Dancing to the Rhythm of My Heartbeat

Lovely Days With You

                She looks thinner, much thinner. I am surprised. Maybe she has been busy practicing with her members since her group is going to make a comeback, even though I do not know the exact date for that. I wave at her, she smiles then walks pass by me. I see her pressing the number of the password. “2302” What? Isn’t that my birthday? What is this?

“Come in…” she said.

                I do what she asks. She then takes off her heels and put them on the shoe shelf near the entrance of her living room. I interrupt whatever she is doing right now by saying that I am not going to stay here for long and I just want to say something important to her while standing still behind her apartment’s door.

“I’m sorry..” I look at my feet.

“For what?” Hyuna goes to the kitchen to get some water.

                Her apartment is still dark because she has not turned the lights on. I can see her face almost perfectly by the lights from the refrigerator door which is opened because she takes out a bottle of water from it.

“For not being a good person..” I see Hyuna is drinking. “I saw you with Joowon earlier. Your mother was there too..”

                Hyuna stops drinking all of sudden, she probably a little bit surprised of what I said. She comes closer with an expression which tells that ‘I can explain’.

“I don’t know what happened to us, I’m not sure if you still want to be with me. I just want to say I’m sorry and I’ll go if you want me to go…”

                Both of us share the silent moment for a while. We look at each other eyes, but say nothing. I lost the precious lady that I have been falling in love with, I lost the precious lady that I share all my laugh and pain with, I lost the precious lady that I want to get married to. All of the memories that we both shared for the past five years are playing like a series of movies in my head. From the day I saw her entering our company’s building, the days that I was too shy to even talk to her, the day when I confessed to her, the days that we spent our times together.

“Go….”

                Hyuna says that without a doubt. I feel like someone just shot me in the head. I nod slowly then turn my back to go out of her apartment. Seconds later, Hyuna gives me a back hug, a forceful one almost like she was chasing after me and does not want to let me go right after she gets me.

“Are you a fool??! Why do you go when I said you have to go?! Do you want to make me look like a fool, begging you not to go?!!” Hyuna cries. “Do you know how many days I’ve been waiting for you to come even just to say hi?! Do you know how happy I was every time you call me even just to ask what I am doing at that moment?! No, why do you have to go again?! Why?!”

                I am surprised. I have never seen she cries like this. I close my eyes then take a deep breath. I unlink her hands from my stomach and stand facing her. She looks at her feet, her shoulders are shaking. She tries to hide her crying face.

“Can’t you just being you again? There were times that I needed you to myself only…” Hyuna said, stutter.

                Without hesitation I pull her hand and take her outside. I drag her along to my car which I parked at the basement. I ask her to get in and sit on the passenger seat.  I turn the engine on then wipe tears from her cheeks and link my hand with hers right after I change the gear. I want to drive far away and spent the time with her only because I know she wants it too.

“Quit looking at me, you make me uncomfortable..” I said, with my eyes fixed on the road.

                I take a quick look at her feet. They are fidgeting because she is cold and does not wear shoes since I took her out all of sudden. Her hand which I am holding is also cold. I kiss the back of her hand and blow some air on it as well to make her a little warmer.

                After an hour of driving, we finally arrive at Yeosu beach. This is the beach near her parents’ house, we have come once before and it was a lovely memory. I turn off the engine. We still keep our mouths close. We only can hear the sound of the wave from the ocean in front of us. Hyuna suddenly opens her door and goes outside while crossing her arms, prevent the wind to greet her body. She then sits in the sand, hugging her knees. I sit next to her.

“I’m sorry.. I’m so selfish, wanting you for myself only…”

“Just don’t ask me to go again…” I say, crossing my legs and throw my body behind.

“Huh?”

“Because if you do it once again, you know what happen next. I’ll take your hand and make you go with me…” I close my eyes. “Do you have schedule tomorrow?” I change the topic.

“No..”

                I stand up, so does she. Hyuna smiles at me, although she does it shyly, I know that she actually touched by my words. Huh. This strong lady is melted by the things that I said. Her face turns paler since she is cold. The wind is so strong because we both are standing at the seaside.

“Come here..” I open my arms wide open, hoping Hyuna will hug me.

                She then links her arms around my waist and put her head on my shoulder. I bet she can feel my rapid heartbeat. She giggles seconds later.

“Wait..” I unlink her arm.

                I ask her to put her arms inside my jacket, so I can cover her body with it. I sing to her. She always loves it when I sing in her ear. With the sound of the waves as the background, she is standing on my shoes because she is barefooted and we both are dancing to the rhythm of my heartbeat.