Eye Contact

TaeJin One Shots and Drabbles

Rating: G

Word Count: 718

Summary:

Tae Hyung believes that if he holds eye contact with Seok Jin for long enough he'll finally return his feelings for him. 


 

"Hyung, look at me. Look at me. Hyung look at me!"

"What is it Tae Hyung?!"

"I just want you to look at me."

It's a silly way to go by it. The thought that it'd actually be possible for Seok Jin to fall in love with him in a mere two minutes, minimum mind you, of eye contact. He has nothing to lose though so despite how he doesn't actually completely believe that this will work he tries to get his hyung to look him in the eyes. Something he hadn't realized was much more difficult than previously assumed.

"Why do you need me to look at you Tae?" Seok Jin asks eyes on the book in front of him. It's important to ask when Tae Hyung asks you to look at something because more often than not it's nothing very important and he just wants attention. 

"It's important. I swear." Tae Hyung says hand gripping the book in the elder's hands and pushing it out of his view. "I just..." he leans in to Seok Jin's personal space making him very visibly uncomfortable. "Look into my eyes." 

"What in the world are you doing? Trying to hypnotise me or something?" Seok Jin asks letting himself get engulfed by the sofa as he leans further and further into it in an attempt to keep as much space between them as possible. 

"Yes." Tae Hyung replies since it's not really too far from the truth. 

"You're wasting your time Tae Hyung it's not going to work." Seok Jin replies turning his head away just for the other to grab him with both hands.

"Just. Two minutes hyung please." he pleads and Seok Jin sighs if only because he knows he'll never hear the end of it if he doesn't let the younger boy do as he pleases.

"Fine. Fine. I'm timing this though. Two minutes and then I can get back to what I was doing cool?"

Tae Hyung nods in agreement and Seok Jin puts a timer on his phone begrudgingly and gives Tae Hyung two minutes of his time.

They decide to do this at the table and they sit opposite one another. Tae Hyung is so serious that Seok Jin is actually amused now and almost wishes Tae Hyung's little trick works in his favor. 

"Alright. Ready?"

"Yup, and your two minutes starts..now."

"Don't look away from me hyung or it won't work!" Tae Hyung says eyes focused on the other.

"Yeah, yeah don't worry."

"How long has it been?"

"How am I supposed to know when you told me not to take my eyes off of you?"

 "Right. Good I was...testing you."

"Okay."

"My eyes are drying out."

"How are we supposed to keep our eyes open for two minutes?"

"I don't know I skimmed the article."

"Tae Hyung!"

The sound of a door slamming shut and footsteps approaching them is heard just as the familiar voice of Yoon Gi and Nam Joon reach the twos ears.

"What are you two doing?" Nam Joon asks and it's the last straw that gets Seok Jin to turn away and begin to rub at his eyes. 

"Staring contest?" Yoon Gi asks just before the alarm goes off.

"Nooo so close!" Tae Hyung says in an exasperated tone. "Really bad timing."

"He was trying to hypnotise me?" Seok Jin states and it's so very much like Kim Tae Hyung to want to do that that the two other boys merely shrug it off and make their way to their bedroom.

Seok Jin stands and ruffles Tae Hyung's hair. "Maybe next time. Just practice more." he says as he turns to get his book and heads towards the bedroom himself.

It's barely audible but he hears Tae Hyung grumble something about going back to the drawing board just as he shuts the bedroom door behind him. Seok Jin climbs up to his bunk carefully and sees Tae Hyung's laptop open and out of curiousity leans in to see what this article the other had skimmed over really was. The Power of Eye Contact - Make Someone Fall In Love With You.  He puts the laptop back the screen slightly bent the way it had been before he touched it and smiles before going back to his book.