Talking to Kai....

That Annoying Chinese Deer! (Ft. Cutie Kai)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My heart stops when you look at me. - Unknown. 

Chapter 4: Talking to Kai.... 

I headed to school with a heavy heart. I was sure of one thing; Luhan was mental, and he was trying to make me mental as well. I had to be extra cautious of him from now on. And have to avoid him in school as well. Because of the stupid deer, I couldn't sleep the previous night. And yes...I was thinking about his lips...better to be truthful than lie.

I was looking like the ghost in 'The Ring' movie, told to me by my dearest younger brother, Shin-Kyung. Shin-Kyung is in the last year of middle-school, and I hope he doesn't get into Yesung Academy. The people here are rich bastards, and they treat middle-class people like us in a dirty manner, like we are dung. I hate it and I hate them. Of course, a few of them are nice too, and most of them are in my class, thank god for that. By the way, I reached the school gates. I didn't even notice. Well..I did now. Whatever. 

"Yah!! Shin-Hee!!" I didn't hear someone calling my name. "Yah!! PARK SHIN-HEE!" I snapped out my daze as I looked towards the source of the shout. I saw Sooji running to me, huffing and puffing. "W-what i-is w-wrong w-with you-u?" She managed to get out between her breaths. Sooji is in class 2-D. And Joo-won in 2-B. Yep, to be us. 

"Nothing...I didn't sleep much." I grinned sheepishly at her. She tutted at me, and we entered the gates together. "Joo-won didn't come today. He has to go to his grandmother's house." I nod in response. "Oh, By the way, did you watch yesterday's Pinocchio episode?!" She asked me excitedly. 

Pinocchio?! Yeah right. When I was watching, Halmoni and a deer arrived at my little abode of peace, and disturbed the atmosphere. Of course, I didn't utter those words. "Yeah, Park Shin-Hye cried. Again." I sigh, recalling the almost 30 minutes of the episode which I saw. "She acts better in other dramas." Sooji nodded in response like a genius would. "Nobody asked you to voice out your opinions." I stick my tongue out at her. Park Shin-Hye's my favourite actress, okay?! 

"According to Article..." Blah Blah. I didn't mention that she wanted to be a lawyer, did I? 

"Yes,Yes, I understand." I pulled her along, rolling my eyes. 

____________________

I ignored Luhan for the whole first period. We have homeroom after the first period, that's right. I don't know why though.

"Okay, so the Student Council elections are going to be held. For the vice president of the school council, since the previous one is planning on resigning. Anyone interested, can give their name to the election commission of our school this afternoon." Our class teacher said. So, the vice-president Kim Sung-gyu is resigning. Okay then.. I am kind of interested in giving my name. I mean, it would look good on my application while getting into one of the SKY universities. 

Okay, I'll go for it. I mean, they will have to vote for me, and then, IF I win then I'll be the vice-president.

"Okay, continuing, your seats will be arranged again, since I have been getting some complaints from the girls." I did NOT complain. Chincha. I think it's because the girls want to sit near EXO, and I was actually the only one near them. Behind me, in front of me, everywhere were boys. Great. But they are shifting the seats right? YES. I hope I get to sit away from EXO, well..Luhan in particular. 

"Pick out your numbers!" Our Class Teacher called out. She had kept a box on the table while we packed up our belongings to shift to a new desk. I sigh, bored, and go 3rd. I get a seat in the utmost back, with one seat between me and the window. Well..I like it, but I'd prefer if it was a bit more front.. 

Suddenly, Kai came and sat in the seat between me and the window. NEVERMIND WHAT I WAS SAYING. 

"Um...hello." I greet with my biggest smile. He smiles back at me. "Hello." OMG! KAI TOLD 'HELLO' TO ME IN REAL LIFE, AND NOT JUST IN DREAMS!!! 

He really is super adorable. I suddenly turn my head to look at Luhan. He seemed to be whispering something in some girl's ear, and she was blushing. Okay, so he was joking with me. My eyes widen as they exchange their seat numbers, and Luhan comes over, a little jump in his step. Bwo... He plops down next to my seat. "Hello, Shin-Hee-ah!" He greets cheerfully, and then winks at me. What!? Is this even allowed?! You can just shift your seats with someone else?! There thoughts were running through my head. I look to my left, and then my right. Kai and Luhan. I'm stuck between them. It's okay for Kai to be near me, of course, but Luhan...? If he pulls something like yesterday again, I'm gonna pull my slipper off and slap his head. Stupid Chinese. 

I still don't know why he likes me. Jeez. He thinks I'm this 'Angel', but in reality, I'm just a plain girl in love with one of the Kingkas of the school whom I obviously don't have a chance with, but I won't give up that easily. 

"Hello." I greet back. Let's just act normally in front of Luhan. I decided. He grinned more brightly, his deer-like eyes twinkling. Immediately, Sumgyeodo twinkle eojjeona, 'twinkle twinkle eojjeona' echoed in my head. I've been listening too much of Kpop nowadays. And just like that, without him glancing at me for the whole of homeroom and 2nd period, my morning passed by peacefully. 

_____________

It was now 5th period, and we had Science. I saw that Kai was missing. He always skips classes. My eyes were droopy. I wanted to sleep, since I slept only like 3 hours the previous night. So, I said,"Seonsaengnim, I'm having a migraine, can I please go to the infirmary?" I lie pretty well, you know? 

"Ah, yes, Park-sshi. Here." Sir handed me a hallway pass lazily. He liked me as I was a star student, and I had never skipped classes. Never. But, now I obviously was going to. I bowed, and left the classroom, glancing back at my classmates to see Luhan staring at me for a second, then turning back to listen to the teacher. I forgot that his grades were even better than mine. So..I think I'm second now. Meh. We were just doing revision for 'the cell', which I knew like the back of my hand, so...I wanted to skip. 

I was considering where to go. The roof, or the infirmary. Sure, the infirmary was way more comfortable, with pillows and blankets and super comfortable beds way better than mine, but I decided on the roof ,since there was a first-year class right next to the infirmary, and they made noise like there was no tomorrow. YOLO, or some BS. [YOLO: You only live once. BS: Bull Sh*t.] 

I walked the stairs which led to the roof, and when I did appear at the roof, I opened one of the french doors, which had curtains that were made of silk. SILK, I tell you. And it had curtains. Even more weird. Who puts curtains...for a school's roof door?!

I stepped into the roof, and looked over the campus. It was pretty big, and in the distance, I could see the middle-school and elementary school. I could also spot my street from here, and I saw a lady's purse being stolen from her. I shook my head in disappointment; we should really consider calling the police to be stationed at every corner of the street. 

I shut the curtain, and then closed the door. I could open it from here, since ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter