Wolf

You are a miracle

It was mid in April. High school was hard. Especially the one year where he was splitted with Kyungsoo. But now everything was fine. Jongin was a freshman, and Kyungsoo a sophomore.

 

Jongin had done what he told he would. He protected Kyungsoo as he was his own life. No one even dared to touch him.

 

"Hey, wanna hang out at my place after school?" Jongin asked his friends. All of them shook their heads.

 

"All of you? tell me why?!" Jongin cried out.

 

"Well me and Baekhyun are going to the movies, I guess you could come if you wanted to?" Chanyeol said.

 

"Nah, but thanks man, I don't want to be third wheel," Jongin smiled apologetically, "you Sehun?"

 

"I'm going to study at the library." Jongin shook his head.

 

"I will be joining Sehun, and I guess I will take Joonmyun with me," Jongdae said. Yeah Jongdae was a new friend they gained in high school. He was a sophomore too.

 

"Kyungsoo?" Jongin looked pleading at his best friend.

 

"I'm sorry Jongin-ah, but I got plans," he smiled. Something about that smile sent sparkles through his spine.

 

"What plans?" Jongin asked wondering. What hasn't he heard about?

 

"I'm going on a date with this girl," Kyungsoo blushed. Chanyeol smirked together with Baekhyun and Sehun. Jongdae laughed. Joonmyun smiled. And Jongin was pale.

 

"Congratulations body!" Joonmyun gave him a high five.

 

"I never thought you would leave the friend zone," Jongdae jokingly said.

 

"Wait, what friend zone? Which girl?" Jongin asked confused. Oh lord, he was ready to throw up. No one could touch his hyung. No one.

 

"Kyungsoo didn't tell you? He had this crush on a girl from his class," Joonmyun smiled. No one seemed to notice Jongins sad gaze. Why couldn't Kyungsoo just date him? Wait that sounded gay. How can I say this right? He doesn't want to let go, Kyungsoo was his everything. He needed to be sure his hyung was good before himself.

 

When the two best friends walked home together that day, Jongin didn't talk much. They stopped in front of Jongin house.

 

"See you," Jongin said emotionless and turned around to walk inside. Kyungsoo catched his sleeve and made him turn around to face him.

 

"What's wrong? You seem down," Kyungsoo looked concerned.

 

"It's just. Can you not date that chick?" Jongin breathed out. Oh boy that felt good to say.

 

"Why?" Kyungsoo looked weird at him. The silent came and Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow.

 

"Because I ask you to!" He finally said.

 

"You don't understand," Kyungsoo muttered.

 

"Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean I don't understand!" Jongin said angrily. He had always been mature. He had alway understood Kyungsoo. Was he mad that Kyungsoo didn't tell him about his crush? Yes. Why did he tell Joonmyun and Jongdae?

 

"That wasn't what I meant," Kyungsoo mumbled back.

 

"Then what is that I don't understand!" The two boys looked each other in the eyes.

 

"Just, I don't want to talk about it..."

 

"Oh so you don't want to talk to me about it, but Jongdae and Joonmyun, are you more than willing to run and talk with," said Jongin flippant.

 

"It's difficult!" Kyungsoo hissed. Jongin looked him dead in the eyes and said in a serious tone, "you know I'm more than ready to listen." Kyungsoo stepped back, and that was the sign for Jongin that their fight was over. He didn't want to speak with Kyungsoo more. There he left Kyungsoo standing while he went inside.

 

Jongin threw his bag at the floor and punched his pillow.

 

" my life," he hissed. He needed a miracle. This was his first fight with Kyungsoo.