Hug Me Once

TaeJin One Shots and Drabbles

Rating: G

Word Count: 871

Summary:

Seok Jin is frustrating, Tae Hyung thinks as the older boy slips out from his grasp.  Yet, that doesn't seem to stop him at all from continuously reaching out to him anyway. Which is also frustrating. Requested by owpaal


 

Sometimes Tae Hyung likes to be annoying. That's the conclusion Seok Jin makes as he tries to make his way from one side of their dorm to the other Tae Hyung clinging to him all the while making his minute long walk longer than it really has to be.

"What are you trying to accomplish from this Tae?" Seok Jin asks as he tries to loosen the iron grip the younger male has around his stomach. He hears muffled sounds that he presumes to be words being mumbled against his back but he can't exactly understand what's being said to him because they're just that mumbles against his back. "I can't understand what you're saying. Talk to me properly." 

"I said...watch a movie with me and I'll let go of you." Tae Hyung says as his grip tightens. They've been given a day off and Tae Hyung wants to do something with his hyung considering he can hardly remember when it was he had last spent any alone time with the other.

Seok Jin contemplates the idea, but he's not really in the mood right now mostly because he actually promised his mother he'd call her in less than a half hour which would have been inconvenient if he were to have agreed. So in the end he declines and once again tries to get Tae Hyung to let go with no avail.

"We can watch something you like! I don't really care I just want to hang out. It's been a while right?" At this point Tae Hyung sounds a bit desperate which pulls at his heartstrings enough that Seok Jin's actually about to say yes when Jung Kook comes running towards him taking his hand and tugging at it in a panicky way.

"Hyung! Kitchen. Pan. Fire." the maknae gasps out as he continues to tug, eventually pulling the older boy away from the boy who had had Seok Jin in his hold. 

Tae Hyung stands for a second mouth agape at how easily Seok Jin had slipped from his grasp but follows eventually in the direction the two had run off to to make sure things are alright. It's a scene he had expected when he had spotted them the younger being reprimended for being so thoughtless and then forgiven with a warning to be more responsible. It wasn't a very big fire after all which was why they hadn't noticed it till Jung Kook had come by. It's how the scene before him continues to unfold that bothers him a little. It's not something he should be jealous about. He himself thinking it's crazy, but as Tae Hyung watches Seok Jin pat Jung Kook on the head as if they were the only ones in the room he can feel his heart tighten. Seok Jin is frustrating he thinks before turning away and towards their bedroom.

An hour passes by and Tae Hyung lays on his stomach staring at the laptop screen in front of him. It's hard to focus on what he's watching with other thoughts running in his head, but his volume is loud enough through his headphones that at least he can't hear anyone who might want to disturb him that is until one of his earbuds are pulled from his ear slowly and he hears the all too familiar voice of Seok Jin whispering his name. He jumps surprised by the sudden warm air in his ear and it takes all he can not to decide to roll off of his bed out of embarrassment because he knows his face is too warm for it not to be red and unnoticeable to the other.

"What is it?" he mutters keeping his gaze away from Seok Jin's.

"Are you already watching the movie?" Seok Jin asks leaning in to look at the screen. He's done with his phone call and he had thought to ask if Tae Hyung was still maybe interested in watching a movie together, but it looked as if he had ended up giving up on him to his dismay. 

Tae Hyung nods without speaking as he awkwardly stares at the screen in front of him though he's not really watching to be completely honest.

"Ah, I see. I was going to see if your offer was still open but I guess...maybe next time." he smiles before descending the bunk bed ladder.

"Yeah next time." Tae Hyung replies as he watches the other make his way out of the room from the corner of his eye. He's determined, he thinks to let the other feel bad even just a little. Have him wait for him this time, but as the door clicks shut behind Seok Jin Tae Hyung lets out a heavy sigh before jumping off his bed and towards the bedroom door. Swinging it open only to have himself crash into the person he had run after. Instinctively he wraps his arms around the other and mutters into the others shirt. "Let's watch a movie." and to his surprise the other returns his hug because for once Seok Jin  isn't facing away from him and maybe he thinks Seok Jin isn't as frustrating as he had initially thought.