Goodbye

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung stared at the gravestone in front of him. As if the news of Sooyoung’s disappearance wasn’t hard enough for him, he also learned that her grandmother had passed away. She had been a gentle woman, always welcoming him with a warm smile whenever he came by to visit Sooyoung and she treated him like he was her own grandchild. He knew she meant the world to Sooyoung, after all she was all the girl had.

“My father passed away when I was little,” she had told him “and I was raised by my grandma ever since then.”

Her mother was never mentioned, but from what Taehyung heard, she left not long after the passing of her husband, leaving her only child in the care of the aging woman who had thought her child rearing days were over when her son had gotten married. The woman had welcome the child though, and loved her with all her heart. Sooyoung filled the hole she was left with when her son passed away and she took joy in watching her granddaughter grow. Sooyoung had inherited her gummy laugh from her grandma and Taehyung remembered how the two would sometimes burst into a fit of laughter over the smallest things. The two were like two peas in a pod and it pained him to know Sooyoung had to experience the death of her loved one.

The gravestone was nothing fancy, but he noted the freshly cut grass around the headstone and a bouquet of flowers neatly placed in front of the stone almost as if someone had just been there moments before he arrived. He wasn’t surprised though, Grandma Park was well loved by the townspeople and even if she no longer had any relative around, and as long as there were people who knew Grandma Park where still alive, her grave would be taken care of. Yet, when he caught sight of a girl walking away from the cemetery, he rushed towards her.

Disappointed that the girl in front of him was not Sooyoung, he apologized for mistaking her for someone else. The girl waved off his apology, it was nothing and she was happy he had come to her for she had saw him standing in front of the grave and had wanted to talk to him, but didn’t have the courage to.

“I saw you standing at Grandmother’ grave,” she started and immediately a million questions ran through Taehyung’s head. Was she somehow related to Sooyoung? Did she know where Sooyoung was?

“How did you know grandma?” The girl beat him to the question.

“I, uh, I used to live here when I was younger. How do you know Grandma Park?” It was his turn to ask.

“She’s my grandma, well not really because I’m not related to her by blood, but unnie said I should still call her grandma.”

“Unnie also said that grandma would have loved me just as much as much as she had loved unnie, it’s a shame I never got the chance to meet her,” the girl pouted and Taehyung had a hard time following her. Grandma Park wasn’t her biologica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter