AJ- Love Conquers Fear

U-KISS Love Stories

I'm the type that gets scared easily, especially the fun house and the haunted house at the amusement park. Guess it was something that I had ever since I was little, most of the time I try to be brave. Because of this, my friends like to bug me alot. It's quite annoying, but kind of fun at the same time. One day, my friends and I went to the amusement park. We went on alot rides, finally there was one left. My friends all pointed at the Haunted House, I just stared at it with blank eyes.

"Let's go!" my friend Yuka said.
"Uhm guys, I don't.." I started.

My friend Nunnally grabbed my hand and dragged me along, I was shaking. Finally we got inside the Haunted House, there were a group of boys behind us. I was last, I didn't want to freak out because I'm in front of the boys. It was the kind of Haunted House which you had to walk through it, instead of riding it. Once in a while, I would let out a few shrieks, it was quite embarrassing but it was necessary. After a few minutes, there was a turning point. At the turning point, it splits up into two paths(both leads to the exit, except one takes longer). My friend's already took a path, so I had to choose by myself. I finally chose the one on the right, my mind was somewhere else. What I didn't realize is, one of the boys in the group followed the same path as me. After a few minutes, something popped out in front of me. My eyes went wide, I screamed. I stepped backwards, but tripped on something and fell backwards. I fell into the boy's arms, he caught me and turned me around. He held me, I was facing him. My heart was pounding, my face was turning red.

"You alright there?" the boy asked with a little laugh.

I looked up slowly and stared.

"Yea.... I'm ok.. Thank you.." I responded with stutters.

His face was flawless, he had orange-brown hair, kind of messy. He had a Korean backround, I was amazed.

"Let's finish this shall we?" he asked.
"Yea.." I continued looking at him.

He smiled and led the way, I followed him. A few minutes later, we finally reached the exit. I  crouched down and wrapped my arm around myself, and took a deep breath. Someone came up to me, and knelt down in front of me. The person held out his hand to me, I looked up. It was the boy that was with me in the Haunted House, he smiled. I smiled slightly, then took his hand. He pulled me up, his hand and mine seems to fit perfectly.

"Still shaken up from that ride?" He asked with a little laugh.
"Well I'm recovering from that, thanks for catching me back there.." I said.
"No need, I'm AJ nice to meet you." He smiled.
"_______, it's nice meeting you too." I replied.

We became good friends soon after, got to know each other that night. Finally, it was time for us to go home.

"It was nice to meet you today AJ, we should hangout more often." I said.
"Indeed, see you soon ______." AJ smiled.
"Bye." I waved.

AJ left, and I walked home with a smile. AJ and I hungout alot after that day, we became really close friends. I soon realized that I like AJ, but I decided to keep it from him. During the time that AJ and I hungout together, my fears and worries seemed to fade away. One day, AJ and I went to the same amusement park. We went on many rides, laughed together while riding the rides. Finally, we decided to go in the Haunted House.

"You scared?" AJ asked.
"..Don't think so." I took a deep breath.

I was biting my lips, AJ smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You'll be fine, just take a deep breath." AJ smiled.
"Thanks." I replied.
"Let's go." AJ said.

He hooked onto my arm, and dragged me inside. There were quite alot of things that popped out, but I wasn't that scared like I was before, probably because AJ was with me. I screamed a few times, it was normal for people to scream though. AJ laughed at me at times, I would punch him playfully. We got out 20 minutes later, and took a deep breath.

"Well that was fun." AJ said.
"Yea.. I think I'm getting use to it." I replied.
"That's good, we need to ride rides like these more often, to get rid of your fears." AJ said.

I gave him a glare, and punched him lightly. That night, I finally made the decision to tell AJ that I liked him. We walked for a while, finally I stopped him by grabbing his hand.

"AJ.." I said.
"Yea?" AJ asked.
"I have something to tell you.." I said.
"What is it?" AJ asked.
"Do you like me?" I asked him.

AJ stayed silent and then smiled, he slowly pulled me into a hug.

"Of course, you're my best friend." I was still holding his hand.
"No..do you like me? Because I do" I said.

It stayed silent, then AJ let go of the hug. He then held my hand tightly, and smiled.

"Yes I do, both as a friend, and love." AJ replied.

I smiled, AJ smiled back. AJ slowly leaned in, his lips gently touched mine. We closed our eyes, and let the moment sink in. We let go a few seconds after, and walked home holding hands. A few days later, AJ and I were going to the amusement park. We laughed along the way, holding hands like couples would do. Suddenly, 2 men came up to us.

"Can we help you?" AJ asked.
"Yea, give us the lady." One of them said.
"AJ let's go." I whispered.
"Sorry, but she's with me." AJ responded.

Suddenly, AJ held onto my hand tightly and started running. We ran into the Haunted House, since it was dark. It changed, they added plastic spikes sticking out at random places throughout the ride. It was only the two of us, the two men followed us inside. My heart was pounding, I didn't let go of AJ's hand. Soon, we stopped at the split up part. We looked behind, AJ turned back.

"______, I've called the police, I'll handle them off for a few minutes, you need to run, go!" AJ said.

AJ then let go of my hand and ran back. I didn't have time, I took the right path and ran. A few minutes later, I stopped in a room with barely any lights. Suddenly, one of the man walked in.

"Stay away." I warned.
"You're coming with us." The man said.
"No I'm not." I said.

Suddenly the mam ran towards me, I dodged. The door was closed, I didn't have time to open it. The man grabbed my arm, and held it tightly. I was shaking in order for him to let go, we backed up to the back of the room. Finally, I got the strength to push him away. The man fell backwards and hit his head on a wooden box, he held his head afterwards. I, on the other hand fell backwards too. But I fell and a spiked pierced the side of my stomach, I was losing alot of blood. The man got up, saw me and ran away. I was left alone, I tried to pull myself out of the spike. The pain was spreading through my body, AJ suddenly ran into the room. I looked at him, AJ was shocked at the sight. AJ began running towards me, I placed my arm out.

"Stay where you are, I'm going to get myself out of this." I said weakly.
"________..." AJ looked scarred.

I gathered my strength, and pulled myself off the spike. I began to fall towards the ground, AJ caught me. I leaned against his chest, he held me tightly.

"You're going to be ok, I need to get you to the hospital." AJ said.

He picked me up in his arm, I tried to keep my eyes opened.

"I'm not scared.. I'm not scared. "I said quietly.
"I know, hold on." AJ assured.

I closed my eyes, everything went black. I woke up in the hospital bed, AJ was sitting beside me.

"Hey.." I said weakly.
"Hey, you feeling better?" AJ asked.

I nodded, I then took his hand.

"You'll be ok, doctor said that you were pierced in a place that wasn't to severe." AJ smiled.
"That's good." I smiled back.
"Were you scared then?" AJ asked.

I shook my head.

"It was because you were there, you helped me to get over my fears." I said.

AJ held tightly to my hand, I took a deep breath. 2 months later, I finally got out of the hospital. AJ took me to the amusement park again, we stood in front of the Haunted House.

"You scared?" AJ asked.
"Not at all." I said.

We looked at each other and then smiled, we leaned in and kissed each other. We held each other's hand, and we walked in. The question that AJ asked me a long time ago changes completely, I wasn't scared at all. I felt safe and loved,
 all because AJ's here with me. ❤U-KISS's AJ