Lost and Found

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s time to forget her.” Yoongi’s words echoed in his mind, “You can’t keep putting your life on hold for someone who isn’t here anymore.”

Perhaps Suga was right and it was time to forget Sooyoung, to really forget, but how does one simply forget their first love? There was no remedy for forgetting and time definitely did nothing for Taehyung, eight years had gone by and Sooyoung was still deeply embedded in his heart.

“You know what you need? You need closure. Sooyoung moved while you were in the states so the two of you never had a proper goodbye. I mean I know you saw her before you left, but at that time you thought you would see her when you came back. It might help if you went back to where the two of you grew up and I guess say like a goodbye or something,” Jimin had suggested and so with much hesitation Taehyung made plans to travel back to the place of his childhood, a little town three hours away from the capital of Korea.

His parents had sold the house he had grew up in when they moved to the States so Taehyung didn’t bother stopping there.

After parking his car on the side of the road he made his way up the hill until he came to where the grass met the trees and as he spotted the little blue flowers that were almost hidden he couldn’t help but think back to the first time he met a little girl who had soothed his crying heart.

<>♥<>

“Taehyung dear, until when are you going to be angry?” A women in her early thirty asked as she looked in the rearview mirror to see her son sitting in the back seat with his arm crossed across his chest.

The little boy, Taehyung as his parents had chosen to call him turned his heads towards the window, a scowl still plastered on his face.

Sighing in frustration, the women turned her attention to her husband, “Baek, do something about your son please,” she pleaded. The ride from Seoul had not been a pleasant one, especially when all the little boy did was grumble about not wanting to move. He was usually a well behaved boy, but ever since he had learned of the move, he had been acting up.

“We’re here!” The father, Baekhyun said as they pulled up to a newly renovated two stories house completely avoiding the situation at hand. It had been repainted from its faded gray color to a fresh white to match the white fence he had installed to enclose the house.

“It’s lovely dear, you did a great job,” she said as she placed a quick kiss on her husband’s cheek before turning back to face her son.

“See Taehyung, isn’t this great? Look you even get a nice front yard to play in and wait till you see what your father put in the backyard for you.” Taeyeon tried once again to appeal to the young boy, but the boy simply refused to budge.

“Tae, just forget him. He’ll get over it soon enough. For the mean time let me show you guys around, the movers should be here in a little bit,” Mr. Kim said as he exited the car while pulling out the keys to their new house from his pocket.

“Are you going to come in, or are you just going to sit in the car?” Taeyeon asked when she noticed her son not moving. Refusing to answer his mother, Taehyung turned his head the other way around.

“Fine, suit yourself,” she sighed, she’ll continue this battle another day.

“I seriously don’t know what’s wrong with that boy,” she complained to her husband who had been waiting at the front gate.

“It’s normal for kids to act like that. Like I said, just give him time. He’ll eventually come around.”

“I sure hope so,” she replied looking at her stubborn kid sitting in the car one last time before entering the house.

 Taehyung didn’t like fighting with his mother, but Taehyung also didn’t like the fact that he was being forced away from his house, school, and friends to someplace where he had never been before. He watched as his parents entered the house, both seemingly not caring about him anymore. After a few minutes of sitting the car, the mind of a six years old became bored. Making sure his parents weren’t around, he quickly got out of the car as his mind thought back to what his mother had said.

“-wait till you see what your father put in the backyard for you.”

Making his way to the backyard, Taehyung’s eyes widen when he saw a playset and for a brief moment he almost wanted to run to his parents to thank them but then remembered where he was and reverted back to being mad.

“Stupid playground,” he muttered to himself as he sat down on the grass. It didn’t’ take long until a brown furry thing caught his eyes, again his eyes widen when he recognize the creature as a baby rabbit.

A mischievous smile appear on his lips before he got up and sneakily tiptoed to the where th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter