Advice

We Aren't So Different After All

Kyungsoo stirred awake and stretched his arms around the thing he was holding on to. He blinked a couple times to get most of the fuzziness out of his eyes and observed his surroundings to the best of his just awake abilities. There was little to nothing that resembled his room in this house.... Where was he?

He looked at the thing he was holding since it was closest. A pillow. Just a pillow. He was on a couch with a Spongebob blanket wrapped around him. None of this was his.

"Oh, you're awake?" A familiar and oddly chipper voice said from behind him. Too early for chipper, too early for anything really. He came around the couch and handed Kyungsoo a pill shaped thing and smiled. Oh, this was his glasses case. He sat up and stared at it until he realized the man was talking again. "I went through your bag in case you had glasses, and you did."

Kyungsoo groaned, rubbing his eyes and trying his best to ignore the person in front of him. He opened his case and pulled out round glasses and put them on. That was better, now he could see. "Why did you go thorugh my stuff without my permission?" He asked without missing a beat. Now he was sure that he was at someone else's house, and he was sure it wasn't Chanyeol's. That place always smelled like takeout, despite all of his attempts at cleaning it. Also, Chanyeol wasn't this nice in the morning, he was normally hungover.

"I didn't remember seeing you have contacts in last night so I had to get your glasses so you could see. We kinda had a date last night and you stayed over." Kyungsoo looked at him and realized it was Baekhyun. Wait, he had a date with him last night? He was so out of it right now. "Also, your phone died so I wanted to see if you had a charger or not. Mine didn't fit yours when I noticed, so I had to look for yours. I'm sorry."

"I'm gonna let this go for right now because it's too early in the morning to kick your ." Kyungsoo was still exhausted and didn't want to be talking right now. "Wait, how did you know I wasn't wearing contacts?"

"It's not that hard to see the lines around your iris. You got close to my face a lot last night." Baekhyun stood up and rolled his shoulders back. "We did spend enough time together before all this that it became easy to tell when you were wearing contacts or not."

"Well, are you gonna make breakfast?" Kyungsoo stretched and ran a hand through his hair, noticing Baekhyun looking him over when he did it. "I can make it, if you want." He unwrapped the blanket from around him and went to stand up when he was pushed right back down.

"I was going to make it." Baekhyun shrugged off Kyungsoo's offended look and smiled again. "I can make eggs, okay?"

"Fine." Kyungsoo waited for him to walk away before he stood up again, then he stretched fully. "Did you see if someone called me?"

"I think Junmyeon hyung did, earlier." Baekhyun looked back at him and let his eyes run over his body, free of obstruction of Spongebob blanket. He looked nice for it being 9 in the morning and he just woke up. This was definitely a good idea to make him come over for the second date.

There were a couple missed calls from Junmyeon, and a myriad of texts from Chanyeol. It was too early to try to deal with that hyung. "I'm calling him, okay?"

"Probably a good idea." Baekhyun didn't leave the kitchen but he did get just close enough so he could hear Kyungsoo's part of the conversation clearly.

Beep. Beep. Beep. "Kyungsoo! You're not dead!" God, it was a bad idea to call Junmyeon too. He sounded too happy for... What was this? 8? 9 in the morning? "I've been calling all morning!"

"Yeah, I could tell." 13 calls to be precise. Kyungsoo unconsciously walked from one side of the living room to the other. "What do you need this badly?"

"Yixing has something he has to tell you that's really important, and also I need you to clean my house while I'm gone later, okay?" Junmyeon was so excited about something. Kyungsoo couldn't help but scowl at his loudness, so he turned volume of the call down. "Hey, it only takes you 5 calls at most to wake you up, what happened last night?"

"I kinda went on a date, hyung." Kyungsoo didn't see Baekhyun's smile as he finished the scrambled eggs. He acknowledged it was a date! He didn't just say that he was with a friend! Baekhyun was so happy he could explode.

"Oh." The line went quiet for a second, but Junmeon picked right back up. "Well, I'm sorry then."

"Don't be. We just stayed up for a while and watched movies and went to bed. I just woke up." Kyungsoo sighed, but continued. "I need to leave after I have breakfast anyway, so you aren't interrupting much."

Actually, he was messing up the time Baekhyun could have been spending with him, but whatever. Their eyes met and Baekhyun smiled, getting an apologetic one right back. This prompted the younger man to start walking to the kitchen.

"Am I allowed to know who-?" Junmyeon was cut off by Kyungsoo.

"I had a date with Baekhyun." Kyungsoo came to the kitchen and leaned on the counter next to Baekhyun himself. Even with the volume turned down so low, Baekhyun could hear Junmyeon's gasp. "I know, I know-"

Now Kyungsoo was the one who was cut off. "Oh my god, really? That's so exciting!" Junmyeon was yelling so much that Kyungsoo was forced to take the phone off his ear. "You guys would make such a cute couple, I'm so jealous!"

Baekhyun took the phone because Kyungsoo was holding it out too much and laughed. "Hyung, are you really being like this?" He asked, half talking half laughing because he thought Junmyeon's reaction was so genuine and funny.

"Yes! Of course! I'm surprised you guys are even together, I thought you hated each other for the longest time." Junmyeon had calmed down some, but it was still loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear it. Baekhyun almost thought his ear was going to fall off. No wonder Kyungsoo took it off his ear.

"You turned this down and he's still this loud?" Baekhyun mouthed to Kyungsoo, and recieved a nod to tell him that it was true. "It's only the second date, hyung. Things can change." Baekhyun looked over just in time to see Kyungsoo's cheeks flush before the younger man turned around and looked around the kitchenette for bread of any sort.

Junmyeon sighed, finally gaining the composure he was known for, despite it being quite weird that he could go through emotions so quickly. "Can I give some advice then?" He was now quiet enough for Kyungsoo not to hear.

"Sure." Baekhyun wondered what he had to say to just him and not the both of them like he was basically doing. "Go for it."

"Kiss him before he leaves, okay?" Baekhyun's face dropped his famous smile. What was he saying? "Kiss him on the lips."

"Um, why?" Baekhyun was trying to play it cool while Kyungsoo finally found some bread that wasn't bad. All the moldy ones immediately went into the trash without Baekhyun putting up a fight.

"He's literally not kissed since the last time he was in a drama, so can you kiss him?" Junmyeon's voice sounded like he was completely serious, which was making Baekhyun a lot more nervous than he'd like to be in front of his date. "I know couples that have went straight to having on the third date, and I know you guys must be taking it slow, but please just kiss him already."

Baekhyun sighed, trying to regain his composure now. "Well, I'll be sure to do that. Is that it?" Baekhyun just wants to give Kyungsoo the phone back now, so he doesn't have to feel so embarrassed at what his hyung so bluntly said.

"No, I have one more thing for you." Junmyeon giggled on the other side of the phone. "As long as you actually do like him, I'll give you two my blessing."

"Ugh, hyung, you're so lame." Baekhyun couldn't hide the smile he had now, "Here, talk to Kyungsoo again, okay?"

Kyungsoo put the phone up to his ear and smiled. "So, when are you leaving, hyung?"

"Closer to 11, but Yixing and I will be here when you come, okay?" Junmyeon's tone of voice went back to the chipper it was before, now making Kyungsoo smile since he was quieter. "Oh, can I ask you something important?"

"What hyung?" Kyungsoo's toast popped up and he put them on the plate with the cooling scrambled eggs. "Is it serious?"

"Well kinda." Kyungsoo had no idea what Junmyeon was going to set him up to do. "Before you go, can you kiss Baekhyun on the lips?"

"What? Why?" Kyungsoo was confused on the fact that he wasn't objected to the idea of doing it, but felt like he had to act this way to keep his cool. If this was brought up before the were set up, Kyungsoo would have hurt Junmyeon. Why was he okay with the idea of kissing Baekhyun? Why was he so receptive to this idea that would not have come up if none of this ever happened?

"He hasn't had a decent loving kiss since even before he and Taeyeon broke up, and you guys seem like you actually like each other, so would you mind doing this? If not for me, at least for him?" Kyungsoo felt his face flush, but he shook it to hide it, since Baekhyun had just looked at him. Neither knew that Junmyeon said this to both of them, he was trying to set up something really loving between them.

"I'll... I'll be sure to do that. Don't worry, hyung." Kyungsoo noticed that Baekhyun was now making more scrambled eggs and elected to ignore it. "Well, I'll see you.. How about 10-ish? Closer to 10:30, actually?"

"Sounds great. We'll be here. See you later, Kyungsoo." Junmyeon hung up before Kyungsoo could say goodbye, but Kyungsoo was used to it.

"So you need to leave soon, huh?" Baekhyun asked, as he stirred around the eggs to make sure they were done. Kyungsoo grabbed his plate and shrugged. "Don't worry, I understand. You have a job to do."

"Yeah." Kyungsoo walked over to the dining room very slowly. "He said Yixing had something to tell me too, so it's not all for work."

"Well, let's finish breakfast anyway." Baekhyun put his eggs on a seperate plate and came into the dining room to join him.

 

The topics of the breakfast conversation went from breakfast itself to gossiping about Junmyeon to many other weird things. They had fun talking to each other, jumping from subject to subject and laughing constantly. Months ago, this would have never happened between them. Taeyeon didn't like Kyungsoo very much, so they really didn't get to talk, and they really grew apart. Once Baekhun broke up with her (more like the other way around), he started reaching out to everyone again, and tried to get close again. However, when he tried to get close to Kyungsoo, they argued the entire time. They had barely spoken after that, not until Chanyeol set them up. It was odd how much things had changed so quickly.

 

Kyungsoo gathered all of his things and had gotten dressed and got ready to leave. They kept talking up until they got to the door and both were suddenly at a loss for words. All the glances at each other's lips were not as subtle as they thought they were. Kyungsoo was torn between if he should do as Junmyeon said he should or if he should just leave. He especially wondered what Baekhyun would even think if he tried and he was frozen in place. Baekhyun felt the same and they stared at each other.

"I... I should really start to get going." Kyungsoo said as he opened the door. He looked at his feet and stepped away just a little. He was so confused on what he should do and it made him very, very nervous.

"Yeah, I'd hate if you were late to the thing you have to do." Baekhyun smiled and got embarrassed. Should he do it? He reached out and grabbed Kyungsoo's hand and pulled him back and hugged him. Kyungsoo fit in his arms almost perfectly. It made Baekhyun really nervous, but tried his best to keep his cool. He let go first, and smiled down at Kyungsoo. "I'll text you sometime, okay?"

"Yeah... I'll text you too." Kyungsoo didn't let go of his hand and squeezed it. Biting his lip, he looked away before meeting their eyes together. "I.. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay." Baekhyun smiled and felt like he blushed. He waved and started closing the door behind him, but said one last thing to him. "I'll see you later."

 

Kyungsoo started walking out, way too nervous to do the one thing that Junmyeon told him he should do. He got further down the hallway and felt bad. It could have just been a peck on the lips! Yet he couldn't do it. He was so nervous that he just didn't do it. He was almost to the elevator when his wrist grabbed. He didn't have a chance to say anything before lips were pressed against his own.

 

(A/N: I've had no motivation but I'm back. Expect very slow updates. Also, thank you guys for 110 subs! I've never expected so many on such a silly story, and I'm so happy that you guys thought it was interesting! I'll try to be better in the future and thank you again! I love you guys!)