Eli- Strong Heart

U-KISS Love Stories

I was a teenager who just reached my early 20's or adult I should say. I was healthy, I exercised alot. I never really thought what would've happened to my body, if I became severely sick. One day, I was out on my daily walk. I was listening to some of my favorite songs by "U-KISS", I closed my eyes As I walked. I really liked a member in U-KISS, it was Eli.

"He's really handsome, and with a good amount of humour." I thought to myself.

I decided to go to a park which had a big hill, I sat down on the bright green grass. The air was warm, and the sun shining brightly. I closed my eyes for a few minutes, I then heard talking voices below the green hill on the cement. I opened my eyes, I looked down from on top of the hill. I saw two young handsome looking guys jogging, they were talking and laughing. Of course there were other people running and jogging in the park, but I only looked at them. Suddenly, one of them turned to face his friend, he then saw me on top of the hill. Our eyes met, but, since there was a great distance between the top of the hill to the bottom, I couldn't see his face clearly. We looked at each other for a few seconds, then I looked away with a smile.

"I know I've seen him somewhere before, he looks like a celebrity, a Korean singer maybe?" I thought to myself.

The next few days, I always walked through the park. One day I actually ran through the park instead of walking, I was listening "Believe" by U-KISS. I ran, I ran for about 15 minutes. The song got to the part when Eli sings, I turned it up. I turned to run the other way, I turned around. I bumped into someone, he held onto my arms so I wouldn't fall backwards. I slowly looked up at his face, my eyes went wide. The young man looked at me and smiled, I was shocked.

"Hey, aren't you that girl that sat on top of that hill the other day?" the young man asked.

I nodded my head slowly, not looking away.

"Haha well, nice to meet you, my name's Eli." He said with a sweet smile.
"U-KISS's... Eli?" I asked with a bright red face.
"Yes indeed, what's your name?" Eli asked nicely.
"______." I responded.
"Nice to meet you." Eli smiled.

I smiled back, we became friends soon after. We took a nice long walk in the park, talked about our own lives. Finally it was late in the afternoon, the two of us had to leave.

"It was nice talking to you today ______, we should do it more often." Eli said to me.
"We should, it was nice talking to someone like you." I smiled.
"Gotta run now, let's hangout tomorrow." Eli said.
"Sure, I'd like that." I said.
"Great, see you then." Eli waved and ran off.

I closed my eyes, and I felt the cool breeze. I walked home, feeling happy and excited. The next few days, we became close friends. We hungout alot whenever we have time, I was completely free from all the worries that I had. After a month of spending time together, the two of us finally fell in love with each other. Spending more time with each other everyday, we were happy. One day, we were jogging in the park. After a while, we sat down on the hill that I sat on before. The sun was high in the sky, the birds flying freely.

"It feels nice after a long jog." Eli said closing his eyes.
"The wind is so calm, I could just fall asleep like this." I replied.

Finally I decided to tell him, I looked at him and then down the hill.

"Eli.." I said.
"Yes ______?" Eli responded.
"Can I tell you something?" I asked.
"Of course." Eli sat up.
"I want to say.. That.. I like you." I finally said.

Eli looked at me, and then smiled.

"Do you want to hear my answer?" He asked with a laugh.

I stopped 

" No, not today." I replied with a smile.
"So, stay friends for now, until the day comes when you want me to tell you?" Eli asked.
"Yea, we'll still hang out right?" I asked.
"Of course." Eli smiled gently.

Eli slowly hugged me

"Friends, till the day comes." Eli said.
"Yea." I hugged him back.

After that day, everything stayed the same, still spent time as usual, jog, run and so on, just like nothing happened. One day, I was writing some homework. I, apparently was using a pencil that was really old and contained lead instead of graphite. As I was writing I went to grab something from behind me, the pencil held with the lead facing my palm. My hand bumped into the chair, the pencil was really sharp and it jabbed into my palm. A quarter of the lead was stuck in my palm, it was really painful. After a while, it reduced a little.

"Great, now there's lead stuck in my hand." I said,

The thing was, I forgot that it was actually the old lead instead of graphite,which was harmless. A few days later, I began to feel really weak. I kept on feeling dizzy, because of that, I couldn't spend time with Eli. It was regretful, I felt sad. I didn't know what the problem was, I was really worried about my health. One day I was doing something, writing homework. Suddenly I felt really sick, my body wasn't functioning properly. Suddenly I had to cough badly, I covered my mouth. After a few seconds, I lowered my hand. I continued to work, as my hand was moving along the page, I suddenly saw blood stains on my paper. I was really shocked, I looked at my hand, it had a little patch of blood on it.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked myself.

Below the blood, I saw the lead that's stuck in my skin now.

"Is it because of this?" I asked myself.

The next day I went to the doctor's.

"It turns out, you are diagnosed with lead poisoning." The doctor said.
"Seriously?" I asked him.
"Yes, did you chew on anything that contained lead?" The doctor asked.
"No, but I accidentally stabbed myself with a graphite pencil." I said.
"Weird, you shouldn't be getting lead poisoning from graphite, was it actually graphite?" The doctor asked again.

I sat there thinking about it, suddenly I remembered.

"Wait... No.. It wasn't graphite, I was using a really old pencil from the 1600's kept from an ancestor that passed down to me.. It contained real lead back then." I suddenly said.
"And you said that you accidentally said that you stabbed yourself." The doctor assured.
"Yes." I responded.
"Ok, you need treatment." The doctor said.

2 days later, Eli really wanted to spend time with me. So I did, I really missed him. Before we hungout, I wrote down something. That day, Eli and I went to park again. After a while Eli wanted to have a race.

"Hey, let's have a race." Eli said.
"Sure, after I have something to give you." I responded.
"Same here, first one at the finish line, get to show the other person their surprise." Eli smiled.
"Deal." I winked.

A few minutes later, we started running. Eli was ahead of me by alot, I didn't care. Suddenly I stopped, I was out of breath, I started coughing. I looked at my hand it had a little amount of blood, I wiped it away and continued. Eli was waiting for me at the finish line.

"Took you long enough." Eli said.
"I know, I'm a little slow these days." I responded.
"I understand, you're not feeling well these days." Eli smiled.
"Thanks." I smiled back.
"Remember, that day when you told me that you liked me?" Eli asked.
"Of course I do." I smiled.
"Well, I'm deciding to tell you my answer." Eli said.
"Really now?" I joked.
"Here." Eli said holding out a piece of paper.

I took the paper and unfolded it, it has the words

"I love you _____." on it.

I smiled, Eli smiled back.

"Now, you're turn." Eli said.
"Ok..." I began to slowly hand over the paper that I had.

Suddenly, I began coughing, I was coughing violently, my body wasn't functioning. Blood was coming out my mouth, quite alot. I fell onto the ground, I dropped the paper, Eli grabbed onto me.

"_____? What's wrong?! Are you alright?!" Eli asked shocked.

I continued coughing, Eli held me tightly to him. I then fainted. The next thing I knew, I woke up a few days after. I was in the hospital, Eli was sitting beside me.

"Eli?" I asked weakly.
"Yea _______ I'm here." Eli said holding my hand.
"Thank you for being here." I said with a smile.
"Yea, how long have you had lead poisoning?" Eli asked softly.
"You read the paper I gave you?" I asked.
"Of course." Eli responded.

I looked at the ceiling,

"For a while now." I replied.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Eli asked.
"I didn't want you to worry about me, cause I was always healthy, and then all of a sudden, coughing up blood." I said with a little laugh.
"Well, now I'm glad that you're fine now." Eli said with a smile.
"Lead poisoning usually takes forever to cure, how am I all better?" I asked Eli.
"The doctors said that it was really fast to cure you, because you were one of the healthiest person they've seen." Eli smiled. "Oh." I nodded.

A month later, I was finally released from the hospital. Eli took me to the park once more, We sat on the hill. We finally became a couple, holding hands. The sun was shining as brightly as ever.

"It's really beautiful here today." I breathed.
"Yea I agree, more than it has ever been." Eli smiled.

We laughed and such, finally I leaned onto Eli's shoulder. It was really comfortable, I felt really relaxed.

"I love you, I whispered.
"Love you too ______." Eli responded.

I looked at him, we leaned in and kissed each other. We let go a few seconds later, we both smiled at each other.

"Let's go for a walk." Eli suggested.
"Sure." I smiled.

Eli took my hand, and we walked along the gray cement path that we bumped into each other. ❤U-KISS's Eli