If My Heart Was A House

TaeJin One Shots and Drabbles

Rating: G

Word Count: 743

Summary: A day in the life of Seok Jin and Tae Hyung's married life. Requested by Fanyeon.

 

 

 

"What do you want for dinner?" Seok Jin asks as he presses his cellphone against his ear with one hand and tries to replace all of the boxes of sugary cereal and junk food being put into his cart by his two children onto their designated shelves with the other.  

"Surprise me." is the reply he gets to the question and he sighs before switching his phone from his left ear to his right. 

"Could you be any more unhelpful Tae Hyung?" Seok Jin asks as he makes his way to the produce section of the grocery store despite still having no clue of what he even needed in the area.

"I could have not answered at all and have left you hanging." Tae Hyung replies with a mischievous smile that the other can't see and stacks completed reports before placing them into folders. "So, you know at least I didn't do that."

Seok Jin sighs again but much louder so the other can hear and it's the one sign to Tae Hyung that Seok Jin isn't in the mood for his jokes.

"Alright, how about Japchae. I'm sure the kids will like that too. Now don't be mad at me okay?" Tae Hyung says, his attention now fully on the phone call. "Hey. Something wrong? How was your day"

Seok Jin pinches the bridge of his nose. He feels apologetic to his husband, the unfortunate target of annoyance he'd been building up inside of him all day, but he says nothing that indicates that he plans on saying he's sorry which is another thing he'll probably feel apologetic about later.

"It's nothing. It's just..." he lets out another sigh.

"It's just..." Tae Hyung parrots as he waits for what the other is trying to say.

"I can't tell you." Seok Jin says sliding a hand over his face. 

"Hey, why not! We're not supposed to keep secrets from each other there's a rule about that you know." Tae Hyung exclaims loud enough that he actually catches the attention of people walking by his cubicle. He ignores them though, like always because it's not like it's the first time he's loud in the office.

The older of the two is amused though at the tone and the words being directed at him and it actually almost makes him forget about how he was feeling only a minute ago. "What rules huh?" he says as he leans forward onto his cart. His hand quickly stopping yet another item from finding its way in with his groceries. No. He mouths and motions for his eldest child to turn around and put the box away.

"The rule. The one that's on the document we signed when we got married." Tae Hyung replies as he places his elbows on his desk chin in the palm of his free hand.

"There's no such thing." Seok Jin replies but he smiles anyway as he begins his shopping once again.

"There is. It's in fine print I swear. Don't look for it." 

Seok Jin tsks "Alright, alright, I won't look. I'll trust you."

"Good, so you'll tell me what's wrong when I get home right? Because you trust me." Tae Hyung's voice comes out a low whisper. Just enough for the other to hear. His voice is full of genuine concern, but then again who wouldn't be towards the person you love. 

"Okay. It's not a big deal though. I'm just...I don't know." he lets out a sigh and runs his hand in his hair.

"I don't mind if it's not a big deal you can tell me anyway. When I get home."  

"Which is when exactly?" Seok Jin asks as he finally begins to choose the necessary ingredients for his dish. 

"I'll be home by six." 

"Alright... we can talk again when you get home. Now get back to work."

"Okay okay I'll see you soon...I love you." Tae Hyung says with an added kissing noise that even makes Seok Jin cringe, but in a good way he guesses.

"I love you too." Seok Jin replies before hanging up and placing his phone into his back pocket. 

His children approach his cart one more time hands behind their backs and he sighs "Fine, you can have one thing each but make sure you hide it from your dad because he's supposed to be on a diet." he says as they finally toss their treats into the cart. 

 


 

Author's Note: Ah sorry I've been away for a bit. School and all that have been hectic with the semester nearing its end, but as an apology I'm posting two stories today! Thanks again to all of you who have subscribed it seriously means a lot. *^* <33