Scrabble

Thank You For Being Born [23]

Lee Jaehwan was a professional gamer. 

As in one of the professionals. 

He was part of Korea's official league Gangnam Universe in the famous multiplayer online battle arena game. Not only he was a part, but he was the "supplier" of the team. He was the one who got the bonuses and buffs for the whole team. That was a very important role for the game. 

It was around 10:00PM and he was reviewing the statistics of the next team they would face. In three days time, they would leave to represent the country in the world championships in Europe. He had to study the techniques of the other team as well as conjure up new and fresh strategies for his own team. Two of them were the brains of the team, and the rest were the muscle. He had scribbles here and there for the new strategies. 

At that night, he was in front of three big monitors. The left monitor was open for his social media; the right for the scribbles and ideas for new strategies; and the middle for the statistics and videos of the opposing team. At the table were a keyboard, a mouse, crumpled papers, and two mugs of coffee. The perfect setup for his all-nighter. 

Just then, the notifications on his social media just erupted. It was one of the site's prized games, and he was invited to it. 

"I don't have time--" 

But the notifications skyrocketed to a hundred, leaving Jaehwan bewildered. He clicked on his notifications and saw who was requesting. 

"What the?" he muttered out without a care with the world. 

He hesitated, but after a moment he accepted the invitation. The prized game was called Random. As its name suggested, it would spew a random game the player or players would play. He didn't get why it just became famous. But because of its pure randomness, everyone liked to take the chance of playing. 

And the game gave Scrabble. 

The other player made the first move. 

HEY

A simple yet powerful start. 

WHAT

Jaehwan attached the three letters to H. 

STOP

The opponent added to the T, and a message popped up to his notifications. Jaehwan rolled his eyes. He didn't read the message and just continued the game. 

TODAY

COURSE

NEVER

Jaehwan sighed and returned to studying the statistics of the other team. He mumbled small gibberish that composed of gaming terms. But he couldn't focus for the tons of notifications from his messenger. He got pissed off and messaged the other. 

KENjumma0406. I don't have time, Taekwoon hyung. 

LEOjussi1010. You're stressing yourself too much. 

KENjumma0406. But I need to do this. 

LEOjussi1010. Take a break. I won't be seeing you for a month. What will I do then? 

Jaehwan sighed softly. Yeah, a month. A month in Europe. How he had wished that he was just a normal gamer and not with the official leagues.

LEOjussi1010. Hey, are you still there? 

KENjumma0406. Yeah, still here. 

LEOjussi1010. Rest, okay? You still have two more days, give or take, before your flight. 

KENjumma0406. But the team is going to kill me. 

LEOjussi1010. Rest. 

KENjumma0406. I will not. 

LEOjussi1010. Should I really tell you thrice?

Jaehwan chuckled at the other's persistence. A soft smile escaped his lips as he stared at the message. His heart fluttered. He realized that he had /that/ kind of boyfriend. 

LEOjussi1010. Hey.

LEOjussi1010. Hey.

LEOjussi1010. Hey.

LEOjussi1010. Hey.

LEOjussi1010. Hey.

LEOjussi1010. Hey. You know I won't get tired of copy-pasting. 

LEOjussi1010. Hey.

KENjumma0406. HERE!! Fine, I'll take a short break. Thirty minutes?

LEOjussi1010. An hour. 

KENjumma0406. Deal, and changing your username? Really? XD 

LEOjussi1010. Now there's my boyfriend. Is there something wrong with it? 

KENjumma0406. It's cute! :D You know that you can still contact me, but not on the dates that I have given! >3< 

LEOjussi1010. I was just kidding. I would call you in all the free time I have. 

KENjumma0406. PERFECT!! <3 

Through the night, Jaehwan just talked and talked with his boyfriend, Taekwoon. They continued the game of Scrabble, and Jaehwan forgot the competition, the statistics, the opposing team, everything. He just focused on Taekwoon, and his effort as his lover.