Movie Night

We Aren't So Different After All

Kyungsoo looked down at phone and the flowers in his hand. This was definitely Baekhyun's apartment. He sighed and dropped his phone onto his bag he had at his feet. He hoped Baekhyun would like the flowers. Bright red roses, just like Chanyeol told him to get. That's right, Chanyeol told him to get Baekhyun flowers for their second date. He angrily shivered at those two words. Second date. Implying that a first one happened. And, that he liked it enough to come when Baekhyun told him to.

He stared at the door. Peeling, brown paint to expose matte white underneath covered the door. A dull doorknob with a just as dull lock above it. One little peep hole that he was sure Baekhyun could see him through, looking so nervous about it. Why was this door so interesting when he was supposed to be knocking and getting inside and watching movies?

He didn't even raise his hand to knock before it opened and Baekhyun was smiling on the other side. He saw it surprise Kyungsoo, and frowned. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He laughed awkwardly. "You've been standing out there for a couple minutes and you haven't knocked and I didn't even know if you wanted to come in at all-"

"Have you been watching me through the peep hole?" Kyungsoo forgot all about the flowers and was waving them around with his arms. "What a creep."

"I may or may not have been waiting for you for half an hour." Baekhyun kept laughing awkwardly, which made Kyungsoo feel better a little. "I didn't mean to be creepy. Umm, I see that you brought a bag for clothes and stuff, right?"

Kyungsoo nodded and grabbed it and his phone, and finally noticed his flowers in his hand and sighed loudly and face palmed. "Yeah, you said we might be pulling an all-nighter, so I brought stuff."

"Good. It took all day, but I cleaned up my house and washed my sheets and stuff." Baekhyun grinned at Kyungsoo and ran a hand through his hair. Then he laughed and covered his face. "Ooh... That sounds like I'm planning something naughty. I'm not, I just cleaned them in case you wanted to sleep there."

"Umm..." Kyungsoo held the small bouquet out in front of him. Baekhyun smiled and played along like Kyungsoo had them hidden behind his back. "Chanyeol told me to get you flowers."

"They're beautiful, Kyungsoo." Baekhyun took them from Kyungsoo and smelled them. "Thank you."

Baekhyun motioned for him to come inside with him, and Kyungsoo did gladly. He didn't get the chance to look around before he was surprised again by a sudden kiss on the cheek. "What was that for?" Kyungsoo asked after the door closed behind him.

"I thought it was a more appropriate thank you than just 'thanks'." Baekhyun laughed awkwardly and covered his face again. "I'm sorry."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and grinned as he looked around the small apartment. His living room, dining room, and kitchen (more like a kitchenette) were all part of this main room. His television was a giant box with smaller boxes on it as his dvr and movie player. It was on a table across from the couch and looked like if it could give in to weight of the tv at anytime, it would. Underneath the table were stacks upon stacks of dvds. His couch looked like it was falling apart and the fabric over everything was ratty. His chairs in the dining room were plastic, and the table looked like it would break under just being touched. The cupboards in the kitchenette looked like they could barely hold anything, and like they were going to fall off the wall if touched wrong. Everything was so... outdated.

"I never thought you would go this far to impress me, cleaning everything like you did." Kyungsoo went farther inside and put his bag on the ground to the side of the couch. "Everything looks okay."

"I tried really hard, no matter how horrible everything looks." Baekhyun came up next to him and smiled. "And I know what you're thinking, yes. I did get everything at a thrift store and most of it's working well."

That was exactly what Kyungsoo was thinking.

"My room is that same way with stuff from a thrift store, except for the sheets and stuff. I've been saving up to replace my horrible bathroom." Baekhyun pointed at a door on the the right side. "That's the bathroom, and the other door, on this side," he pointed to the door on the left, "that's my bedroom."

Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun's face and saw the smile he had on it and mimicked it. "I thought everything would have been like expensive or something. Like you just seem like that type of guy."

"Nah," Baekhyun laughed, but it sounded forced, "since Taeyeon kicked me out, I've had to move into a little thing like this. Bartending pays the bills but it doesn't do much more than that."

"Oh, okay." Kyungsoo nodded. "This makes more sense now."

Baekhyun put an arm around his shoulder. "Soo, if you haven't noticed, but I can make a lot of sense when I want to."

Kyungsoo pushed his arm off and glared at him. He smiled immediately after but rolled his eyes. "Just like last week when you told me you were gonna take me home 3 days after the first date?"

"Hey! I'm not doing naughty things with you yet-" Baekhyun had grabbed onto Kyungsoo's shoulders and shook him lightly. Kyungsoo dragged him backwards after hearing 'yet' and pulled him onto the couch while he fell backwards. "Wah!"

"Are you sure you mean yet? It looks like you're trying to take advantage of me from where I am." Kyungsoo grinned and stared at his confused older friend. "You're a dirty man, Baekhyun. How dare you?"

"Hey! You pulled me here!" Baekhyun yelled, trying to get up from just above Kyungsoo, but was pulled down by the collar of his shirt. "What are you doing?"

"What movie should we watch?" Kyungsoo moved his leg in such a way to make Baekhyun slip and fall onto his body. (Not his best idea, he's ever had) "I'm thinking- Ow!"

(Definitely not his best idea) Baekhyun pulled away and may have kneed him in the crotch in his escape. "What the hell was that, Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun asked, after standing himself up behind the couch so Kyungsoo couldn't reach him.

"...I don't know." Kyungsoo looked up at him and lost the big grin he had on his face. "I thought it would be funny."

"This is just the second date, there was no need to do that." Baekhyun reached over the couch and poked his cheek. He leaned over the back and stared at Kyungsoo with a smile on his face. "Unless you really want me that badly, then I can't blame you." Baekhyun winked and stood up straight before Kyungsoo could grab him.

"You're an idiot." Kyungsoo sat up and put his back against the back to the seat and rested his head on the top of it to look up at Baekhyun.

"I know." Baekhyun grinned and put his hands on either side of Kyungsoo's head and looked down at him. "I just realized I don't know what you do anymore."

"Like my job?" It was so dark in Baekhyun's house all of a sudden.

"Yeah." Baekhyun was still bright comparatively.

"I'm a maid for hire." Kyungsoo laughed at what he said. "That didn't make any sense."

"I understood." Baekhyun pushed hair out of Kyungsoo's face and smiled down at him. "Like, what do you do?"

"I clean. What did you expect?" Kyungsoo smiled back up at him. "Did you think that maybe I do a little more than what I'm paid for so I can get more money?"

Baekhyun shrugged. "It wouldn't hurt."

"I am not going to everyone's just to get tips, you idiot." Kyungsoo laughed and covered his face.

"By everyone, you mean the rest of EXO?" Baekhyun had to be sure.

"Yes. It's mostly Chanyeol I work for... That boy cannot keep his house clean for a day, I swear." Kyungsoo uncovered his eyes and raised an eyebrow when he saw that Baekhyun covered his eyes too.

"Peekaboo~" Baekhyun said when he uncovered his eyes and he started laughing. "That wasn't as funny as I thought it was." Kyungsoo just laughed with him. "So like, you work for Chanyeol? How much does he pay you?"

"Not much, but with what I make when I clean the rest of the week, it pays the bills and it's a pretty stable job." Kyungsoo shrugged. "My apartment is bigger than yours, I think."

"Everyone's houses and apartments are bigger than mine." Baekhyun laughed and decided it was safe enough to walk around the couch and sit next to him. He looked over at Kyungsoo, who decided to stop looking up and smiled at him. "Hey, have you had dinner? I can try to make something."

Kyungsoo laughed a little. "Baekhyun, I think I'm gonna be fine."

"You don't trust me to make dinner? Rude." Baekhyun said with a huff before laughing again. He put his arm on the back of the couch, behind Kyungsoo's shoulders and leaned his head on his shoulder to stare at Kyungsoo better.

"Didn't Taeyeon make dinner when you were together?" Kyungsoo asked, leaning his head on Baekhyun's arm and staring back at him.

"Well, yeah. But we've been apart for months and unlike Chanyeol, I know how to cook things. It may be-"

"Toast? Cereal?" Kyungsoo cut him off and grinned at Baekhyun's annoyed face. Baekhyun just rolled his eyes. "You can make popcorn, right?"

"I can make all of that too, but I can make ramyun all by myself. And I know how to stir-fry chicken and veggies too." Baekhyun used his hand that was behind Kyungsoo's and started touching his hair. Kyungsoo didn't say anything about it, so he kept doing it.

"I'm proud of you Baekhyun. You've survived for so long only knowing ramyun and stir-fry." Kyungsoo said, patting his leg like a supportive parent.

"I can try to make other things too~ I just need a recipe." Baekhyun pouted, and then laughed.

"Have you had dinner yet? Did you remember to do that while you were waiting for me?" Kyungsoo asked, looking over Baekhyun to his kitchen to see that it was clear of anything that would have resembled dishes from just making food. His apartment didn't even smell like he made something.

Baekhyun was silent and bit his lip. "Maybe not." He said in a barely audible whisper.

"Here, let's go make something for dinner anyway." Kyungsoo got up and grabbed Baekhyun's hand and pulled him up next to himself. "What do you have to eat here?"

"You don't need to do this." Baekhyun said, keeping a firm hold on Kyungsoo's hand as he went to the kitchen.

"The same could be said about that kiss on the cheek and inviting me to your house." Kyungsoo looked back at him and smiled a little. "But that didn't stop you, so I'm gonna make you some dinner anyway."

Baekhyun looked down and his lips. "Kyungsoo."

"Yeah?"

"What will you make?" Baekhyun asked with a small smile.

"Ramyun, probably. How about you choose the movie?" Kyungsoo smiled and was finally released from Baekhyun's grasp to go to the kitchen. He looked back once and smiled at Baekhyun who was still standing there. "Where do you keep it?"

"There should be a packet in one of the bottom cupboards somewhere." Kyungsoo nodded and started going through his kitchen. He open a couple of them and found nothing and then the last one he was going to check had a couple packages of ramyun. "Do you want to watch Tangled?"

Kyungsoo laughed as he grabbed a pan and started prepping the ramyun. "I wasn't expecting Disney movies~ I thought you would say some dumb romcom or something."

"Well, I'm like 10, so I'm choosing Tangled." Baekhyun said back to him with a louder laugh as it sounded like he put in the dvd player. "Soo, do you want some popcorn?"

"We can make some later. I'd rather share the ramyun with you first." Kyungsoo said, hearing Baekhyun walk into the kitchen behind him.

"But what if we get the same noodle and end up-" Baekhyun stopped talking and started mumbling incoherently with a lot of hand movements.

"If we kiss, we kiss. It's not like it's not gonna happen sometime anyway. You're my boyfriend, so it's expected." Oh no. Oh no. Did he really just say that? Kyungsoo wanted to swear loudly and just leave.

Baekhyun's reaction was much more unexpected though. "I- Umm... I think.. I'm just gonna go change into my pajamas... Right now. Yeah." Baekhyun said before backing away and walking to his bedroom.

After he made sure Baekhyun was safely in his room, Kyungsoo sighed. How could he just say that? He really liked the sound of it when he thought of Baekhyun- What? No. He's supposed to be annoyed to no end by that man, not thinking of him as boyfriend material for real.

The audio track for the title screen started its cycle again and Kyungsoo was confused.

 

Baekhyun on the other hand wanted to squeal. Kyungsoo called him his boyfriend! He was really happy to hear that word come out of his mouth about him. He laughed to himself quietly, in case Kyungsoo could hear from the kitchen. Did this mean that he could call Kyungsoo his boyfriend too?

No.

Kyungsoo wouldn't like that. It was probably an accident, calling him his boyfriend like that. He was going to have to adk him later, after they had at least one movie under their belts.

But still, Baekhyun was elated that Kyungsoo said that.

 

Kyungsoo was pouring the ramyun into a large bowl he found when Baekhyun came out. "Baekhyun, I'm going to change in the bathroom, okay? Don't start the movie without me." Kyungsoo put the pan back on the stove and grabbed some chopsticks and stirred it around.

"Okay." Baekhyun nodded and walked past him to get the ramyun and bring it into the living room. "Don't worry."

Kyungsoo smiled widely at him and grabbed his bag and went into the small bathroom. Inside the bathroom, it was much worse than the rest of the house in it's outdated-ness. Kyungsoo was almost afraid to touch anything in case it would break, but then he remembered that Baekhyun uses it everyday, so it was fine.

He dug through his bag and swore loudly. He didn't mean for it to be so loud, but Baekhyun heard it. It wasn't anything serious, he just couldn't find his pajama pants he could have sworn he had in this bag.

"Kyungsoo, is everything alright?" Baekhyun's voice sounded worried on the other side, and it made Kyungsoo feel a little better.

"Yeah. Don't worry." Kyungsoo said back and bith his lip.

"Okay, well if there's anything wrong, you tell me, okay?" Baekhyun sounded like he had walked away and Kyungsoo sighed. He decided to look through his bag again, and nothing. No pajama pants, or sweat pants. He swore under his breath and decided to still change into his pajama shirt and go out anyway.

"Baekhyun, is this okay?" Kyungsoo asked, coming out of the bathroom to see the elder standing behind the couch and messing with the remote for the dvd player.

Baekhyun looked up from what he was messing with on the tv and gave him a quick once over. "Kyungsoo, did you not bring pajama pants?" Kyungsoo shook his head and looked at his feet. "Y'know, I told you that you should have brought some on that first date, right?"

"Yeah, I know." Kyungsoo said sarcastically, walking over to the couch and sitting on the leftmost cushion.

"Would you like to borrow some shorts or something?" Baekhyun stared at him from up close now and smiled a little.

"If you don't want me pants-less, then I'd say yes, but I'm more comfortable like this." Kyungsoo said before smiling a little too.

"Then you aren't wearing any pants." Baekhyun said with a loud laugh. "Hey, can you get the blanket off my bed? I'll go get the ramyun."

Kyungsoo nodded and got up and started off towards Baekhyun's small bedroom. He got in and the blanket that was on his bed cracked him. "Baekhyun, you're really using the Spongebob blanket?" Kyungsoo asked, grabbing it up and walking back into the living room with it.

"Of course! That thing was a gift and I'll be an idiot not to use a gift I got from a friend." Baekhyun walked in and put the bowl on the coffee table with two sets of chopsticks in it.

"I got you..." Kyungsoo couldn't remember.

"A enlongating device that you bought with my account on some online store." Baekhyun sat on the couch and pat the spot next to him for Kyungsoo.

"Have you used it?" Kyungsoo asked with a naughty smile on his face.

"I put it in one of the cabinets Taeyeon didn't use very often so I wouldn't have to keep it. It's still in it's package." Baekhyun laughed and pulled Kyungsoo closer to him and then pulled the blanket over them.

"Smart move." Kyungsoo messed with the blanket so it would be more comfortable, and then Baekhyun grabbed the bowl and put it on their laps. "I wonder if it really works."

"I think Minseok got one." Baekhyun said before getting the remote and pressing the enter button. "But let's talk about that some other time, the movie's starting.

 

They sat through the entire movie and tried finishing the ramyun but they couldn't because they were laughing too much. Luckily, they didn't do what Baekhyun was afraid would happen. Baekhyun stretched and leaned back into the couch to look at Kyungsoo's smile. "Who was your favorite character?" He asked watching Kyungsoo stand up and stretch. He wanted to say something about his boxers, but didn't so Kyungsoo wouldn't yell at him for being a ert.

"I really liked Maximus and Pascal." Kyungsoo grabbed the almost finished bowl and started heading to the kitchen.

"I thought you would." Baekhyun giggled. "I liked Flynn because it reminds me of myself and my roguishly good looks."

"Don't push it, Baekhyun." Kyungsoo said with a laugh. "I'm gonna make some popcorn."

"Soo, do you want to watch a romcom or would it be okay to watch another animated movie?" Baekhyun got up and took the disc out to put it back in its case.

"Whatever you want." Kyungsoo said, looking back into the living room to watch Baekhyun.

"How about Wreck-It Ralph?" Baekhyun asked, while taking it out of the case.

"I really like that one! Yeah!" Kyungsoo said with a laugh. He stopped for a minute and looked around. "Baekhyun, do you have any drinks?"

"Check the fridge~ If you find something you want, get me one too." Baekhyun waited for the disc to go in cleanly and then he walked back to the kitchen and leaned on one of the counters. "Hey, I have a question too."

"What?" Kyungsoo grabbed root beers and handed him one.

"Did you mean it when you called me your boyfriend?" Baekhyun asked while opening his soda and watching Kyungsoo to see his reaction. He knew that Kyungsoo wouldn't want him to see the blush on his cheeks, but he did. It was adorable. "Because if you didn't, that's totally okay. It can wait."

Kyungsoo bit his lip and looked at his feet. He didn't want to be asked about it, but somehow it was brought up again. "I don't know." He said quietly, making Baekhyun lean closer. He couldn't tell if it was a joke or not.

"What was that?" Baekhyun asked, looking at the embarrassed younger man.

"I don't know if I meant it or not." Kyungsoo said a little louder, getting a confused look from Baekhyun.

"Well, let's talk about this later~" Baekhyun said as the microwave went off behind them. "I'll go start the movie."

Kyungsoo grabbed the popcorn and followed Baekhyun into the living room, where they sat in their same spots they sat during Tangled. "Do we have to sit so close together?" Kyungsoo asked, getting Baekhyun's arm wrapped around his shoulders as they pulled up the blanket again. Baekhyun started the movie.

"Yes, of course!" Baekhyun said with a laugh. "It's easier to cuddle like this!"

Kyungsoo tried pushing him away when he wrapped his other arm around the front and put his left leg on his own. "Baekhyun~ It's hard to watch the movie with you like this."

"I don't care." Baekhyun let go with his right arm and it went down and grabbed some popcorn. He laughed before he ate it and let Kyungsoo go from everything but his leg. "Let's enjoy this."

 

He doesn't know when it happened, but Kyungsoo fell asleep for a little bit. He woke up to the title screen. He felt his pillow moving, just a little, which was weird, but then it turned out to be Baekyun. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry for falling asleep on you!" Kyungsoo pushing himself away from Baekhyun's shoulder and stared at him. "How long have I been out?"

"About halfway through the movie." Baekhyun shrugged. "It's only been 20 minutes since it ended."

"What? What time is it?" Kyungsoo looked around and saw one little wall clock. "I can't read it from here."

"It's 11." Baekhyun stood up and took the disc out of the player. "I'm gonna put on Wall-E."

Kyungsoo only nodded and waited for him to come back. "Are you tired yet?"

"A little." Baekhyun sat down and pulled the blanket up again. "But I'll be fine. Come on, what do you expect? I'm Byun Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo laughed at Baekhyun's weirdness and leaned in and put his arms around him. "Oh? Hmm." Baekhyun moved his arm and put on Kyungsoo rather than having Kyungsoo lay on it again. He started the movie and felt Kyungsoo cuddle closer.

 

It wasn't it very far into the movie when Kyungsoo fell asleep again. Baekhyun wanted to laugh at him, but only reached up and pet Kyungsoo's hair (it was soft). It wasn't long before he was starting to feel sleepy too, and he decided to fall asleep too. He turned off the tv and leaned on Kyungsoo too and fell asleep.

 

A/N: So the only reason it took so long for me to update this is because I lost my password. I'll try to update more frequently in the future! I hope you like this chapter and thank you to all the wonderful people who've upvoted this and subscribed! I love all of you! I'll see you in later chapters! Bye!~