Living a Lie

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung watched as the back of a petite girl furiously walked away from him. His right hand placed gently on his right cheek, the burning still fresh from when she slapped him just moments ago. He was confused, confused as to why she was mad when she was the one who broke up with him. He really thought their relationship was going along smoothly, just as their parents and his friends had wanted it to. Progressing to the point where whenever his mother asked about marriage he no longer opposed the thought and it had crossed his mind once or twice on its own as well. A few more years and he would have willingly asked her to marry him. Wasn’t that what she wanted? If he recalled correctly, he often heard her talk with envy of her friends who were either getting engage or getting married.

Perhaps she had simply grown tired of him, but was that really a reason to break up with someone? They could have talked it out, or she could have given him some sort of warning. How was he supposed to break the news to his mother? She had been so keen on having her as her daughter in law too.

He ran a hand through his hair, tilted his head back and gazed at the night sky. The stars were hardly visible, but he continued to stare up at them anyway, hoping for some understanding as to why the sudden break up. He had done everything right, or at least he thought he did. He didn’t stare at other girls, he always paid for their dates, and whenever she wanted to watch chick flicks he was always willing to watch with her. After what seemed like forever, in which he was nowhere closer to understanding the break up, he proceeded with his walk back to his apartment.

Opening the door to his apartment, he spotted the pink slippers that she had brought over after claiming he didn’t have anything for her and was reminded that she had other things scattered around his apartment. He sighed, he would need a big box for all of her stuffs. Did she say she would come by tomorrow to gather her stuffs? He wasn’t sure, after the words “Let’s break up” were said from her lips, he stopped paying attention.

6:00 am

Taehyung threw his covers off of him and made his way to the door. As soon as he opened it, the loud banging that had been ringing throughout his apartment ceased and in came a worried Jimin, followed by a sleepy Yoongi, who Jimin undoubtedly had forced out of bed. He had expected someone to come over, but he hadn’t expect it to be at six in the morning.

“How you doing man?” Taehyung had barely just locked the door before he was engulfed into a back hug by Jimin. He had forgotten about the break up.

“You seem to be doing fine for someone who just broke up with his girlfriend,” Yoongi said as he placed a cup of coffee down in front of the older man.

“She broke up with me,” he corrected.

“All the more reason for you to be devastated, which doesn’t seem to be the case.”

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders. Everyone dealt with break ups differently and he supposed he was the type who didn’t show his emotions, but how was he supposed to be feeling? She broke up with him and that was that. Yoongi observed his friend, searching for any signs of heartbreak or at least frustration. Juhyun was a great girl and any man who found a girl like her was surely lucky, so to lose her was definitely a huge lost, yet Taehyung didn’t seemed at the least bit upset by the break up. Maybe a bit confused, but that was it.

“Yeah man, the reason we came so early was because you wouldn’t answer your dumb phone. I thought you had drunk yourself dead,” Jimin said and Taehyung couldn’t help but feel that the two friends were disappointed that he wasn’t drunk and on the verge of dying.

“Turns out you just went to bed.”

“So did she give you any reasons as to why she broke it off with you? Seemed like you guys were hitting it off good. I mean look at your place, it’s practically hers.” Jimin was right, she was pretty much living with him.

He shrugged his shoulders once again, “I dunno, said something about feeling distant from me. I think she accused me of seeing someone else.”

“Whoa, are you? I mean seeing someone else?” Jimin asked, eyes full of disbelief.

“No! Of course not. I don’t even know where she got that idea from.” He defended himself. It was a baseless accusation and completely absurd from his point of view.

Yoongi nodded his head, he knew his friend would never cheat, but he needed more information from his own girlfriend before he could understand this break up.

Days went by and Juhyun had yet to come get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter