First Day at SM University (part 2)

Oversea Dreams and Love Incidents

“Ah, finally it’s lunch time,” I say with excitement.

“Sushi sounds good right now,” Min says smiling.

Min and I think we are heading in the right direction when we stumble upon ----

“YAH! What are you two doing here, this is our private hang out area,” says some guy who we recognize from our Math class.

“Wow this school seems to be filled with grouchy people today,” I say.

“Unnie! Don’t mind her,” Min says looking at me, “We just got lost, and we didn’t mean to stumble upon your hang out area. We were heading to the cafeteria..can you please point us in the right direction?”

They tell us where to go and we walk in that direction.

“YAY the cafeteria finally..FOOD!” I yell.

“Unnie you’re crazy,” Min says laughing.

We’re getting our lunches when we accidentally bump into someone.

“Ah..mianhe,” We apologize.

“Rin-ah and Min-ah,I thought it was you guys when I saw you in dance class, but wasn't sure. What are you guys doing here” says the person.

“Eunhyuk-ah! We thought you looked familiar in dance class too.” We scream in excitement, “It’s a long story.”

“Well, how about you tell me during lunch,” Eunhyuk says.

“Okay, sure,” We reply.

“Follow me. Oh I got some friends I want you to meet also,” he says.

We follow him to our surprise back to the place we stumbled upon.

“Hey, guys I want you to meet my childhood friends, Rin-ah and Min-ah” Eunhyuk says introducing us. We wave and smile to all of them.

“That is Leeteuk, Donghae, Jinwoon, JaeJoong, Kim Hyun Joong, Yesung, Kyuhyun, G.O., KiKwang and Jung Yong Hwa,” He says pointing to each of his friends. They each smile and wave back.

We realize that the jerk Kyuhyun was one of his friends. He is giving Min the cold shoulder so I glare at him every once in a while, which makes Leeteuk chuckle.

“Bwo is so funny hyung? Eunhyuk asks.

“Nothing..absolutely nothing,” Leeteuk says smiling at me.

“Okay then..Rin-ah and Min-ah why don’t you tell me why you guys are here now,” Eunhyuk pleads.

We are about to when I notice that Yesung was eyeing my kimchi ramen.

“Uh..Yesung-ah..do you want some of my kimchi ramen,” I ask.

“Uh..oh..aniyo..aniyo…unless you want to share some,” Yesung says still staring at the kimchi ramen.

“Are you kidding me?! Rin-ah is so kind that she’ll even make you food and serve it to you if you want her to,” Eunhyuk says proud and loud, “watch this! Rin-ah can I have a piece of chicken, please”

“Sure,” I say giggling at his aegyo. I grab a piece of my chicken with my chopsticks and hold it up, he opens his mouth and I feed him.

“Awww, she’s so cute,” Everyone says except for Kyuhyun and Min just laughs at everyone’s comment.  Kikwang notices that Leeteuk looks a little jealous.

“Yesung-ah..do you want me to feed you some kimchi ramen?” I ask. He just nodds and I feed him some.

“Hyung..are you jealous? Why don’t you ask Rin-shi to feed you too?” Kikwang whispers.

“..Aniyo....” Leeteuk answers blushing a little.

We all finish eating our food. Min and I get up and take our trays back to the cafeteria.

“There you two are,” Mr. Kim Bum, our math teacher says, “I forgot to tell you that you have to join a club. Here’s the list of clubs.”

We take the list from him and start looking.

“Oooo, how about cooking?” I ask.

“Nope,” Min replies.

“Wae not?” I ask looking at her.

“Aniyo..I don’t want to cook, we do enough of it at home and work,” Min replies sternly.

“Aish..fine…” I say a little disappointed. I really like cooking.

“How about drama club,” Min asks trying to cheer me up some.

“Ah..I guess..but I’m really shy so I don’t know,” I reply.

“I am too..let’s just give it a try,” Min says.

“Okay,” I reply.

Mr. Kim Bum heard our whole conversation and is smiling.

“I guess we’re joining the Drama Club,” I tell him.

“Good choice,” he replies.

We hand the list back to him. He writes our names down on the list, bows and walks away. We bow back.

“So, what should we do now?” Min asks.

“Why not head to music class early,” I suggest.

We arrive at the classroom and walk in to see Jung Yong Hwa there.

“Hey,” He says.

“Hi,” We reply and sit down by him and talk.

~Rrrrring~

Leeteuk and Kyuhyun walk in and see us all. Leeteuk is trying not to show too much excitement when he sees me, but then he sees me sitting next to Jung Yong Hwa and his smile fades a bit. Kyuhyun has a neutral face, his eyes show a bit of jealousy, seeing Min sitting by Jung Yong Hwa. Sunny and Yuri rush into the classroom.

“Hello..again,” Jung Jinwoon says with his eye smile.

“Hey,” We reply smiling back.

“Okay, so will the new students please introduce yourselves,” the teacher, Peng Yang, says walking in the classroom.

“Hi, I’m Rin,” I say.

“And I’m Min,” Min says.

“Mianhe if we don’t sound too enthusiastic, we’ve been introducing ourselves all day and to people we already know,” We explain and we sit down.

“Nice to have you both in my class. Today, I’m going to have you feel out this paper on what instruments you want to learn and/or know how to play.” The teacher says.

She passes out the papers and we all start filling them out. I wrote down that I know how to play the trumpet and that I want to learn how to play the violin, piano and cello. Min wrote down that she sort of knows how to play the violin and piano. She wants to learn how to play the guitar, piano and drums. After finishing we all turn in our papers.

“Give me a couple of seconds to look these over. Then I’m going to put you in groups to help each other out on learning to play those instruments. The reason I’m doing this is because I like my Music class to become a family, to not judge one another just because someone can play something better than the other person. If you are mean to the person and make rude, disrespectful comments to or about another classmate I will kick you out of my class. Everyone understands that, right?” the teacher says. We all nod and then chat amongst ourselves.

“Okay, listen up, please,” the teacher says getting our attention, “these are the pairs: Leeteuk and Rin, Kyuhyun and Min, Jung Jinwoon and Yuri and Jung Yong Hwa and Sunny. Each of you will get to know what instruments you can teach the other one how to play and get to know each other better. We have fifteen minutes left of class, if you want you can get together now and find out now or you can leave early, it is up to you.”

Kyuhyun just sat in his seat after she said that and looks out the window, contemplating on what he should do. Jung Yong Hwa and Jung Jinwoon get up to get with their partners, but the two girls get up and leave. So, both guys decide to sit down and talk.

“Min, you should get up and go over to him,” I say encouragingly.

“..Aniyo..I don’t think he is too thrilled to work with me unnie….” Min replies a little sadly.

Leeteuk notices Min’s sad face so he nudges Kyuhyun.

“Ow..bwo was that for hyung?” Kyuhyun says rubbing his shoulder and glaring.

“Why aren’t you getting up and going over to your partner?” Leeteuk asks.

“Because..she doesn’t seem to like me,” Kyuhyun says quietly.

“Then why does she look sad sitting over there. I think she’s upset because she feels like you don’t like her..why are you so mean to her?” Leeteuk explains.

Kyuhyun glances over to Min to see that what his hyung said was true. He is thinking about how he does like her..a lot, but he knows like everyone else that goes there how the 9SS group is over the ones they choose as their guys…he didn’t want her to get hurt because of him.

“I’m not moving.” Kyuhyun says a little mad and goes back to looking out the window.

“You know if you need to talk about anything, I’m always here,” Leeteuk says caringly, then sighs when it is quite clear that Kyuhyun isn’t going to say anything. He gets up and walks over to me.

“Can I talk to you, for a minute, Rin-shi?” Leeteuk asks me.

“Neh,” I say and get up and follow him to where Jung Jinwoon and Jung Yong Hwa are sitting.

“What’s up?” They say to Leeteuk and me.

“Rin-shi, does Min-shi like Kyuhyun?” Leeteuk asks me quietly.

“Neh. Does Kyuhyun-shi like Min-ah?” I whisper.

“I believe so.” He replies.

“So, we’re going to come up with a plan to at least get them to talk..work on this project, right?” Jung Yong Hwa and Jung Jinwoon asks. Leeteuk and I nod and then we all start brainstorming ideas.

“Neither one will move, jinja?” Jung Yong Hwa asks.

“Neh” Leeteuk and I say in unison. Then all of a sudden I got an idea. I look at Jung Yong Hwa, Jung Jinwoon and Leeteuk..then I look at Min.

“You guys are strong, right?” I ask with a mischievous grin.

“Neh.” They say in unison, trying to figure out what my plan was.

“Do you think you could pick up Min-ah and her desk?” I ask.

“Neh, but wae her and her desk….OH!” They figure out my plan and nod with their own mischievous grins. We all casually walk to Min.

“Wae you smiling like that unnie…what are you up to?” Min asks.

“..Nothing..” I say trying to hide my mischievous smile.

“I don’t believe YOU!” Min screams a little as they lift her whole desk up, “what’s going on..where are you taking me?! OMO DON’T DROP ME PLEASE PLEASE DON’T DROP ME!!” she yells louder with O_O face while blushing and laughing.

Kyuhyun turns around to see what is going on. His face goes from -_- to O_O when he sees that his friends were carrying Min in her desk over to him and he blushes a little. They sit Min down right in front of Kyuhyun.

“I’ll get you guys back one day” Min says glaring like -_- at all of us, except for Kyuhyun.

“You act just like Kyuhyun!” Leeteuk, Jung Jinwoon and Jung Yong Hwa shout.

“ANI!” Min and Kyuhyun yell with O_O faces. Then they start saying how they are nicer than the other person and they are nothing alike.

“WILL YOU SHUT UP! I’M TRYING TO TALK!” Min and Kyuhyun yell in unison at each other with =_= faces.

“OMO! YOU GUYS ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER!” I shout. Then everyone starts laughing except for Min and Kyuhyun.

“ANI! WE ARE NOT!” Min and Kyuhyun yell in unison again.

“YAH! YOU’RE SO ANNOYING!” Kyuhyun yells at Min.

“YOU’RE BOTHERSOME!!” Min shoots back at Kyuhyun.

“AISH..YOU..ME…ANI…ARRRRGH!!!” They shout and then they both storm out of the classroom and go in different directions.

“Aigoo!” we all shout with O.O faces.

“So, meant to be together,” I say with a smile.

“Rin-shi?” Leeteuk says quietly.

“Bwo?” I ask.

“Since there’s still five minutes left..and we are partners do you want to talk about what instruments we want to learn to play?” Leeteuk asks bashfully.

“Sure” I say smiling, “I want to learn how to play the violin, piano and cello. What about you?”

“That’s great!” He replies, “I can teach you how to play the piano..if that’s okay with you?”

“Neh, I would like that very much,” I say smiling and lightly blush.

“YAH! UNNIE!!” Min screams for me.

“Ah..I better get going..mianhe that we can’t talk longer about the project,” I say apologetically and bow then run off.

“Gwenchana, I have to go find Kyu anyways.” He replies, bows and runs off too.

~Rrrrring~

“Time to go to English class,” I say to Min when I caught up to her. We walk into class to see Kyuhyun and Leeteuk repeating some sentences.

“How are you? You’re so gorgeous!” Kyuhyun and Leeteuk are saying deep in thought, serious, wrinkled forehead faces. Their sentences sound like howr are youd and youd are so gorey-gee-oos, it is really adorable sounding. Their accents are so cute!

“Awww Leeteuk-shi, such a cute facial expression and pronounciation,” I say smiling like ^_^ , “Aish Kyuhyun-shi can’t even pronounce it right, hmph” I say to Kyuhyun with -_- face for being mean to Min.

~Min’s POV~

Awwww he looks so adorable trying to say those lines..aish why am I thinking this..he’s a jerk to me..aish..I’m so conflicted.

~End of POV~

“You guys are new students, right?” the teacher, Lady Nana asks us.

“Neh.” We reply.

“Okay class, listen up! This is Han Ha Rin and that is Kwon Min Ah,” she says pointing at us and we bow to the class, “Sit wherever you want to and here take these slips of paper.”

We grab the slips of paper and sit down next to Leeteuk and Kyuhyun. It was Kyuhyun sitting at the edge, Leeteuk, me and then Min.

“I’m going to have you get up in front of the class and ­­say the English sentences that are on your slip of paper,” says Lady Nana.

Each of us get up and say our sentences, the teacher wrote down at what level of English we are at; if are pronunciation is on the mark, a little off or not even close.

“Where did you two learn English?” The teacher asks Min and I.

“We were living in America, before coming here,” We reply.

“I am going to make you guys the tutors of this class, if that’s okay with both of you?” she asks.

“Neh that’s fine. We’re glad to help when we can,” We reply.

“Good, I want you to tutor Leeteuk and Kyuhyun. I think it’d be easier for you guys if I have you two classmates for..hmm..let’s say half a month. However, other classmates may come up to you and ask for help, but only when they are not helping Leeteuk and Kyuhyun.” The teacher explains.

Everyone nods, we take our seats and some classmates are even writing it down so they won't forget. Jessica and Tiffany scoff at the idea. Leeteuk looks over at us and smiles. We smile back and notice that Kyuhyun seems to be sort of smiling too. Lady Nana passes out papers that has the English alphabet and other sentences on there.

“I want each of you to practice and try to pronounce everything on those papers the best you can. Don’t worry about losing your accent; because that’s not what we want you to do, we just want you to learn the language.” Lady Nana says.

~Rrrrring~

“Time for Drama Club,” Min says.

“…yay…” I reply hesitantly.

“If we don’t like it, we can always change clubs,” Min says trying to reassure me.

“Okay..I guess you’re right,” I say.

We grab our belongings and leave.

“Hey, no one is here yet,” Min says.

“You thinking what I’m thinking?” I ask smirking.

“Only if you’re thinking about acting out everything those 9SS girls did” She replies.

“Great minds think alike,” I reply.

So we begin acting out everything the 9SS said and did. We arfe being extremely loud and laughing very hard.

“YAH! You guys are so loud!” Kim Hyun Joong yells with -_- face because we woke him up from sleeping.

“AHAHAHAHAHA!!” Min and I start busting up laughing because his hair is way messed up like crazy. I walk up to him.

“Your hair is messy, let me fix it,” I say kindly. He bends down and I fix his hair.

“Kamsahamnida Rin-shi,” He says touching his hair and staring at me.

People start showing up and so does the teacher.

“Please introduce yourselves,” Jung Hyu-Young, the teacher, says.

“They know me, so they can tell anyone who wants to know who I am, who I am,” I say pointing at Leeteuk, Kim Hyun Joong and Kyuhyun, “mianheyo seonsaengnim, but I’ve introduced myself way more than I like to and to people that already know me.”

The teacher makes a O_O what just happened face. 

“She is the annoying girl that is practically in every class of mine. The other..is..ehmm..her cousin,” Kyuhyun says.

Min smiles like ^_^ then :/ then makes a :( face.

“Will you stop hurting her, aish!! KYUHYUN-SHI ARE YOU BLIND!? Can’t you see that, that is all you have been doing today is hurting her and being rude?! That is why I’m annoying to you..aish you JERK!!” I yell and make >_< face.

“I have to get a drink” Min whispers to me and she hurriedly leaves.

“Ehm..uhm..ehmm,” Kyuhyun clearing his throat to get Min’s attention because he followed after her.

Min turns around and is shocked to see him. Her eyes are watery. Kyuhyun feels guilty and wants to hug her, but doesn’t.

“Mianhe..I didn’t mean to hurt you…I’m just trying to protect you from…aish I can’t explain why I did what I did earlier when I saved you…Mianhe, but I’m going to keep having to be a jerk to you..and keep giving you the cold shoulder,” He explains sadly, kisses her cheek and whispers in her ear, “it just has to be this way..for your own protection.” He then looks deeply into her eyes and walks away. A tear escapes Min’s eyes, but she quickly wipes it away.

However, what they didn’t know was that someone was watching them the whole time. The person was heading to the vending machines to get a drink, but hid when she heard Kyuhyun speaking to some girl, then she realized that girl was Kwon Min Ah. She also realized that “her Kyuhyun” liked Kwon Min Ah. She was going to make Min pay, she was going to make it where Min will want or have to leave the school and no one..NO ONE was going to get in her way.

Min got a water bottle from the vending machine and then walks back to the club.

“Min..mianhe..I shouldn’t have said those things in front of everyone” I say disappointed in myself and looking down at the ground.

“It’s okay unnie..no need to apologize! You’re just protecting me as always,” Min says smiling big like ^_^

“YAY!” I exclaim happily that she was happy and I hug her.

“I’m going to put you in five groups of five. Each group will be assigned a different scene they have to act out. I will pass out a slip of paper that will have the numbers one through five on it, the number represents the group you’ll be in. Group one will act out a family. Group two will act out a Boys Over Flowers scene. Group three will act out a royal family. Group four will act out a sibling feud. And lastly group five will act out friends eating at a restaurant,” the teacher explains as she passes out the papers and everyone was getting into their groups, “the next piece of paper I hand you is what character you will play.”

Min, Leeteuk, Kyuhyun, Kim Hyun Joong and I are group two. Leeteuk is going to play Gu Jun Pyo, Kim Hyun Joong is going to play Yoon Ji Hoo, Kyuhyun is going to play So Yi Jung, Min is going to play Chu Ga Eul and I am going to play Geum Jan Di.

“I’ll let you guys decide what all is going to happen in your scene and tomorrow you will act them out. So, please have your lines memorized by tomorrow. This is for me to find out who is able to memorize their lines and who has trouble, that way I can help,” the teacher explains.

After looking over what scenes we can act out from the script, we decide to do the scene where all the characters are at Geum Jan Di’s house eating. Chu Ga Eul decides that they’ll play truth or dare game. We all write down our parts and then discuss how we will act out the scene.

~Rrrrring~

“Ahh..time to go to work…it feels like it’s been such a long day,” I say as I’m putting my notebook and pencil into my backpack.

“I almost forgot that we had work,” Min replies gathering her belongings.

We say good bye and bow to our group members and then quickly leave so we could catch the bus on time.

“You guys take the bus too, huh” Jung Yong Hwa asks.

“Neh,” We say smiling.

The bus arrives and we get on.

“How was your first day? Do you guys like SM University?” He asks as we take our seats in the back.

“We met a lot of interesting people..it was pretty fun for the most part.” I reply and Min nods in agreement.

We continue to chat until it's are stop.

“Ahh my dongsaengs, how was your first day of school?” Yunho oppa asks as he walks over to us with his arms wide open and puts his hands on our shoulders.

“It was interesting and pretty good,Oppa” We reply.

“That’s wonderful and I have even better news,” He says smiling.

“Bwo?” We asks in unison.

“You don’t have to work today because yesterday you actually worked overtime. So if you have any homework or something to study then you can choose a table and do that if you want,” He says.

“Kamsahamnida” We say and bow.

“You’re welcome,” He says, bows and walks back to the cash register.

We findd a table, get our books out and begin to work and study.

“OMO!” I yell suddenly.

“Bwo?” Min asks.

“I forgot that we still have apartments that we still need to look at,” I reply.

“OH YEAH!” Min shouts, “but we really do need to study and memorize our lines.”

“Darn! That is true…” I say trying to think of what we should do.

“Don’t worry about finding an apartment, like I said you can stay at my place until you find your own. It’s not an inconvenience to me, it’s actually pretty nice to have a noisy house for once,” Yunho oppa explains putting two cups of tea on our table.

 “Excuse me, I didn’t mean to overhear you conversation, but I know of an apartment that is vacant that you will be able to rent,” An old nice lady that was sitting next to our table says.

“Jinja? Kamsahamnida..thank you so much for the help,” Min and I say thankfully.

She gives us directions and tells us that whenever we get a chance, to stop by. We tell her that we will stop by tomorrow either during lunch or after school. Yunho oppa looks a little sad. We study until closing time. 

“You guys have been studying the whole time,” Yunho oppa asks.

“Neh,” We sleepily reply.

“You guys are really good students then, but next time at least take a couple of breaks arasso. Ready to go..home?” Yunho oppa asks sounding a little sad.

“Neh..oppa,” We say feeling guilty about leaving especially since he seems to like our presence there.

We gather our stuff and get in his car. We drive home in silence, he wasn’t his usually talkative self and he didn’t once make a move to turn the radio on so we could all sing and jam out to a song we knew. Finally we arrived; we all got out and went inside. Yunho oppa paused for a little bit and sighed listening to the silence.

“I better get used to this again,” He mumbles quietly and walks inside.

We are walking behind him when he suddenly stops. We hear what he mumbles and look at each other sadly..we didn’t know what to do now. We pause for a couple minutes and then walk inside straight to our rooms, get ready for bed, set our alarm clocks and then try to go to sleep.