CHAPTER 1 : THE ONE WHO IS QUESTIONED

THE CHRONICLE OF FRIEND SERIES

CHAPTER 1:

THE ONE WHO IS QUESTIONED

 


Friday is the day that mostly people wait for. Why? Because it is symbol for the new reign, let out from the boring routines. Seems as the door that brings refreshment to your whole week.

Watch around dear…

Looks like the table is all set on this Friday. But just, doesn’t seem appropriate.

Hold on the menu dear, someone is still on the way…

Guess Who? You guess…

H.O.H.O… Love ya! 😘


 

Friday, 9.32 am. Krysul’s Apartment.

Sulli is already dashing around the apartment. She packs her things at bedroom, runs to kitchen, grabs toast, come back again in the bedroom, which she left her jacket and shoes. Then walks out the apartment. She has class that starts at 10 am.

Sulli has roommate, named, Krystal. Thought, they are best friend since senior high school. Now, they live at the same apartment. This apartment is dominated with achromatic color. It is consisted of 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom. There’s living room, which is united with kitchen and dining room. It is just separated by sofa. That’s nothing special with this apartment, just typical of girl place, which sometimes is tidy and clean but another period of time become the opposites.

In the next 3 minutes after leaving, Sulli is coming back to the apartment. She is running toward living room, grabs everything that looks like a paper. She writes something on it and dashes again after.

When Sulli is running to the hallway corridor, Jae just walks out from his apartment. And here they are, bumping to each other. Sulli is the one who against him. They end up on the floor.

“What a day! You just ruin my hair Sul.” Jae says while he is getting up and cleaning his shirt.

Sulli, also, gets up already, “Sorry Jae.”

“Where is Krystal? I need to meet her.” He asks casually and manages his hair.

“Krys in apartment. Maybe she’s still sleeping. Why?” she asks curious.

Jae smiles and answers, “I hear that yesterday she met with magazine editor. Just want to make sure that I don’t miss the golden ticket. You know what I mean.”

“Oh, I see. Model-thing, right?” she says while nodding her head in what-I-call-AHA-tone (what a name!).

He replies with definitely smiles. Recalls something, he looks at Sulli in confused facial expression, “But why you seem in hurry before Sul?”

Sulli widen her eyes. Hit her forehead with her own hand. She peeks at her watch. It is 9.46 am. “Sh*t!” she dashes again.

Sulli is running toward the elevator while Jae is only watching her disappears, lefts Jae who stands blankly without an answer.

He walks to Krysul’s apartment and mumbles, “Is she cursing?” he rubs his neck, uncertainly.

Meanwhile, at Krysul’s apartment, Krystal is already waking up. Stretches up her back and put down her feet already, lefts the bed. She walks to kitchen and opens the refrigerator. She grabs a glass of water, sitting down on chair near the dining table while Jae is coming inside.

“Good morning, the prettiest girl in this building.” He says flirty.

Krystal looks at Jae and rolls her eyes. She knows already when Jae says those words. He has favor for her.

“What’s now?” she says bluntly to Jae who is already standing in front the dining table.

Jae stops for a sec then he puts his hands to his chest, “What a day! You hurt my heart in the early morning Krys.” He says like he is hurting which is not.

“What do you want? Say it now or I won’t make it,” She says, staring with her signature dead glares.

“Please stop. I make it fast. Hold on your anger. I just hear from Myungsoo that yesterday you met with magazine editor. Can I get the number or address, please?” he speaks faster.

“Myungsoo? He likes to talk about other stuff now?” she says while taking bread on the table.  

“Today, he is myungsoo. Yesterday he is L. You know.” He says, sounds like singing.

Krystal just nods her head, understands the state. “Okay. I give to you. Just taking a note now.” She says chicly.

“Wait a minute.” Jae looks around the kitchen but doesn’t find something he needs. Then he stops his eyes for screening when he sees a piece of paper on table in living room.

He grabs it fast and starts to write while Krystal is giving him what he needs. He smiles, “Thanks my lovely best friend. You are my golden ticket.” Then walks out the apartment.

“Myungsoo! That’s brat.” She mumbles to herself.

That’s what they call when Myungsoo, Jae’s roommate, become the one who is cheerful, ridiculous, childish, and prankster type. And they mention him as L when he becomes the opposite.   


 

Friday, 00.19 pm. The campus.

Sulli sits down in the class, tries to focus whatever her lecture explains in front of the class. But her phone vibration is distracted her mind. It has vibrated around 15 minutes. She decides to open it. Sulli gets 10 missed calls and 17 messages in her phone. She opens the last message.

-Where are you? I’m already waiting around 1 hour-

Then she gasps. She replies the message immediately.

-I have told my friend to pick you up. I can’t. I call her now. Wait patiently okay-

Then she receives another message.

-Okay, I’ll try. Call your friend. ASAP-

She types a message, but in another 10 minutes, she doesn’t get any response from whose she texted. Then she decides bravely to make a call inside the class. She bends her back, hopes that the lecture doesn’t notice her. Thanks God, the latter answers her calls immediately.

“Where are you Krys? Are you with my brother now? Sulli asks in lowest tone but sounds hurry.

“There’s no prolog Sul? What brother are you talking about?” Krystal asks back.

“You didn’t get my message?”

“I just get my phone. I charged it before. Why?”

“I left you a letter message too. On the table in our living room.” She says, tries to explain. In other side, Krystal still doesn’t get what Sulli talked about.  She tries to remember. Then she understands. It must be the paper that Jae took it before. That’s why she doesn’t know what her best friend talks about.

“Okay Sul. What do you want me to do?” Krystal asks in I-understand-now-the-situation tone.

“Please, pick up my brother at the…” Sulli doesn’t continue her word when she sees the red high heels in front of her vision. She knows already whose shoes it is.

She lifts her face and smiles innocent and stupid. “Hands me your phone, young lady!” The woman who is also her lecture, commands.

Unwillingly, She hands her phone to her lecture. The lecture grabs it fast, showing that she is in furious mode. “Just come to my office at Monday. You can take it back.” The lecture says while she is walking toward front class, and continuing her explanation. Lefts, Sulli who is really embarrasses.


 

Friday, 00.31 pm. Krysul’s apartment.

Krystal looks at her phone in confused state and mumbles to herself, “Why’s Sully hangs up the phone?”

Maybe the battery is dead. She thought. Then she remembers about Jae’s paper. She is immediately calling him. For a few seconds, Jae picks up his phone.

“Jae. Where’s the paper?” she asks hurriedly.

“Are you sure you dial the right number? I’m Ahn Jae Hyun not the paper.” He says annoyedly.

“AHN JAE HYUN, WHERE’S THE PAPER THAT YOU TOOK FROM MY APARTMENT?” Already familiar with that tone, he replies it immediately.

“Of course I bring it. Why?”

“What’s wrote on it?” she asks bluntly.

“Of course address and phone number that you give to me. What’s else?” He replies and laughs.

“IDIOT. The other side Jae!”

“Ooo, wait a minute.” He takes a look at the paper and says it to Krystal, “Krys, please pick up my brother at 11.30 am in the airport. Thanks.”

“Just it?” She asks in confused.

“Are you thinking I lie? You hurt me twice today!” He says but Krystal doesn’t response at all. He takes a look on his screen. She hangs up.

“What a day! Why everybody leave me without answer.” He mumbles to himself then go back to his own business likes it just bothers him for that moment but not in the next minute.


 

Friday, 00.51 pm. LJ’s apartment

Myungsoo lies lazily on the couch while watching TV. He sits down but puts his body in opposite way, which is mean, his head’s bottom and his foot’s above. Krystal is coming in to LJ’s apartment, and looks shock when she sees Myungsoo’s position.

“What are you doing?”

“Just bored. Try something new.” He says without changes his position.

“Okay whatever. Princess need your car.” She says more like commands.

Myungsoo answers without interrogate, “There.” He says while pointing his left leg to the TV.

It almost seems like yoga position. She doesn’t bother at all with Myungsoo’s business since she is in a hurry. Krystal’s eyes follow the direction and there is, the car’s key. She grabs it and peeks at the TV. Then she turns around, looks at Myungsoo. “Spongebob?”

Myungsoo just gives his ridiculous smile. Krystal shakes her head unbelievable. She is walking out while Myungsoo shouts from inside apartment, “Be careful with my baby!”

She replies chicly more like shouting too, “Always Myung!”

She is running, taking care her best friend business. If it weren’t because of Sulli, she wouldn’t do this. Right now, She is on Myungsoo’s car, which is maroon ‘84 Cadillac, buckles the seat belt and starts the engine. Afterwards, she just realizes that she doesn’t know at all about Sulli’s brother. In fact, doesn’t know that Sulli has a brother. She puts aside that thought, thinks about it later. She is dashing in light speed, blaze a trail, toward airport.

 

Sometimes, the word best friend seems unsuitable for them yet.

But I have to admit dear, there was a time that vanity over their bond. Don’t care about another thing except each other. 

The truth is there always something left behind the long having fun…   

By the way, who is his name?


 

Friday, 01.28 pm. Airport.

There is she. Krsytal stands at the arrival gate, holds a paper which is wrote ‘SULLI’S BROTHER. I’M SULLI’S FRIEND THAT SHOULD PICK YOU UP AT 11.30.’ A lot of people stare, smile, laugh, or chuckle at her. But she tries to be cool, honestly she is little bit embarrasses. But what else she can do.

It’s already 30 minutes since she arrived at airport. She thought that maybe he has left. Then she grabs her phone, plans to call Sulli. Then she realizes unopened last message. Opens it.

-Krys, are you already with my brother? I forgot to tell that he is in international arrival. You didn’t wait at domestic, right? Sorry. Thanks-

“DAMN!” she curses to herself. Then she is running toward international arrival gate.


 

Friday, 02.02 pm, the other side of airport (International arrival).

She doesn’t see anybody who looks like Sully’s brother. Then she is sitting down on the bench. Sighs. Feels tired all over her body likes she just finish triathlon. When she rests for a moment, someone is approaching. 

“So, you are Sulli’s friend?” someone is standing in front of her and asks without hesitate then smiles, “I’m really hungry.”

Krystal lifts her face. She scrutinizes at the person in front of her from head to toe. The appearance really astonished her. Someone in front of her wears green army cargo pants, which is neon color and orange over sized blazer.  She is unsure that someone in front of her is male or female because of the pretty face and medium long hair which is look terrible but also suspicious the flat chest. She has battle inside her mind.   

“Who are you?” she asks annoyedly.

“I’m Joseph, Sulli’s brother. Who’s else?” he says casually.

“How do you know I’m waiting for Sulli’s brother? Beside Sulli has brother not sister.” she explains suspiciously.

Pointing with eyes at the paper on the bench, and says in annoyed, “I’m guy.”

Krystal is frozen. She watches at the person, looks unbelievable. Then that person grabs Krystal’s hand and put in his chest while the other hand grabs Krystal’s other hand and puts it on her own chest,  “It is different, right? Mine is flat and yours is kind of…” Stopping for a moment to think appropriate word to say.

When she realizes the position, she already pulls her hand, that ‘still-unidentified-man’ doesn’t realize.

“PLAAAK!” The word is continued by krystal’s hand, which is landing on that person cheek. “P*RVERT!” She shouts.

“OUCH!” That person makes a sound. Then Krystal is walking, trying to leave. But that person walks behind her. Following. Still rubbing his cheek.

Krystal stops her step and turns around, “Why’s you still following?”

“Sulli texts me that her friend will pick up. And you are.” He says innocently. “And at least you must apologize about this.” He continues while pointing his hand on his cheek.

“What an apologize! Beside I’m not sure who you are.”

He looks at another direction, tries to figure out something. Then he flicks his finger, “Let’s play 5 question.” He says proudly when Krystal stares at him with unbelievable look.

“You give me 5 questions about Sulli, I answer that in less than 5 sec. If I can make it you should pick me up and stop stare at me like I’m P*rvert.” He explains.

“Okay. But if you fail, stop to follow me. Deal?”

Then they grasp each other hand.

Here they are,

“Okay Sulli’s name?”

“Choi Sulli.” He smiles.

“How old is she?” Krystal put a hawk eye look.

“23.”

“What does she do?”

“University student.” He answers when Krystal puts Are-you-sure look, “Master degree actually.” He smirks.

“Her favorite color?”

“hmmm…” He thinks.

She starts to count, “1, 2, 3…” 

Cuts off by his answer, “Red! BINGO!” Krystal rolls her eyes and he smiles victoriously.

“Okay, last question. How’s Sulli laugh?” she asks, smiles. ‘I got you.’ She thought, already feels that she wins this game. He doesn’t reply. Stays remind silent. Then she chuckled and tries to turn around but stops.

“You haven’t counted.” He says calmly.

She sighs then starts to count, “1, 2, 3, 4…”

He cuts off; he puts his hand on his waist and sighs, lets out deep breath, then, “PUA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA…” He ends the imposter version of Sulli’s laugh, which is exactly the same. Then He puts his head low because embarrasses.

She widens her eyes unbelievable, puts her palm on and bursts into laughter. She doesn’t know this guy will do that. Sulli’s laugh is the typical weirdest laugh. It sounds more like monsters laugh then girl’s laugh. Joseph is staring at Krystal while she laughs. He slightly smiles. Doesn’t know the reason why.

 

Starting from up creek without a paddle,

Looks like someone need to do the acid test…


 

Friday, 04.01 pm, Krysul’s apartment.

There is, Sulli just came back with her absent-minded, from her campus, which is previously had a trouble with her lecture. She walks in apartment while Myungsoo is following from nowhere. She wants to close the front door but shocks when she sees Myungsoo is behind.

“What are you doing Myung?” She asks almost sound like shouting.

He replies with his ridiculous smile. “I’m bored. Jae left me and I don’t have….”

Sulli cuts off “Come in. You look like lost boy.” Then closes the front door roughly. And suddenly,

“OUCH!”

Sulli is looking at Myungsoo while Myungsoo is putting his I-don’t-know-what-is-it look. Then Sulli takes a peep from the door, followed by Myungsoo who also takes a peep behind her. Sulli gasps while Myungsoo is standing still. She opens the door and finds Krystal is laughing while the other is rubbing his head, looked pathetic.

“Amber!” Sulli runs and hugs, to what-she-call-brother. When they broke the hug, they are looking each other, continuing to dance in ridiculous way immediately, which is look like break dance but in failed ways. Prefer to call it dislocated-shoulder-back-leg-waist dance.

At the beginning, both of Krystal and Myungsoo just stare each other. Krystal gives Myungsoo what-are-they-doing look. Myungsoo just stays silent. Unpredictably, the next sec, Myungsoo joins them and lefts Krystal who is spotted frozen with jaw drops. She looks unbelievable at them. After the dance celebration, all of them walk chipper in Krysul’s apartment. Krystal still loses her mind. ‘Am I the only sane one?’ She thought to herself.

“By the way Sul, Who is she?” Myungsoo asks seriously.

Krystal reminds silent for a moment then laughs so hard till she falls to the couch after hears those words. Myungsoo doesn’t know the situation.

“She? What do you mean? Me? Krystal? Of course we are your friends Myung.” Sulli answers innocently while she is looking around, tries to figure out. In the other side, Krystal can’t control her laugh anymore. Laughing louder brutally.

“No, I mean Amber, right?” Myungsoo tries to make sure and points his finger to who is he mean as Amber. Then Sulli looks at the direction.

“Oh my GAWD (sulli’s highlight word) Myung.” Sulli realizes the situation then starts to laugh in the cough with Krystal who is already rolling and holding her stomach on the couch because of the unpredictable predicament. Myungsoo stares at them.

“I’m a man dude. I’m Sulli’s Brother. Joseph. Don’t call me amber.” He tries to explain in hopeless.

“WOW! AMUZING (Myungsoo’s highlight word)! How… How… How?” Myungsoo says in excited. He just finds something amazing, for himself actually. He stares at Joseph in amazing while laying his body next to Krystal and Sulli who already sit on the couch, “You totally rock man. You totally deceive me. It’s AMUZING!”

Joseph just stands still in front of them. Trying to accept his faith.    Meanwhile, Someone is walking in Krysul’s apartment. Ahn Jae Hyun already comes in, stands in the openly front door. Krystal, Sulli, and Myungsoo stop to laugh and stare at Jae while Joseph turning around to see who is.

Jae stares at Joseph with disgusting look. Puts his palm on the mouth, “WHAT A FUDDY DUDDY! You really have a bad taste, MISS!” Jae shouts while approaching Joseph.

Krystal, Sulli, and Myungsoo stare at each other first then burst into laughter, again. This time they add another act between the laugh; crawl, roll, and slightly beat each other body, hold the stomach because of the second unexpected predicament. Then Myungsoo says but sounds like mumbles between his laugh, “Your gender is questioned, Amb!”

Joseph doesn’t reply at all, he gives up, puts a white flag high. In fact that he doesn’t know what to do anymore. While Jae is standing there in confused state of mind, doesn’t know exactly what is happened.

 

There’s the story goes…

The little circle has a new presence whose brings new era to their circumstance. Unknowing about tomorrow, they guess and try to walk that road together.

But for me, I can see clearly now…  


 

THANKS TO READ =)

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT WHATEVER IT IS

… SEE YOU ON NEXT FRIDAY =O

H.O.H.O… Love ya! 😘

 

The Bluffing Note:

I’m sorry about those lame narrators, opening, and ending wraps.

But I’m insisted. That’s my part. My signature =P

Hope it gets better. Still figure it out. =D

Really need your feedback anything to keep on this story…