Miracle Pt. 1

Ouroboros' Forbidden Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Marking its way through the piled frost on the road, blood on her bare hands tainted the white scenery. Despite the numbing cold, sweat trailed through her pale face. Her heavy breaths getting louder caused by rushed steps. Anxiety filled her mind, someone's behind her! She runs even faster. 

After a few minutes of running, she trailed off catching her breath. Energy drained from her body that made her lost a balance, she fell down face and body on ground. It's the end, she thought as she heard footsteps getting louder around her. She turned her body facing the sky, her eyes has lost its aggression. Misery had caught up with her finally and regret comes out as her tears went visible to her features first in her entire brute life. 

"Soojung!" She heard out loud and clear before her consciousness left her. 

----

Krystal Jung Soojung, was the youngest child of the Jung family. She was a happy child back to her 12 years of living. She became the center of happiness within the family. She was the source of their energy to keep a happy life altogether. Krystal thought she was so lucky to have a complete loving family, and so no matter what she's giving so much back for them. Trying to obey her parent's and siblings' orders and trying to put up a joyful and loving facade in order to show her family how grateful she was growing up with them by her side. She was a precious child back then. But it was all in the past. 

Now on her 20th year of existing, comparing her 1st 12 years of living to her later life was a drastic change. 

'Jessica Jung Sooyeon killed her own father, the current CEO of famous fashion line BLANC & ECLARE, in New York!!!' 

Krystal's sudden change of personality and attitude was all because of the headline she read on the newspaper while she was in Seoul. It was exactly on her 12th birthday that the world started crushing down on her once beautiful life. She was so puzzled about what was exactly happening but only told by their oldest brother, that Jessica had gone mad and a soulless creature of the family. Yunho Jung, the eldest of the siblings continued to feed Krystal ideas that Jessica was no longer the sister she knew once before. Because at the day that the headline broke out, Jessica is just only a murderer. 

It took a while for Krystal to take that strange and new information to her mind. It was hard to believe because she looked up to her sister Jessica as someone she admire the most in the family. She was her role model, and Jessica has never gave off a vibe that she have evil mind inside her. Jessica was most likely the most pure and loving sister she could ever have, they were so close. It's impossible to believe that Jessica really killed their own father. 

But of course, Krystal was torn between. It wasn't just anybody else that got killed, it was her father! Jessica and her father! How can she dare to protect her sister if ever it's true that she killed their father? She knew the old man as sweet and very supporting father to all of them, she never got an ill-mind to ever hate the man ever since. Both of these people were precious to her and so her other family members, she does not know what to do. 

Krystal's family mourned and held a funeral for their father in New York while Jessica was nowhere to be found. The police were already looking for her at that moment. Krystal feared that Jessica really did this to their father because of Jessica's behaviour of hiding. If she wasn't guilty, she could still save herself from this ruthless accusation. That's what she was thinking. 

During the funeral, everyone's crying except the youngest daughter. Yunho caught it that her younger sister was acting weirdly and so he taps her shoulder only to find eyes without life in it. 

"Justice will sue Jessica for her evil doings and so does the heavens." He said firmly to her sister, and Krystal didn't even flinch. 

From then onwards, Krystal's life went miserable as the name of their family revolved around people as a cursed family. She went to being happy into a mysterious lady who hides her feelings towards the world and its people.

----

"Finally, you're awake." Jessica mutters as she watched her sister lying on bed opened her eyes slowly. 

Krystal on the other hand, came back to life after she lost her consciousness back in the bed of snow in the road. Her blank eyes telling something became soft as she saw her beloved sister smiling at her. She smiled back. 

"So it was you who came running. I thought it was some cops trying to put me into jail for something I've did." Krystal was once again reminded what she had done and so she shifted on the bed, now with her back facing her sister. 

Jessica went into the sheets and scoots her sister by the waist. She smelled Krystal's scent like it was her drug that cures everything illed on her own being. 

"I'm the one to blame for what you have done. There is nothing to worry about, I'll protect you from those people who will accuse you of killing." She said as she pressed her front to the back of her sister. Slightly tightening her arms claiming Krystal to be hers alone. 

"Huh. I'm no longer a kid, Jessica. I know what I am doing. You don't always have to catch the bullet for me." Krystal coldly replied as she wriggled out from her sister's hold. She made her way to the living room. She needed space from this miserable and pointless topic to go on. 

Jessica stayed on the bed with her right arm resting on her eyes. "I'm cruel, Soojung. I made you do things that you're not supposed to do. You're supposed to be like an angel. You're supposed to remain pure and holy for the rest of your life. And yet, what have I done to you?!" She grumbles, refraining herself from physically hurting herself. 

All this time, Jessica was trying to protect her sister from this cruel world. All this time, she was only thinking of her sister to be detached from pain, judgment, hatred and everything that will corrupt her sister's innocent mind. She was trying to protect her, because she loved her. She loved her more than she's supposed to.

The moment she had discovered this filthy love before, she distanced herself by going abroad to help her father with their business. She tried to hide from her sister, because she wanted to protect her. And protecting Krystal to everyone does not make herself an exception. Jessica herself feared how she'll corrupt her sister's mind and purity. She feared how she'll pull her towards hell. 

She thought she did the right thing. But it was all the opposite when that murder incident came out to the world and changed Krystal into something she didn't know. 

"You're selfish, Jessica!" Krystal came back as she watched her sister lying in bed, while she was standing at the door frame. 

"Maybe I am, maybe not!" She replied still not moving on her position.

The younger one joined her sister back in the bed again. This time, she was the one who initiated intimate possessive embrace. "I love you anyway" Krystal said as she sealed Jessica's lips with hers. 

-----

"And you dare to show your face?" Krystal said full of grudge as she saw her sister after 6 years. J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter