a side. He sat near the window where it overlooks the hotel pool area. The bright blue chlorine pool water sparkling like jewels. The night sky darkening itself as the stars twinkle above, the wind howling, the ocean rustling up shore, laughs so effective that it could transcend...Junmyeon snapped back into reality as he began to remember slightly of last night.
"We headed towards the beach, bought some beers, laughed," he groans in frustration as he slams his hand against the table. "Why can't I remember the rest?"


His footsteps were lighter after his lunch but his head was still in agony, agony of not remembering what happened last night.


"Mister Kim," says the concierge. He walks up to Junmyeon as he hands him a set of keys.


Junmyeon looked puzzle as he took the keys.


"Your car sir, we had it picked up this morning," the concierge told him as Junmyeon nods approvingly.


"Thank you."


The concierge bow in return and walks away.


"Wait," Junmyeon said. The concierge turn back to face him, his hands neatly folds together across his stomach. "Where was my car exactly?" He tried not to sound too desperate.


"At the top of Skylight point, sir."


"Ah, right, yes, of course. Thank you."


The concierge bow again as he walks away, leaving Junmyeon even more fluster about last night. He thought that the beach was the only place they went, but now a new destination just popped in out of nowhere. His hazy memory isn't working too well, if he ask Chorong she may as well not remember anything too. If the beach was the first destination last night, then what happened on top of Skylight point. And how did they both get back to the hotel. Everything from last night was taking a toll on him and he was getting irritated because he cannot remember anything. 


"Junmyeon," she said as she walks up from behind him. Chorong was staring at him as he stood there for once the one looking like a helpless lamb. "Are you alright?"


"I'm fine." He shrugs. "I'm fine." He reassure himself. Though really he wasn't fine, he needed to know what happened last night. "And um," he clears his throat. "You are wondering around for what purpose?"

"I ran into Mr. and Mrs. Shim. Seems like I am always running into them these past few days and they both offer to take us to dinner tonight. 7 o’clock."


"Where to?"


"They offer to drive us, so we'll be carpooling with them."

Junmyeon looks away from Chorong, his mind wandering back to last night, wanting to ask her what she remembers.

“See you later.”

She waves to him walking past him and towards the hotel entrance. Junmyeon stuck his hands in his pant pockets as he watch her leave. Still pondering about last night. He turns around and heads to the elevator.

Sitting down on the recliner he pushes his head back staring at the ceiling.
“What did we do at Skylight Point?” He thought to himself.
Junmyeon closes his eyes letting out a long deep exhale.

She return to the beach walking along the shoreline bare feet. Soaking her feet in the cool ocean water didn't help with anything. The rough waves rolls onto the beach crashing onto the sand.

“Oh my god,” Chorong exclaims. “Waves,” she close her eyes as she tries to picture last night “Starry night, cool too. A splash or something happened. Oh, hilltop, wait there's another destination?” Chorong reopen her eyes. “I can't think of anything else. How much did we drink last night anyways?”
Frustrated she kicks the water as she walks back up the beach feeling defeated.

Junmyeon and Chorong - 0
Alcohol - 1

Taking a stroll along the sidewalk Chorong contemplates all the decisions she has done thus far. She hasn't even gotten the courage to tell Junmyeon about her store and not to close it down. She stops in her tracks as she faces to the side, staring back at the blue ocean.
She sighs heavily.
“It's alright, I will eventually remember it one day.”
Chorong took one last look at the ocean turning around as she strolls around the area.

…………………………………….

“You seriously don't have anything bothering you?” she gasp as she takes a drink of her beer.
“Nothing bothers me. Why would you hold onto something small and pointless?”
“You are human. You have to have insecurities you aren't happy about. I'll tell you mine.” She smiles as she reaches out her hand to him. “Come. Let's go shout it out.”
“You're leading in your current state?”
She nods with a smile, intertwining her hand with his.
“You'll feel much lighter without all the negatives hovering over you.”
She titter forward keeping her balance with him beside her. His hands gripping onto her arms.
She blinks at him, tilting her head sideways as she leans her face closer to him.
He gulps, watching how close she's getting. Her round doe eyes, petite nose, round cheeks, and pink lips. 

……………………………………

The door slams shut making Junmyeon awaken from his sleep. He looks around the hotel, still sitting on the recliner as he sees Chorong at the door.

“Sorry I didn't know you were sleeping.” Chorong bows as she scurry into her room.

He stood up from the recliner, stretching his arms and slightly remembering his dream.
“Was all of that a dream? It didn't actually happen did it?” He thought, walking out onto the balcony.

His eyes avert towards the ocean thinking about last night, about his dream if it actually was a dream or if it really did happen and that it was a way of remembering. He stood out on the balcony for another few minutes before heading back inside.

The door to Chorong’s room was close shut, he walks over standing in front of it as he contemplates whether to knock or not. He raises his hand right as his phone rings.
Backing away from Chorong’s door as he takes his phone and heads back out to the balcony.

“Hello,” he breathes softly, gripping the rail of the balcony with his free hand.


Chorong sees Junmyeon on the balcony, he seems busy as he has his phone with him. Quietly leaves the room walking leisurely towards the elevator. There was still four more hours left until dinner. Four hours before playing as engaged couples again and two days left until the end of her vacation. The pool looked empty today, less couples today so Chorong took the opportunity to leisure around the pool freely. She sat down at the edge of the pool dipping her feet into the pool water.
“It feels so nice for once,” she murmurs, kicking her feet as water splash around.

“Hey.”

Chorong turns around shielding her eyes with her hand as she looks up at the figure.

“Mind if I join you?”

She sighs as she gets up. “Enjoy yourself.”

“Chorong wait,” he says. Following behind her as he grab her wrist. “About the other day.”

“What more do you want? You and I are over, you clearly ended it and I, we consented to it. What else is there?”

“I know I ended us but seeing you again, with him…”

Chorong gasp as she pulls her hand free. Eyebrows scrunching as she cross her arms over her chest.

“Him. I'm sorry but you don't have a say in my personal life especially my love life. You had your chance.”

“I'm not gonna let you go again. I promise you that. Those years in France made me miss you terribly, made me reflect on how idiotic I was. You were and still is the greatest thing that happened in my life.” Woohyun reached out for Chorong’s hand as he took it into his. “I'm not going to lose you again. Ever.”

Chorong removed her hand as she steps away from Woohyun. Her heart beating uncontrollably fast.

“There you are,” Junmyeon says as he walks up from behind.

Chorong turns around as she sees Junmyeon. She holds her breath as she clutches her hands together, sprinting out of the pool area and back inside the hotel and right into the elevator. Slouching in the corner as tears begin to form.
Does Woohyun still love me? What about Junmyeon? Wait what about him? I don't love him, do I?” Chorong thought as the elevator stops on a random floor. She closes the door as she press the button for her floor.

She heads into the hotel room as she goes straight into her room and locking the door. Her heart was still beating, her legs and hands shaking from the thought of Woohyun and possibly Junmyeon as well.
Her former fiance and well Junmyeon who randomly just happened. For the past few days with Junmyeon felt confusing but also comforting and warm, something Chorong hasn’t had in a long time.

“What's wrong with her? Did something happen?” Junmyeon looks over at Woohyun as he shrugs his shoulder.

Woohyun brush pass Junmyeon heading back into the hotel. Junmyeon watches Woohyun from behind, the tension that had happened. His heart was racing and somehow he felt a bit jealous, but why would he be jealous of Woohyun. Woohyun and Chorong didn’t know each other, they only have met unless something happened during the time they met.
Junmyeon furrow his eyebrows as he sat down on the lounger.
Now that his task on getting Mr. Shim is over maybe he could give himself another task to make him busy for the remainder of the days he has left. With that he grinned to himself, thinking of ways to get to know Chorong even more and possibly find out what happened last night.
He stood up from the lounger as he head back into his hotel room since it was almost time to meet up with Mr. and Mrs. Shim.

The door to Chorong's room was still closed, Junmyeon pace over readying himself to knock but backs away at the last moment.

He sighs, staring at himself in the mirror as he fix his tie. The door to Chorong’s room opens up as she steps out in the ivory dress, he gulps as he watches her walking over to him.

“Well,” she grins widely to him. Turning around in the dress to let him have every view as much as possible.

“Beautiful.” He shrugs turning around to face her, placing his hands into his pant pockets as he walks up to her “I say tonight's dinner will be very alluring.”

Chorong smiles as she links her arm with his, “Then we should get going, don't want Mr. and Mrs. Shim waiting up.” She held his arm in hers as they walk out the hotel door and into the elevator descending down to the lobby.
The reflection of them in the mirror made her feel weird, their arms linked together and how close they were. As if they were an actual couple that had been together for many years. She softly sighs, looking down at the ground.

“What's the matter?” Junmyeon turns his head around to look at her, his hand gently caressing her arm. “Don't worry about tonight. It is just like every night we had dinner with them.”

Chorong nods her head, she lifts her head back up and faintly smiles to him.

The elevator door opens up and they both exited it, heading into Marigold Hall where they will have dinner with the elderly couple once again. Junmyeon and Mr. Shim greeted each other as Chorong gave a warm hug to Mrs. Shim. They sat down across from them and waited on their dinner to be served.

“My dear, Chorong, tell me what your wedding will be like? The mister and I have to attend, we also have come up with a wedding gift for the both of you.” Mrs. Shim beams a warm smile.

“You two don't have to gift us anything,” Junmyeon interrupts, drinking his wine as he looks over at them. “It is not really necessary.”

“Of course it is necessary.” Mrs. Shim shakes her head, placing her fork and knife down from cutting her filet mignon. “We have decided to gift you both, an estate.”

Chorong widens her eyes, swallowing her meat roughly. “An estate,” she mumbles taking her glass of wine and drinking it.

“An estate? No really you two don't have to. Really it isn't necessary.” Junmyeon shook his head, drinking down the rest of his wine. Thinking that maybe his plan has went too far.

“Yes, yes. Think of it like a summer home when you have children of your own. You can visit it any time and be a happy family.”

Chorong place her glass down onto the table, glancing over at Junmyeon who is reserving more wine for himself. She glance back at Mr. Shim and Mrs. Shim, smiling faintly to them. 
“Well then, we will happily use your gift and live a happy life.”

“And raising your children and grandchildren. That's the joy of finding the special someone in your life.” She looks over at Mr. Shim with a smile. “Knowing that he will always be around to give you his love, even when he is busy with work. That's the most beautiful part.”

After dinner, Mr and Mrs. Shim went back up to their room and Junmyeon and Chorong walked around the hotel, ending up in the hotel bar as the bartender greeted them.
“It's a pleasure seeing you two again.” He smiles and passes two glasses of drink to them. “I say you two are one of the couples I enjoy seeing the most.”

Chorong took her glass into her hand and drank it up, looking at the bartender confuse. “Why do you say that?”

“You two are genuine and not cringing to watch. Now I have to go back and tend to others. Enjoy yourselves.” He winks to them and walks away.

Junmyeon chuckles softly drinking his and turning over to Chorong. “I guess we make can fool anyone into thinking we are a couple.”

“To us then,” Chorong held her glass in her hand and gently clink with his. She took a strong drink and looks back at him. “I have something to ask of you.”

Junmyeon nods and drinks his as well. “I'm listening so go say whatever you want to say.”

“Why do you buy out other small companies?”

He looks up at her, not sure where this came out from. “Smaller companies don't really have much profit and when I do buy them, they have more value to the society and the economy.”

“But you're taking away the dreams of the people. The hard work from those small no name companies and changing their values into yours.”

He stares at her for some time, leaning in closer to her. “What do you want me to do differently?”

She gulps at his sudden closeness, taking her glass in hand and taking a sip. “Have a chat with the owners before you buy it, instead of evicting them out.”

Many hours later and many drinks later, Junmyeon and Chorong walks back up to their room. Legs wobbling over to to the side as he slides his key card in and opens the door.

“My lady,” he slurs his word letting Chorong walk in first as he walks in behind her and closing the door. He took off his jacket with much difficulty and slips out of his shoes. Laying down onto his bed, reaching his hand out to grab onto Chorong’s and pulling her onto the bed wit him.
“Stay here with me,” he gulps, leaning his head onto her.

Chorong fidgets in his arm as she nods slowly. “But this dress,” she mumbles getting up from the bed and slowly s the the zipper. Letting the dress fall down to her ankle as she slips out of it. “Better.” She hops back onto the bed, lying her head onto his arm.

Junmyeon sleepily looks at her, he bit his bottom lip at the sudden lack of clothes. He grip his hand onto his pants, feeling a sudden rise of his heart beat. He sits up from the bed and ed his dress shirt, letting it fall on the floor. He took off his belt and his trouser as well, hovering above Chorong as he looks down at her. Her eyes bright eyes looking back at him as he leans down and kisses her lips. Her hands roaming over his neck as he gently grind against her, pulling down her below her hips. He aligns himself into her core and s inside of her as she let out a soft whimper, clawing his back with her fingers.

 

.................................................................

author's note

hey long time no see. I am back with this fan fic and hopefully ready to give you more to read. Anyways I am back and sometimes I do still have writers block but I will over come them and finish this story.