Blind Date

We Aren't So Different After All

This was a joke. It had to be a joke. Chanyeol set him on a blind date with Byun Baekhyun? He fit the entire description that Chanyeol sent to him. That . Just judging by the look on Baekhyun's face, he was tricked too.

"Damn." Baekhyun said when Kyungsoo put his coat on the back of the chair and sat down. Baekhyun leaned back in his chair and got a scowl on his face. "Chanyeol promised a hot brunette, and I got you."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "I am a brunette. But he lied to me too, so shut up about it."

Knowing Baekhyun however, he wasn't going to. "At least he gave you what you wanted." Baekhyun smirked and flipped his honey colored hair out of his face. There was no stopping his annoying confidence.

"Actually he said I was gonna get a girl with black hair." Kyungsoo lied before looking at the menu. At least there was spaghetti to take his mind off of the annoying person across from him. Baekhyun really did fit the whole description, as horrible as it was.

"Oh." Baekhyun frowned and sat up straight. He pat his dress shirt down to attempt to get rid of wrinkles. "Now I feel sorry."

"You shouldn't. It's just him being an  again. I'm used to it." Kyungsoo looked for the drinks in the elaborately detailed menu and couldn't find them. He swore to himself before saying it out loud. "Damn! Where are the drinks in this menu?"

"The first page, inside." Baekhyun pointed out as if he had it memorized. "But he's an to you? That boy is more in love with you than anything."

Kyungsoo laughed out loud. "I guess he has an odd way of showing love then." Kyungsoo looked over the drinks and smiled seeing that they served soda here instead of super fancy stuff. "Oh, thanks."

"For what?" Baekhyun asked, him finally looking through the menu.

"Telling me where the drinks were." Kyungsoo flashed a smile at his date, but he didn't see. "Thanks."

"You would have found it on your own, I'm sure." Baekhyun didn't even look up. "You're welcome anyway."

Things between them grew silent and it annoyed Kyungsoo. "I have a question." He finally said to break it, making Baekhyun look up.

"I might have an answer." Baekhyun put the menu down and started drumming his fingers on the table while he waited.

"Why did you ask Chanyeol to set you up on a blind date?" Kyungsoo looked around and noticed that they were the only men on a date together. It made him slightly nervous and awkward feeling. "I'm sure you could get one on your own easy."

"Correction, I am very capable at getting one night stands, but they don't seem to like me the day after." Baekhyun held his finger up from 'correction' and kept holding it up. "I guess blind dating is the life for me then."

"You're Byun Baekhyun, why don't people like you? Wait, I know why, you're annoying and childish." Kyungsoo recieved a glare from Baekhyun and grinned.

"One day, I'm gonna find someone better than Taeyeon and I'm going to be happy okay? Someone is gonna love me for me." Baekhyun said with a bite to his voice. "Until I find that person, I'm gonna have to trust Chanyeol to find someone who might like to get to know me better."

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows. That was a lot more than he was expecting from Baekhyun. "Okay... I'm sorry." Baekhyun scoffed and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Why don't you believe me?"

"Because you can be as much of an you say Chanyeol is." Baekhyun raise an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"Only to you." Baekhyun stuck out his bottom lip and bounced his head side to side. Kyungsoo could almost see the wheels turning in his head.

"Okay. Okay. Fine. Why did you ask Chanyeol to set you up on a blind date?" Baekhyun asked, back to leaning on the table. Kyungsoo glared at him and huffed.

"Girls don't like me, I guess." Kyungsoo said plainly. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow again.

"Oh come on. You're Do Kyungsoo, basically every girls wet dream in a petite man package." Baekhyun said with a grin and a shrug. "Tell me I'm wrong."

"I'm not petite." Baekhyun blew a raspberry and waved his hand.

"You call me a petite fragile man who could break if the wind picked up too much." Baekhyun grinned again. "You're just smaller than me. I'm sure that you're gonna do the same."

"Shut up." Kyungsoo smiled, not because he was happy but because he had a point.

"Y'know, Kyungsoo, I'm sure that if you go to a gay bar, you'll have like.. Ionno? Like at least 4 guys hitting on you." Baekhyun drummed his fingers on the table again and looked around.

"Oh how would you know? You go to gay bars often?" Kyungsoo asked to make fun of him.

"If you haven't noticed we're the only guys on a date here." Baekhyun motioned around the restuarant and laughed a little. "People already think we're gay. I don't think the fact that either of us have been to gay bars matters right now."

"I haven't been to one." Kyungsoo was lying. It was a couple weeks ago to see if he'd have better luck there and just like Baekhyun said, he had 4 guys hitting on him there. He almost went home with one of them too.

"Bull. You came to the bar I work at a couple weeks ago." Baekhyun almost snorted because he started giggling. "You almost went home with that one guy, don't lie."

"Maybe." Kyungsoo glared at him but had a smile on his face. "What were you doing there? Were you one of the hookers or what?"

"I'm a bartender you idiot." Baekhyun laughed. "I'm sure if I was a hooker, I'd still be making a better living than you."

"Why would you want to be one anyway? You want the D from random guys?" Kyungsoo started laughing.

"I bet I could get guys like Junmyeon to come back for more." Baekhyun looked Kyungsoo over with a smile. "But I'm sure that if you were a hooker too, he'd go to you more."

"Why?" Kyungsoo was surprised that their conversation started out normal (for them at least) and somehow turned into this. "Enlighten me."

"Those lips of yours can score you more guys." Baekhyun pointed at Kyungsoo's lips. "I may be cute, but you're cuter. Only by a little bit, but still."

"My lips? I'm horrible at flirting if you haven't noticed." Kyungsoo leaned back and tilted his head to the side. Baekhyun's constant pridefulness was annoying and he just wanted to hit him.

"Not your flirting skills." Baekhyun laughed and raised his eyebrows suggestively at Kyungsoo. "That guy who was hitting on you at the bar only wanted you to his . When you went to the bathroom, he was bragging to his friends that he was gonna get laid 'with that shortie with the big eyes and the - lips'. Literally everyone knew that he was talking about you."

"Really?" Kyungsoo started swearing and it cracked Baekhyun up. Then the waiter came to get their orders.

 

"Well, now that we're off that topic." Kyungsoo started, but was distracted by Baekhyun being weird. "What the hell are you doing?"

Baekhyun put his arms in his shirt and was flopping his sleeves around wildly. Both of them started laughing but Baekhyun tried to explain and looked completely serious about it (which cracked Kyungsoo up more). "I'm trying to think what it would be like if T rex's had sleeves instead of the tiny arms." He hit himself in the face with his sleeve and started laughing again.

"How did you even think of this?" Kyungsoo asked, just watching himself embarrass himself in the middle of the restuarant. "We were talking about being hookers and now you're a dinosaur? What the hell happened?"

Baekhyun put his sleeves on his head and then put his arms through them to be a normal person. "I like it better when you're laughing with me." Baekhyun shrugged and smiled. "It was a good idea at the time."

"I'm embarrassed by you." Kyungsoo was distracted by getting his soda so he couldn't keep going with that. Both men ordered and had the menus taken away. "But as I was saying, I'm embarrassed by you."

"It's better to be embarrassing than someone with a stick up their all the time." Baekhyun laughed and leaned on the table again. He took a drink out of his soda and smiled at Kyungsoo. "Like Kris before he realized that being an embarrssing dad was the role he was born for. Don't be him. Just be embarrassing."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "How do you even live?" Kyungsoo asked with a smile. "How did you even get laid?"

"If I'm trying to get laid, then I flirt heavily. Maybe the reason girls never stay is because they see how embarrassing I am the next day. Hmm." Baekhyun looked up and looked like he was thinking.

"I bet you're still using that dumb childs blanket that Chanyeol got you for Christmas last year. You know, with the-"

"Oh I am! Yeah, I know what you're talking about. But it's so comfy though." Baekhyun laughed and covered his face. "Damn, I need to get adult blankets sometime."

"It's not as bad as Tao's Hello Kitty blanket, at least." Kyungsoo said with a laugh. "Somehow Sehun still stays with him, and I don't understand that."

"Sehun acts like he's embarrassed by it but really he loves it." Baekhyun smiled. "I'm not as bad as them."

"They still get laid though." He shrugged. "It may be with each other but still."

"I want a relationship like theirs." Baekhyun laughed. "For all I know, it could be with you but Ionno."

"You're out of your mind." Kyungsoo kicked Baekhyun under the table and laughed. "You're gonna need a lot more than this one date to get start saying things like that. You ."

"Are you saying that you're thinking about it? Do Kyungsoo, you've changed. I don't know if this is a good change, but I'm willing to find out." Baekhyun kicked him back and they started playing footsie under the table. "If I win, you're coming on another date with me, but it'll be a movie night at my house."

"You're already taking me to your home? Naughty."

"What if you win?" Baekhyun was winning, but he wanted this to be an actual bet.

"If I win.... Ow! that hurt, you ." Kyungsoo said with a glare over the table. "If I win, you'll take me shopping at an expensive clothing shop and pay for what I get."

"Deal." Baekhyun and Kyungsoo really started going at it. The unspoken agreement they had was when one had to stop for real because it really hurt.

Guess who won.

" yeah it was me!" Baekhyun laughed and celebrated. People looked at him like he was a freak, but he didn't care. "Movie night!"

Kyungsoo rubbed his shins and glared at him. "Text me your address." He lost to that idiot, how annoying.

"I'll do it now." Baekhyun pulled out his phone and started going through his contacts. "This is your current number right?" He showed Kyungsoo the number and he nodded.

"I don't have your number." Kyungsoo said when he pulled his phone out and saw Baekhyun's message. "You really only live 10 minutes away from me? How did that happen?"

"Hey! Save my number first." Baekhyun laughed. "What should your name be in my contacts?"

"I don't know. I'm saving your's under ''." Kyungsoo laughed and looked up at Baekhyun. "I'm surprised I haven't saved someone's number under that yet."

"I'll save your's under.... I can't do , that's Jongdae's." Kyungsoo laughed again.

"Put me under something cute." Kyungsoo said with a smile before drinking his soda.

"I'll just do 'Soo' for you." Baekhyun put his phone on the table and they were surprised the the waiters sudden appearance with their dinners.

 

"How does next Tuesday sound? I'm off work then." Baekhyun said with a smile between bites of his burger.

"For what?"

"The movie night." Baekhyun said with his mouth full before swallowing and sighing. "How about you? Are you off work on Tuesday?"

"Yeah. That's in less than a week." Kyungsoo took a bite of his spaghetti and smiled while eating.

"Feel free to bring pajama pants. We might be doing an all nighter." Baekhyun laughed when he saw Kyungsoo's eyes widen. "I meant with movies, you ert. The second date is way too early to be doing stuff."

"I don't wear pajama pants." Kyungsoo looked down at his food to hide a light blush.

"Ugh. Just bring clothes for tomorrow and other stuff you might need okay? You gross human being."

"I don't sleep !" Kyungsoo kicked him under the table again. "I just don't wear pajama pants. I thought you'd remember because Chanyeol made fun of me for it."

"Whatever you say. I'll see you next Tuesday then, right?" Baekhyun smiled. "I'll text you."

"Yeah." Kyungsoo agreed and they smiled at each other again.

 

They finished dinner and split the bill. They walked out and went their own ways home. Kyungsoo sighed and pulled at his own hair. They really hit it off, how annoying. And now they had a second date at his place. How did this happen? Maybe Kyungsoo was over thinking this, or maybe they really were good together, either way, it was all Chanyeol's fault for setting them up. This was going to be either amazing or it would be a trainwreck waiting to happen, and Kyungsoo almost wanted the second choice.