Dongho- Girl's Best Friend? Or Lover?

U-KISS Love Stories

I loved animals, I especially love dogs and puppies. I'm currently 10 years old right now, I really wanted a puppy. So I asked my dad if I could, my dad said sure. The next day, my dad took me to the pet shop, there were a pen full of puppies.

"Pick any one you like." My dad said.

I smiled, I looked into the pen. All the puppies were cute, but none of them caught my eyes. Finally I saw a cute puppy sitting in the corner, head lowered. It was a Golden Retriever, I immediately told my dad that I wanted that one. And that day, I took care of the puppy. I took full responsibility, I named the puppy "Goldheart" It's true that the name sounds a bit weird, but it fitted him the most. I loved him, he loved me, we were basically best friends. 2 months past, Goldheart was growing bigger each day, but he was still a puppy. One day, I took Goldheart out for a walk. I took it to a park with a large steep hill, I kept Goldheart close by me. I sat down on a bench a few feet away from the hill, I tied Goldheart's leash to the handle of the bench. I closed my eyes, I then had to go to bathroom. So I left Goldheart alone, since the bathroom was just behind me. The thing was, I didn't tie Goldheart's leash properly, it untied itself. A few minutes later, I came out. I looked at the bench, Goldheart disappeared. I looked around frantically, I was shouting his name.

"Goldheart! where are you boy?!" I shouted.

I turned, I then saw Goldheart at the edge of the hill, he was facing a bigger dog. My eyes went wide as I saw Goldheart backing up, I ran towards Goldheart. The big dog barked really loudly and ran off, at the same time Goldheart stepped off the edge of the hill. I reached for the leash, but it was too late. Goldheart rolled down the hill, I ran down the hill towards him. By the time the two of us reached the bottom, Goldheart was laying still. I picked him up, I held him and patted his head.

"Goldheart, wake up boy, you'll be ok." I cooed with tears.

Goldheart was still as a rock with his eyes closed, not moving at all. I them cried, Goldheart was still a little puppy, rolling down such a big hill without stopping, what other things could happen besides death? I was devastated, I couldn't blame the big dog. I took full responsibility, it was really hard to see such a small life just stopped breathing like that. 8 years passed, I still haven't forgotten about Goldheart. I told my friends about him, one day, my friends really wanted to buy pets so they took me with them. When I got there, they were selling puppies. Flashbacks came back to the first day when I got Goldheart, I knelt down beside the pen. There were alot of puppies, my friends were looking at other pets. I looked at all of them, finally one puppy caught my eyes. It was a cute Golden Retriever which looked exactly like Goldheart, it was more energetic than Goldheart though. I couldn't buy him, because I wasn't ready to move on. Suddenly a group of boys knelted by the pen too, there were 7 of them. They were really handsome, I looked on, one of the boys caught my eyes. He looked quite young probably around the same age as me, he looked adorable too. I fell in love, he looked up from the puppies and saw me. We looked at each other and smiled slightly, my face went red. I patted the puppy, got up and walked away. The next few days, I came and visited the puppy everyday, the owner didn't mind she was happy that someone kept them companied. One day, I came to see the puppies. After 10 minutes of being with them, someone knelted down beside me. I slowly looked up, it was that young boy that I saw that day. He looked at me and smiled, I smiled back.

"Hi" he said.
"Hi.." I replied shyly.
"I'm Dongho, what's your name?" He asked.
"______." I replied.
"Well nice to meet you, it looks like you really love dogs right?" Dongho asked with a cute smile.
"Haha, you could say that, but mostly because of something that happened wen I was little." I told him.
"Oh, definitely not a good thing I suppose?" Dongho asked.
"No, it was something that left me shocked for a while." I replied shaking my head.
"Well I'm here to try and find a playmate for a puppy that I have right now." Dongho said.

I felt sad all of a sudden, hearing that someone has a puppy and wants to have a playmate.

"Got any of them in mind?" I asked.
"Nope, not at the instant." Dongho laughed.

Dongho and I walked in a park soon after, got to know each other better, I found out that Dongho and the other 6 boys are U-KISS, a korean K-Pop group.

"So, about that incident that happened when you were little, do you mind if you tell me what happened?" Dongho asked me.
"No, I'll tell you." I smiled.

I told Dongho everything, he looked quite sad.

"Sorry to hear about that, you must really miss him alot." Dongho asked.
"Yes I do, honestly, I'm not ready to let Goldheart go..just yet." I responded.
"Don't worry, whenever you're ready." Dongho said with a sweet and comforting smile.
"Thanks Dongho." I said.

We smiled at each other, a few weeks later we became really close friends. After a month of being close friends, the two of us both fell in love with each other. Never told each other though, we just smile at each other all the time. Each day I go to visit the puppies whenever I have time, it brightens up my mood. One day As I was visiting the puppies, Dongho followed me without me knowing. For the past month, Dongho noticed that I kept on playing with the Golden Retreiver puppy.

"She really loves that puppy doesn't she?" Dongho thought to himself.

One day Dongho and I decided to confess our feelings, honestly it wasn't too nerve racking. That day, I wanted to visit the puppy. When I got there, it wasn't there anymore.

"Excuse me, may I ask where the little Golden Retriever went?" I asked the lady at the front desk.
"Oh, the puppy got taken just a few minutes ago, sorry about that." The lady apologized.
"Oh.. It's fine, thank you." I said.

I walked out, I was sad, because the feeling that it gave me felt like I lost another friend. Just then, I remembered that I had to see Dongho. When I finally saw him sitting on a park bench, I sat down beside him.

"Look who finally showed up?" Dongho joked.
"Sorry, I was looking at two grasshoppers kicking each other off a cliff." I joked back.

We both started laughing, then I looked at him.

"What do you want to tell me?" I asked him.
"It's just that, after being close friend, the feeling.." Dongho said.
"Of liking each other?" I finished.

Dongho looked at me surprised.

"Yea.." Dongho replied.
"Don't worry, to tell you, I like you too." I finally said.
"You do?" Dongho sounded happy.

I nodded. Dongho hugged me, I froze, but then hugged him back. Dongho looked at me, then he leaned in. His lips touched mine, we kissed each other. We let go of each other soon after, I smiled. I then saw a small box with a bowtie, I pointed it.

"Dongho, what's in there?" I asked.
"It's a present, open it." Dongho said.

He handed the present to me, I opened it slowly. A small furry puppy popped out, I was surprised. It was a Golden Retriever, the same one that looked like GoldHeart.

"It's adorable, thank you!" I said to Dongho.
"No need." Dongho smiled.
"At first I thought he was gone." I said quietly.
"Because that it was taken?" Dongho asked.
"Yea, It made me thought that I lost another friend, but I'm glad that you got it for me." I smiled.

Dongho hugged me.

"Don't worry, nothing will happen to him, now, my puppy has a playmate now." Dongho smiled.

I named the puppy "Goldheart" in memory of Goldheart. 2 months later, Goldheart grew but still was a small puppy. One day Dongho,Goldheart and I went to the park again, this time there was a road wear cars could drive through. We sat down on a bench, this time I held onto Goldheart's leash. After talking to Dongho for a while, we fell asleep in the warm air. Half an hour went by, I finally woke up. Something wasn't right, I woke Dongho up. The two of us began searching for Goldheart, he ran away after I fell asleep and let go of his leash. We searched forever, finally I found him, he was in the middle of the road. I called Dongho, then I saw a car coming. The driver was reaching for something, I ran towards Goldheart. I got onto the road, I pushed Goldheart out of the way. The car hit me with weak impact, I fell onto the ground. I became really dizzy, Dongho and Goldheart ran up to me, I then fainted. When I woke up, I was in the hospital.

"What happened, is Goldheart ok?" I asked Dongho who was sitting beside me.
"He's fine, how about you?" Dongho asked back.
"Yea I'm fine, is my hand broken?" I asked looking at my wrapped wrist.
"Yea you did, you won't be able to pull tightly on things for a while." Dongho said.

I took his hands gently, and held it.

"I'll be fine, thanks for being here for me." I said with a smile.

A month later, Dongho took me, Goldheart and his puppy out for a walk. Goldheart grew up into a big dog now. We sat down on a bench, and stared up at the blue sky.

"I'm glad that Goldheart is ok." I said.
"Yea it is." Dongho smiled.
"I just gave Goldheart another chance to live, a chance that the older Goldheart never had." I said.
"Giving a living thing another chance to live is a miracle." Dongho said looking at me.

We held each other's hand and fell asleep, since Goldheart grew up now, he stayed by Dongho and my side. I was happy to have Dongho by my side, and a best friend who stayed by my side as a companion. ❤ U-KISS's Dongho.

Sorry, I know this story is mostly about the dog, sorry for that, but hope you still enjoyed the story. :P