CHAPTER 2 : THE ONE WHO GIVES A SHOCK THERAPHY

THE CHRONICLE OF FRIEND SERIES

CHAPTER 2:

THE ONE WHO GIVES A SHOCK THERAPHY

 


“Bon Voyage!”

The words that I want to say to someone who was leaving. Farewell word that full of good wishes.

If I could turn back the time, I would say it toward someone. Seriously! Wishing something good truly happened at the destiny place…

Guess who? You Guess…

H.O.H.O… Love ya! 😘


 

It was already more than a week since Joseph left the United State and came to the town. For all this week, he lived in his sister's apartment, caused Krystal and Sulli shared the room. Even though Sulli was his sister but still he didn’t feel uncomfortable, lived together with his own sibling. He was the type of person that already used to live his own; it used to be his habit since he spent almost 6 years, lived by him self.

He had come in US for the first time because he was accepted in Berklee University, Boston. He had dreamt, became successful music producer. As foreigner, it was really difficult for himself to live by his own for the first year. As the time had passed by, he already adapted and used to live alone. He was working for some randomly part time job while he was studying also. He did everything by himself, just kept on surviving his dream. After two years since he had been graduated, he did go back to the hometown, suddenly.    

 

With that circumstance, we couldn’t avoid the loneliness and ended up to accept the truth, used to it, dear. Once we used to it, it was really hard to accept the other’s presence.

Looks like someone felt it too…

 

Instead, lived with his sister, he decided to find for new apartment. Beside, there was other reason he did it. There was a new fact behind his decision. Here’s the secret. Honestly, he couldn't stand to live with his own sister, Sulli and her best friend. He thought that those girls had their complexion bout the way of living. It didn't prove anything that he didn't care about the girls, he did. But, just couldn’t stand any longer, lived together under the same roof.

It was already started, just, after one day he had arrived to their apartment. Sulli did such a small welcoming party for his brother. Krystal, Jae and Myungsoo were involved also. Krystal and Sulli prepared the dinner while the boys bought three bottles of red wine, beers and chips. Afterward the dinner, they started to talk in living room, mostly was about Joseph like – we wanted to know you better.

Myungsoo opened the wine, poured it to them. Drank a toast for Joseph. The prankster Myungsoo who was heavily drunker started his own game. He poured them drink, actually, drove them to drink often. Excepted Myungsoo and Joseph who only felt tipsy, all of them were hangover. Krystal who sat firmly beside Joseph already random rattled off while Sulli who sprawled on the couch unconsciously, started to grumble about her campus life.   

“I told you, stop to pour the drink!” Joseph blared to Myungsoo.

Myungsoo smile ridiculously, “It’s fun Amb. Look at them.” Pointed his finger to his friend’s face, one by one.

Joseph who was irritated at first, bursts a laughter when Myungsoo’s finger was at Jae. Jae slightly closed his eyes, already sprawled, motion – swing his arms and legs repeatedly on floor, talked – adored his own appearance.

Joseph and Myungsoo laughed together at the end. Suddenly Sulli who they were thought slept, stood up with her eyes widened out. For couple of sec, frozen. They were shocked, stopped the laugh when saw her. Stared blankly to each other. Sulli put her palm on and dashed after to bathroom.

Joseph already wanted to get up, was detained by Krystal’s cough like she was out of her breath caused by her unstoppable rattled on, which made her head, dangled to his shoulder and slightly fell down to his chest. Joseph reacted quickly by held Krystal’s head. Joseph slightly looked at Myungsoo. He understood.

“I look after for Sulli!” he run toward bathroom, found that Sulli already squatted, slightly bent her head in front of the closet, vomited. Meanwhile Krystal mumbled about her own life, sounded little bit brood. Unrealized, she slightly fell down the tears. Joseph heard her mumble, sympathized. He touched her chin to support her head so didn’t fall to his lap. Unexpected, Krystal moved her lips quickly toward Joseph’s lips. Kissed him. Joseph widened out his eyes, shocked and frozen. But before he did something, Krystal’s head dangled and fell down to his lap. She vomited, caused stinky smell on his pants.

Myungsoo who had struggled with drunken Sulli, already laid her on the bed. He came back to see Joseph. He held his laugh when he saw Joseph who did hands up, put grimace look because of Krystal’s stinky vomit. Myungso had known well that Krystal’s vomit was terrible stink.

Myungsoo did excuse, escaped, “Amb, I took Jae to our apartment. You handle her. Okay?!”

Without waited for Joseph’s answer, he quickly pulled Jae hands, dragged Jae out of the apartment like dead-corpse. He was disappeared. Left all the mess that he did to Joseph who looked space out. He made perfectly sweet escape after threw mischievous game that he did before.  

Next morning after the welcome party, Joseph already remained silent, sat on the couch that he had cleaned by himself last night. Meanwhile, Sully grumbled about the hard headache that she had, Krystal squeally complained about her cheek and hair, which was smell stinky. She seem, didn’t remember anything had happened last night. Joseph was blank, switchable stared the girls who made noisy sound. He shook his head slowly, tried to rid off the dizziness from his head by massaged his head with his finger.

 

It was only the beginning of the storm that was happened at that apartment. Krystal and Sulli did noisy sound often. Sometimes it was caused by laughing, chatting, or bickering which wasn’t something important at all, Joseph thought that they often fought over nothing such a dress, lipstick, or something else. But after the squeal argument was finished, instead angry or mad, they were looked fine, no hard feeling at all toward each other. And started to talk normal like nothing happened before.

Joseph didn’t used to the noisy loud and the hardly fluctuant situation that he thought little bit bizarre. This kind of storm complexion between them just naturally flew away everyday. From that storm complexion, Joseph knew about the girl thing, maybe too much, like what Sulli or Krystal did like or didn’t, their usual habit, till what kind of underwear that Sulli or Krystal used to wear. The part of Krystal’s underwear probably was the most interesting topic for Joseph. Just thought.  

After all, it seem that Krystal and Sulli weren’t bothered at all. Joseph was. In fact, they (probably) enjoyed this kind of storm. It was horrendous day that he had been through this past few days.

And this morning, that storm was started again, the fluctuation of the complexion couldn’t be held. It just naturally happened. Before his ear was deaf and his head had headache caused by the storm. He decided to sneak out to the boys. 


 

Saturday, 9.13 am, LJ's apartment

Jae was still sleeping while myungsoo was busying himself on his multiple computers. This was how they lived. Myungsoo and Jae lived in the same apartment, which was consisted of two bedrooms, one bathroom, one living room, some space for Myungsoo’s work stuff, which was united with the living room, and one rarely untouched kitchen.

Theirs apartment was typically boy’s room. There was a lot of boy stuff such adult magazine, fridge full of beer and leftover spaghetti from a week ago, some pictures of female celebrity, pinned on the wall as the highlight of the apartment, which wasn’t. 

They have already had lived together around 3-4 years. Of course, at the first time they had met, they didn’t know each other, just some acquaintance that was bumped to each other because of their own purpose. At that moment, Myungsoo just started his self-work after was fired from his previously job. He was run out the cash to pay apartment’s bill. Fortunately, Jae, who at that time, run away from his house came by, looked at the apartment from random pamphlet that one of it was written by Myungsoo who looked for apartment partner so he could share the bill.  

It wasn’t easy for Jae or Myungsoo at the first time. Jae couldn’t understand, how Myungsoo was easily changed his personality, so did Myungsoo. He couldn’t stand how Jae was madly insane with his own appearance. Both of them had needed one year, accepted each other existence.

 

Now, There’s no phrase that said ‘who save whose *ss’ between Jae and Myungsoo. They realized that both of their presence was helping each other it was started from that day. Time passed by, Jae and Myungsoo became something that they were called the best buddies on town. What a sweet couple of buddies, dear…

Skip about the old time. Let’s see what happen next…

 

Joseph came in to LJ’s Apartment. He walked in a hurry then laid his body on the black couch leather. He sighed. Those sounds made Myungsoo turned his head to Joseph, abandoned his work. At the same time Jae already woke up and walked toward refrigerator, in the living room.

“What’s happened?” Myungsoo asked seriously.

“Another storm. Hurricane, I think. I just don’t get it about their way of living. Excuses for Krystal because I just know her for a while, but my sister. 6 years, live separately makes me shocks.” He said while massaging his forehead with his finger.

Myungsoo shrank his forehead, “Talk to me, Amber.”

Joseph let out the deep breath when he heard Amber was mentioned.

All of them called him as Amber not Joseph. They said it was sounded nice, which was not for him. He tried to accept that.

Then he continued to explain, “I just don’t get it bout their behave. They were dashed around made a lot of noisy just for simple thing. Sometimes they fought over nothing then in couple of minutes made up, started to laugh like nothing happen. It repeated all over again. Both of them weren’t bothered at all. But, uhmmm… Seems, they enjoyed it. I was the one who didn’t.”

Jae who was accidentally, eavesdropped the conversation, walking toward them.

Jae chuckled, “Man, They are girls. Girl is naturally noisy creature.”

Myungsoo added the facts, “Instead, Boys did it too.” He scoffed while his eyes pointed at Jae. Left, Joseph seemed confusedly. 

Jae who already understood that point, smirked, “Yes, it was Amb. It wasn’t only me. Myungsoo also really active and noisy when he was in his other state of mind.” He said righteously. Joseph still looked confusedly.

“Okay, Here’s the point Amb. When people started to live together because of the must condition, slowly they will accept other’s habit. And become used to it. You just have to accept it.” Myungsoo explained proudly, put his hands on back of his head.

In the other hand, Joseph looked amaze with those words. Then whispered to Jae who was already sitting beside him. “What’s happened with him?”

Jae chuckled, whispered, “Remember when I said he was in his other state mind?” Joseph nodded his head, “Here it is. We call him as L, who is the serious and sane one.” Joseph nodded slowly as the sign that he understood. 

Myungsoo stood up and grabbed couple of beers, handed it to Joseph. “So what do you do now?”

Amber drank it up and confessed, “Although what you say is make sense. Still I’m not used to it. I decide to take the apartment next this building.”

“The one that we saw yesterday, wasn’t it?” Jae said while pointing his finger to Joseph. Joseph nodded.

“That one?!” Myungsoo pointed his finger to the next building and Joseph nodded. “Awesome! I hear that apartment is the pretty good one among this block. When are you moved?” Myungsoo curious asked.

“Today.” Joseph simple said.

“WHAT?” Jae and Myungsoo squealed at the same time.

Joseph put his hands on his head. “The truck is on the way here, I mean, I’m moved my stuff first then I’m officially moved tomorrow.” He explained. 

“Okay. Let us help you with the stuff.” Jae Said while Myungsoo was standing. Agreed to do so.”

“Thanks man.” Joseph said while smiled too.

It was already 2 pm. All of them already walked to the front door. But, before they opened it. Suddenly, the front door was opened. Krystal was dashing toward them. Stopped and took a breath for a while. Then looked at Myungsoo.

“Princess need your car, Myung.” She said without any icebreaking and gave her right hand in front of Myungsoo. The guys just stared each other. “MYUNG! Quickly!” Now, she said in command.

“O…oo…Okay.” Myungsoo said while his right hand was searching in his jeans pocket. Then gave it to Krystal, “Here. In Satur-death?”

She bobbled. “You are my savior, Myung.” She said, smiled in cute then dashed again. In a sec, she was already vanished from the living room.

Joseph still confused, “Princess? Satur-death?”

Myungsoo arched his eyebrow, “You lived with her for a week and you still ask bout princess thing? You have to get out from your cave Amb.”

“She has never mentioned Princess when she talks to Sulli. Beside, I’m still not used to talk with her. Feel a little bit awkward.” Joseph tried to explain, remained to himself about - the before Krystal’s vomit accident week ago.

Jae embraced Joseph’s neck then said with those eyes wondered, “She is something man. What we call it… hmmm…”

“Princess complexion?” Myungsoo grinned. Jae laughed, gave Myungsoo high five. “And the satur-death day is…” Myungsoo thought, tried to arrange good explanation.

“The usual Saturday maybe, isn’t it, Myung?” Jae talked casually.

“Usual Saturday? Is there any special Saturday?” Joseph was curious.

Both Myungsoo and Jae chuckled. Myungsoo explained in detail to Joseph that today would be the usual Saturday for Krystal, She had a sudden blind date that was arranged by her mother. In fact, Krystal didn’t like it at all. But she didn’t have choice. Her mother let she caught up what she wanted but put a deal with this kind of blind date rule. It wasn’t happen every Saturday. So when it came to Saturday like this one and Krystal was already in dashing mode then they called it as Satur-death slash The Usual Saturday. Now, Joseph understood about the whole situation. Unrealized, slowly, Joseph knew little by little about the other’s life. Refreshing from the previously dashed of act, then, they were shocked by the new presence.

Sulli popped out from nowhere. Shut down the innocent smile, stomped around. Like before, the guys just stared each other, thought, “What’s now?”

Sulli walked to Jae, and whined, “Jae, helps me with the dress. I can’t decide. Krystal was in hurry before.” She clung Jae’s arm, shook it a little, still whining.

Jae rolled his eyes, “Why don’t ask Amber?” he murmured.

Unexpected, sulli heard those word, suddenly she laughed, “PUA-HA-HA-HA. Didn’t you remember that my brother is fashion terrorist?!”

Then Jae laughed, followed by Myungsoo, and remembered the event that happened a week ago. Joseph just mumbled to himself. Didn’t hear what he said.       

“I’m going after I finish this.” Jae explained to Joseph and Myungsoo while Sulli was dragging him out to her apartment.

Myungsoo just smiled, while Joseph seemed dizzy. He didn’t used to surround by people who often dashed around, one time showed up the next minute was gone.


 

Saturday, 3 pm. Joseph’s (new) Apartment.

Myungsoo and Joseph went to the new apartment. That apartment wasn’t large but the typical of duplex apartment, which Joseph rented all of it. He decided to, because he needed another room for his work place. First floor was consisted of one large space room, one room that looked smaller, and one bathroom. He planned that floor for his work place. The second floor was his private place, his sanctuary of course. It had one bedroom, which was included bathroom, one kitchen, and the rest of space was balcony.

Myungsoo wondered around, amused inside of apartment. He flew around. He got a feeling, it would be such a nice place to live. It wasn’t like his apartment, which was confirmed as middle low class apartment. He amused with the floor, which was made from red oak wooden. He bet Amber cost a lot of money to rent this one. He stepped to the stair, which was covered by the maroon carpet. He went to the second floor. He screamed from the balcony, which made Joseph in shock while he was opening the door for the loading stuff crews.

“WOAH!” Myungsoo shouted.

Joseph run to the balcony in hurry, had worried that something bad happened to his new friend. “What happen Myung? He said, managing his breath.

Myungsoo turned around to face Joseph. “Woah Amb! This is AMUZING! Nice choice Amb.”

Joseph just looked dangler at Myungsoo, unbelievable. He bet that L was vanished now he saw Myungsoo who was the ridiculous one. Myungsoo flew around from corner to corner. Finally he placed his hand on the ledge, stood firmly on the concrete balcony. Staring the street below. Myungsoo raised his head at the building in front. He scrutinized the building. He screamed loudly when he saw Jae in Sulli’s apartment, which was one floor above the balcony. Joseph just sighed. He didn’t know at all that Myungsoo could be such a kid. He smiled faintly.  

He low grumbled, “Is it really good one or not?”

Next 30 minutes, the loading crew was gone. Joseph’s stuff was placed already inside the apartment. Bed, sofa, coffee table, dining table, chair, his work stuff, and some of the big size furniture were already placed in the right spots. Now, Joseph and Myungsoo started to manage the whole small stuff.

Joseph did open the box, which was loaded his TV. Myungsoo helped to open it. But once it opened. Myungsoo shook his head, amazed. It was Panorama TV 60 inch. Joseph had a lot of cool stuff (for boys, I mean). He thought that Joseph came from wealth family. Seem like Joseph and Sulli came from different family.

Without any hesitate, he blurted, “Amb. I don’t know that you really this rich. I mean, I’m Sulli’s friend but I’ve never thought that she comes from wealth family.”

Joseph slightly smiled and explained, “We weren’t Myung. I just stepped ahead from Sulli. No offense, you know, she decided to continue her academic career while I started to work. I have worked in US for almost 5 years. Enough times, collected all this stuff.”

Myungsoo bobbled, understood. He asked bluntly, “So why you left US?”

Joseph was frozen. He had never thought that one of them would ask that question. Even when Sulli asked him about this, Joseph tried to change the topic. For him, that was such a twisted question. He shrank his forehead, thought hard.

Then he smiled clearly, told a fib, “Nothing. Just such refreshment.”

Myungsoo stared at him, captured strange gesture. He gave slightly smile. He knew, there was something behind Joseph’s stoical answer. But Myungsoo didn’t force it.

 

When we were kid, we often played hide and seek. Like always, seeker only need the precise timing, finding the hider. Look like someone firmly kept in the hidden truth behind his back… 

  

The bizarre situation was cracked while Jae was loudly stepping inside Joseph’s Apartment.

“WOAH AMBER! You have a cool TV. Can I drop by sometimes?” He asked bluntly, playing with the new stuff. Didn’t sense anything happen before.

“Y…ye…yes. You can.” He bobbled.

Jae opened other box he found something that made his eyes sparkled. He waved his hand repeatedly to Myungsoo. Myungsoo was approaching. When he saw inside the box, Jae smiled.

Both of them stared each other, made a same sound, at the same time, “WOAH! HOLY-SMOKE!”

They found one set of PS4 complete with the kinect, guitar hero equipment and other. Their eyes was sparkling like finding a treasure. Without asking permission, both of them set in already and started to play. In other hand, Joseph just shook his head side to side really slowly. Let out the deepest sigh. He started to settle up the other stuff while the new kids was already falling into the game.

Joseph murmured, “Look like I must help myself.”

 

The sun always starts to shine on, waking up the creature of universe. Ready or not? It never tires to wake you up. Some part of our lives is talking about accepting…


 

One week later.

Sunday, 9 pm, Joseph’s (still new) Apartment

The sun already was risen, shinning through the curtain, which was hitting Joseph’s eyes.

Joseph woke up lazily. He walked in the kitchen, opened his refrigerator, which was painted by English flag. He grabbed water. Starting to prepare his breakfast. He made a coffee in jar, then, made few toasts. Actually, it was large amount for himself.

He was sitting down then he heard stepping sounds across down stair. He smiled faintly. There was, Sulli and Krystal was walking toward his dining table. Joined him. Krystal grabbed a cup of coffee while Sulli took a toast, spreading strawberry’s jam.

“What do you do today, Amb?” Krystal asked after sipped a little.

“Still don’t have any idea.” Joseph replied casually while Sulli made a noisy sound caused by the messing strawberry jam that was made by her self. Krystal and Joseph giggled.

A few minutes later, Jae and Myungsoo came in, joined this small group too.

“What a day! Our sweety Amber already prepares a breakfast.” Jae said fake adorer. Myungsoo chuckled and Joseph just slightly smiled.  

Like Krystal and Sulli, both of them grabbed anything on the dining table without hesitated. Because all of their-often visited, Joseph decided to make a duplicate key and gave it to them. He already tired to step up and down, opening the front door. It became habit that all of them stopped by or dropped by after the work or just hung in at Joseph’s (still new) apartment like this time. All of them started the conversation, while Joseph wondered and stared at them, one by one. He smiled. Has him own thought.

At the end, he just gave up and tried to accept their existence. Maybe this time, he had to change his habit, adapting with his new circumstance, tried to accept that he wouldn’t live his life alone like before. This stage of life changed how he saw the other way of living.

 

There’s the story goes…

Seem like those storms, made by his new circle friends would stuck longer with him. The longest one I thought. Poor Joseph… You better used to another shocking storm. 

Last but not the last. Au Revoir dear…


 

THANKS TO READ =)

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT WHATEVER IT IS

… SEE YOU ON NEXT FRIDAY =O

H.O.H.O… Love ya! 😘