Life Support

TaeJin One Shots and Drabbles

Rating: G

Word Count: 677

Summary:

As happy as everyone thinks Tae Hyung is every now and then he thinks of things that makes it hard for him to get out of bed.


 

The door creaks and lets the light from the outside leak into the dimly lit bedroom Tae Hyung currently lies in. Bundled up in blankets despite the fact that it's already summer time and he could potentially suffocate from the lack of oxygen he's letting in for himself to breathe. 

Seok Jin makes his way to Tae Hyung's bed, slowly and carefully in an attempt to keep him from being too surprised when he lifts the covers off of the area he assumes is Tae Hyung's head. 

"Hey, are you hungry?" he asks in a whispered tone. This happens to Tae Hyung sometimes, but it doesn't make him and any of the other members less worried when it does. 

He gets a shake in response that Seok Jin assumes to be a no and whispers an okay before making his way down the ladder of his bunk bed only to climb up it again. 

"You sure?" Seok Jin asks lifting the corner of blanket he had already gotten loose to peek at the top of the other's head. 

"I'm not hungry." Tae Hyung murmurs "Maybe later."

This time Seok Jin stays, but lays his head on Tae Hyung's bed staring at him or at least the bundle of blankets that currently was Tae Hyung. 

"Are you still here?" Tae Hyung asks blindly, a part of him hoping that the other was.

"Mhm." is what he gets in reply.

Tae Hyung moves part of the blanket around him revealing his sweat covered face. 

"It's hot in there right?" Seok Jin says with an affectionate smile as he reaches over and swipes at the hair sticking to the others forehead. He doesn't get a reply really just a sigh that really could mean anything. "Do you want to talk about it?" Again nothing. "Mm, alright. You can talk to me though when you feel like it. Just... you know holler." He descends again but stops when Tae Hyung reaches out grasping his wrist. 

"Can you just stay. For a little while longer...I don't want to talk about it yet but... can you just stay?" Tae Hyung shifts slightly making enough room for Seok Jin to lie down, or sit, whatever he wants to do. 

Seok Jin climbs up for the third time and decides to lie on his back beside the other. For a while he stares at the ceiling, every now and then glancing over at Tae Hyung who has his eyes closed. Sleeping? Maybe. He reaches over and tugs at the blanket around his head again letting his damp hair dry out even if it's just a little. 

"Hyung...Sorry." Tae Hyung finally says getting Seok Jin's attention.

"It's okay we all have those days. Don't worry about it." 

It's comforting, in a way, though internally his stomach still turns to think he's burdening the others. 

"Seriously, don't worry about it. We don't care. We just want you to feel better." Seok Jin turns to his side so he's facing Tae Hyung and places his hand on the younger's cheek. 

Tae Hyung leans in in response and presses his face against Seok Jin's chest. He wants to cry but he doesn't know why. He hates crying especially for no reason, but he feels safe enough knowing he won't be judged too harshly if Seok Jin hears his stiffled sobs.

Seok Jin says nothing for a minute and wraps an arm around the other resting his cheek on Tae Hyung's head as well while he reassures him again that it's okay. 

Tae Hyung isn't sure what he would do without Seok Jin. If he'd be able to let out the pent up emotions he holds in in favor of pretending to be happy all the time, but he doesn't want to think about it. He's just glad that Seok Jin's there to occasionally pester him when he doesn't look well and there to listen when he needs to talk to someone about his problems. He's just relieved. Relieved knowing that someone like Seok Jin is in his life.