To Move Or Not To Move

Oversea Dreams and Love Incidents

Min and I are walking to lunch.

“YAH! Min-ah and Rin-ah wait up,” Eunhyuk says running to catch up with us.

“Anyeong, Eunhyuk-ah,” We reply.

“Will you eat lunch with me and the 11G guys today? I still want to hear your story about why you guys came back to South Korea,” Eunhyuk says.

“Ah that’s right we didn’t get to tell you huh, mianhe Eunhyuk-ah. Mianhe, but we have something to take care of that’s really important right now. I promise that we’ll tell you during lunch tomorrow, arasso?” I say remembering about the moving out situation.

“Arasso, that’s fine,” Eunhyuk replies, “I’m holding you to that.”

I chuckle and respond, “When have I never ever kept a promise I made, huh?”

“Never,” Eunhyuk replies and smiles big, “see you later.” And he left.

“Bye,” We reply and hurry to the bus stop.

We get there just when the bus is pulling up; we get on and head to the location the elderly lady told us about yesterday.

“Oh this looks like a nice, quiet neighborhood,” Min notes.

“Neh it does. The place is just ahead.” I reply and we knock on the door.

To our surprise the nice, old lady opens the door.

“I’ve been expecting you two,” She says with a caring smile.

“So you own the apartment that you told us about,” We say surprised.

“Neh, follow me and I’ll show it to you,” She replies.

We follow her and the apartment is just beautiful. It has a simple, traditional style to it, yet it is also a little modern. It is two-stories tall and has a balcony. It is just plain out beautiful and so peaceful looking. The inside is even better. It has the sliding doors. The kitchen is big and has an island.

“OMO! It’s lovely,” Min replies.

“It’s so beautiful and has a relaxing feel about it, but how much does it cost to rent,” I ask.

“It only cost $400 a month,” She replies.

“Jinja?!,” We exclaim in shock, “such a beautiful house with some very expensive renovations that have been done and it’s that cheap.”

“What did you figure the price was?” She asks.

“I was guessing in the thousand dollar range,” We reply.

“Aniyo, it used to be, but times are hard now and people can’t afford that. Plus with all the renovations the previous owner made actually ruined the value of the house. When it was a one-hundred percent traditional house like Yunho-ah’s it ranged from the thousandths to the hundred-thousandths” She explains.

“Gahh we really like the apartment, but Yunho oppa…” I say sadly.

“You guys feel bad for leaving him, huh. He has seemed happier since you guys started staying with him,” She states.

“Min..I don’t think I can move out now,” I tell her.

“Me neither unnie,” Min replies.

“You two have become like daughters to Yunho-ah. He seems to be really attached to you two in the fatherly type of way. Here’s the thing, not many people actually like this specific apartment like you do, most people want it to be all modern, they don’t seem to care about traditional style things no more, so I’ll say that this is your apartment and won’t rent it out to anyone, well unless they have kids and need a place to stay, until you guys are ready to move out and Yunho-ah is ready to let his daughters move out,” She says smiling.

“Ah you don’t have to do that, we don’t want to hurt your business that you have going or anything,” We reply.

“It’s alright; business hasn’t been going to great as it is anyways. Like I said with the economy the way it is and how people don’t seem to care for traditional style things anymore. It’s really no big deal,” She responds.

“Oh, okay..if you are sure. Kamsahamnida,” We reply and bow.

“Neh and you’re welcome,” She replies.

“Unnie we better get going our lunch break is almost over,” Min states.

“Ah that’s right,” I say.

“Bye, kamsahamnida again.” Min and I reply and head to the bus stop again.

~Rrriiiinnnggg!~

We arrive at school just as the bell rings.

“I think we made the right choice dongsaeng,” I happily say.

“Neh, me too,” Min replies, “but we didn’t make the right choice to leave during our lunch break.”

“True, we should’ve gone after school instead,” I agree, “I’m so hungry now. I bet the food was really delicious today like it was yesterday.”

We walk into the music classroom.

“Glad you two made it just in time,” Ms. Peng Yang says.

“Mianhamnida songsaengnim,” Min and I reply and quickly take our seats by Jinwoon and Yong Hwa.

“Good afternoon class,” Ms. Peng Yang greets us, “I hope you guys are getting to know your partners very well and are helpfully and encouragingly teaching them an instrument. Tomorrow I would like everyone to begin the teaching of the instrument your partner wants to play. Those who don’t make an effort to cooperate with their partners will suffer the consequences of their actions.”

Min and my stomach growls. We look at each other like O_O and look around the classroom hoping no one heard. Jinwoon chuckles and raises his hand.

“Neh, Jinwoon, what is it?” Ms. Peng Yang asks.

“May I please go to the bathroom?” Jinwoon politely asks.

“Neh,” Ms. Peng Yang nods.

Jinwoon gets up from his seat and leaves. After a couple of minutes he returns with food.

“Here,” Jinwoon says handing us snacks and drinks, “I didn’t see you guys at lunch and the fact that your stomachs just growled confirmed that you didn’t eat.”

“Ah..gomawo Jinwoon-ah,” We reply thankfully.

The teacher and Yong Hwa smile, Leeteuk and Kyuhyun look a little jealous and Sunny and Yuri glare. I guess we weren’t supposed to accept food from them either.

“Since last time wasn’t enough time for you to get to know your partners too well, I’m going to let you do that today, but remember that next class is when we will begin the teaching sessions and I want you all to write one nice thing about each one of your classmates in here,” Ms. Peng Yang says.

Everyone got with their partners. Leeteuk drags Kyuhyun over to Min and I. Sunny and Yuri actually get with Yong Hwa and Jinwoon this time, but they still aren’t contributing too much.

“Where were you guys today? Eunhyuk-ah said you guys had something important to do..was it so important that you skipped lunch and looks like you didn’t get too much sleep either,” Leeteuk says worriedly.

“Ah..neh. It’s kind of a long story..is it alright to tell you and the rest of the 11Gs tomorrow during lunch..it ties into why we are here,” I explain.

“Neh, arasso,” Leeteuk replies and lookes at one of the snacks that Jinwoon gave us.

“Would you like to have that?” Min asks.

“Ah..aniyo..you guys haven’t eaten lunch. You should eat it,” He replies.

“It’s fine; if you want it you can have it. I don’t think we’ll be able to eat all of these snacks anyways. Right unnie?” Min states.

“Neh, go ahead and take it Leeteuk-shi,” I reply smiling and hand it to him.

“Ah..kamsahae,” Leeteuk replies thankfully and begins eating.

Kyuhyun shoots him a ‘seriously’ look, but then he spots a snack that he likes too.

“Ahem,” I clear my throat to get Min’s attention. I look at Kyuhyun and then at the snack he's staring at.

“Uh..Kyuhyun-shi, here have this,” Min says and hands him the snack.

“Uh…kamsahae,” Kyuhyun replies, takes the snack and then looks away, blushing a little.

I smile like ^_^

“Bwo unnie?” Min asks.

“You guys will make such an adorable couple,” I reply.

“Unnie!?” Min exclaims blushing.

Kyuhyun looks at me like O.O and Leeteuk chuckles.

We finish our snacks and drinks.

“Gomawo again Jinwoon-ah!” Min and I yell across the room smiling like :D

“You’re welcome!” Jinwoon replies smiling like ^_^

“So, Rin-shi and Min-shi can we drop the formalities?” Leeteuk politely asks.

“Neh,” Min and I reply.

“Gomawo. So, Rin-ah what’s your favorite color(s)?” Leeteuk asks.

“Hmm…purple, green, silver, black & white, and blue,” I reply, “what about you?”

“White,” He replies.

I notice that Min and Kyuhyun aren’t chatting.

“Kyuhyun-shi what’s your favorite food?” I ask and get no response.

“Pork chop and seafood are his favorites,” Leeteuk says.

“Gomawo Leeteuk-ah,” I reply warmly and smile, “Kyuhyun-shi, Min’s favorite color is green and her favorite foods are kimchi and sushi.”

“Unnie, what are you doing?” Min asks.

“Since neither one of you is going to talk to each other, I’m going to tell him things about you that he probably wants to ask, but isn’t for some reason,” I reply.

Kyuhyun looks away and Min looks down at the desk.

“I’m going to figure out why you guys, especially Kyuhyun is acting this way,” I say determined.

“It won’t be safe for you to do so. You or Min-shi could get hurt…” Kyuhyun states quietly.

I give him a O.o look trying to figure out what exactly he means by that and Leeteuk suddenly makes a look that says he understands what is going on.

“He’s right, ya know,” Yuri and Sunny chime in.

“Oh so you and your group have something to do with this, I should’ve known,” I reply.

~Rrriiiinnnggg!~

“Uh..aniyo,” They reply and quickly leave.

*It so has something to do with them. Which one did they say that Kyuhyun “belonged to” again??* I think.

“Unnie??” Min says waving her hand in front of my face.

“Ah..bwo?” I say snapping out of my train of thought.

“The bell rang, it’s time to go,” She replies.

“Jinja? Arasso, kaja then,” I reply and we grab our bags and leave.

~When we left~

“Hyoyeon’s been watching you extra close lately, huh.” Leeteuk says.

“Neh,” Kyuhyun replies sadly.

“It might turn out to be a good thing if Rin-ah gets involved. She really stands her ground,” Leeteuk says.

“Oh no…you’ve fallen for Rin-shi haven’t you. Aniyo hyung! She’s so annoying! GAH!” Kyuhyun worriedly says.

“It seems that you have fallen for Min-ah. You just find Rin-ah annoying because she stands her ground against you and no one has ever done that before. Also, I haven’t fallen for her..at least I don’t think I have,” Leeteuk replies.

“Psh, whatever hyung..kaja, palle,” Kyuhyun says, they grab their belongings and leave.

Min and I walk into English class, take our seats and pull out the papers Lady Nana passed out last time. Leeteuk and Kyuhyun walk in and do the same thing and begin practicing the English words on the paper.

“Good afternoon class,” Lady Nana greets as she walks in, “I hope you all remembered to practice the list of English words I passed out last time. Please, don’t forget to ask Rin, Min or myself for help. Now let’s begin!”

Every classmate goes up to the front and does the best they can do in pronouncing the words.

“I could tell that some of you practiced and some of you not so much. Here’s your homework, this time it’s going to be a little harder because it’s phrases instead,” Lady Nana says as she passes out the paper, “You are dismissed!”

~Rrriiiinnnggg!~

Min and I are packing up our stuff.

“Rin-ah and Min-ah can we set up a time for tutoring,” Leeteuk asks.

“Neh,” We reply, “when?”

“Um..how about after shool,” He asks.

“Mmm..arasso,” We reply.

“Maybe we should exchange numbers just in case we need help over the weekend or something,” He suggests.

“Arasso,” We reply and exchangephone numbers with him and Kyuhyun.

“Call us anytime,” I reply, “bye.”

“Gomawo,” Leeteuk says, “bye.”

Min and I leave and head towards the Drama Club room.

“I’m so ready for a nap,” I say.

“Me too unnie, but we have to meet up in the library with our singing partners, then tutor Leeteuk-ah and Kyuhyun-shi for a while and then got to work,” Min says.

“Today is too busy of a day,” I reply and laugh a little.

Kim Hyun Joong comes out of wherever he was napping at and sits down by us. Leeteuk and Kyuhyun comes in and sits down by us also.

“Good afternoon class,” our teacher, Jung Hye-Young says as she walks in, “Today I’m going to let each group pick whatever spot they want on campus to practice their acts; except for group two, you guys have to stay in this room and practice arasso.”

“Neh,” We all reply.

The other groups go up to the teacher and tell her where they will be practicing. She writes it down on her clipboard.

“I thought it’d be better for you guys to practice here since you are doing a scene from a well-known drama, I didn’t want anyone to bother you,” the teacher explains to our group.

“Kamsahamnida,” We all say and bow. Then we begin acting out our scene.

After a while, she calls everyone back to the room.

“Group one will be performing first. Everyone else please take a seat on the bleachers with your groups. Remember there is no talking when another group is performing. Arasso group one you may begin,” Jung Hye-Young states.

Group one’s performance of a family was pretty funny and really good. Then it was our turn. Our performance went like this http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/boys-before-flowers-episode-19/121178 (A/N: the scene ends at 5:52)

“That was outstanding!” Jung Hye-Young exclaimes and applauses, “see me after everyone has performed. I want to talk to you all.”

We nod and bow then take our seats on the bleachers. Group three’s performance of a Royal Family was awesome. Group four’s performance of a sibling feud was a little too tense. Lastly, was group five’s performance of a group of friends eating at a restaurant, which was hilarious because they ended up getting into a fake food fight, which the teacher tried to break up.

~Rrriiiinnnggg!~

“Okay everyone is dismissed, except for group two. Next time, we will discuss what short play we would like to perform,” Jung Hye-Young says.

We walk up to her.

“Songsaengnim what is it that you wanted to talk to us about,” We all ask.

“You guys did a wonderful performance.  This club does have to perform at the end of the year for the final, would you like to keep your characters? I’ll just add others in and we can perform Boys Before Flowers, but make it a musical instead,” Jung Hye-Young explains.

We look at one another like ‘hey, sounds like fun.’

“Sure,” We reply in unison smiling.

“Great! I’m so excited! With this performance I’m sure will be outstanding. Please keep this a secret for now, tomorrow I’ll ask the rest of the class their opinion and we’ll go from there. I’ll see all tomorrow, you may leave,” Jung Hye-Young says.

Min and I are packing up our belongings.

“Um…Rin-ah and Min-ah want to walk to the library together for the tutoring?” Leeteuk asks bashfully.

“Sure,” We reply smiling and walk with them.

We run into G.O. and Jaejoong.

“Anyeong, we need to look for songs or are you busy at the moment. We can look for songs afterwards,” They say.

“Anyeong, oh mianhe we forgot about that. Uh Leeteuk-ah and Kyuhyun-shi, is it okay if we look for songs really quick first,” Min and I ask.

“Neh, that’s fine. We’ll find a table and when you’re finished just come find us,” Leeteuk replies.

“Gomawo,” I reply and bow.

Leeteuk and Kyuhyun leave to find a table. Min, Jaejoong, G.O. and I find two computers available. We sit down and begin searching for songs.

“Hmm, how about Mystery by B2ST, Good Night by HITT, and I Am The Best by 2NE1,” I ask G.O.

“That sounds good to me, but what song should be our number one choice,” responds G.O.

“I’m not sure. How about we listen to all of them first and make our choice,” I reply and get out my headphones.

“Good idea,” G.O. replies and puts the headphone I handed him in his ear.

“Let’s see Shock by B2ST, Neverland by U-Kiss, and Hot Summer by F(x). What song would you like to sing?” Min asks Jaejoong.

“I think either Shock or Hot Summer. Neverland is a really cool song, but maybe next time,” Jaejoong replies.

They decide to listen to their two top choices also.

“Mmm I think we should sing Shock. Is that okay with you,” Jaejoong says.

“Neh, that’s fine,” Min replies.

“I’m thinking Mystery,” G.O. says.

“I was thinking the same thing,” I reply.

We write down our three choices and put a star by our number one choice.

“Well we will see you guys tomorrow, bye,” G.O. and Jaejoong say and leave.

“Bye,” We reply and leave to find out where Leeteuk and Kyuhyun are sitting, “how are you guys doing with your pronunciations?”

“Not too great,” Leeteuk replies, “I’m really having difficulty with this phrase, ‘It’s really nice to meet you. Would you like to go eat at a restaurant?’”

Min and I sit down and begin helping them. After a while, my phone rings.

“Ah mianhe,” I apologize and quickly answere, “Yobosayo?”

“Where are you girls at?! Jung Yonghwa said he didn’t see you at the bus stop. Did something happen to you, are you okay?!” Yunho oppa worriedly rambles.

“Ah…Yunho oppa..mianheyo that we didn’t call you. We had to stay a little later to help two of our classmates with English phrases,” I answer.

“Aish you guys made me so worried. I’m so glad that you’re both okay, but please remember to call ahead of time the next time something comes up,” Yunho oppa states.

“Ah..neh mianhe again. We promise next time we will,” I reply and the call is ended.

“Ah..I hope we didn’t get you both in trouble,” Leeteuk says.

“Ani, it was our fault because we didn’t call and let him know,” I reply.

“Well kamsahae for helping us,” Leeteuk says gratefully and Kyuhyun gives a little nod.

“Ah no problem, anytime,”  Min and I reply smiling.

“We’ll see you both tomorrow,” He says packing his backpack.

“Yep, see you guys tomorrow, bye,” Min and I reply and leave.

We hurriedly catch the bus and sit down.

“Unnie you’re not going to fall asleep again are you?” Min asks jokingly.

“Ah…aniyo, I’ll be afraid that you’ll fall asleep too and we’ll miss our stop,” I reply jokingly too.

We get off the bus and walk into the Rising Sun Café. Yunho oppa greets us with a big bear hug.

“Yunho oppa…we can’t…breathe,” Min and I barely say.

“Ah..mianhe…” He replies, “so did you guys go and look at the apartment?”

“Neh,” We respond.

“Did you like it?” He asks not really wanting an answer.

“Neh, it was beautiful,” We respond.

“Ah..I guess that means this is goodbye then. You’ll be packing up your belongings tonight and moving out…I’ll be left in a silent, big house all by myself,” He says with a sigh and a sad expression.

“Yunho oppa we’re not moving out. We just couldn’t leave you all by yourself, after you helped us,” We reply.

“Jinja?! AHHHHHH Kamsahae!!” He says giving us another big bear hug, “Plus I haven’t taught you both what type of people you can trust and the ones you can’t. Now go get to work.”

“Arasso,” We say smiling, bow and then leave to begin work.

We work until closing time, clean up then leeave with Yunho oppa to go home.


"I'm so glad you two decided to stay!!" Yunho oppa says.


"We are too!" Min and I say with huge grins.


Then we start jamming out to the radio. When we arrive home we all do our nightly routine, turn our alarm clocks on and go to bed with smiles on our faces.