I Won't Go Anywhere...

Lovely Days With You

                It’s morning already. The sound of the birds chirping outside wakes me up. I rub my eyelids, trying to wake myself up properly. I fix my hair then look at my phone screen to see what time it is now. 7.30 a,m. Okay, it’s early. I check the other side of this bed, looks like I slept alone. Hyuna probably went back to her room right after I went to my dreamland. I go to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I smile at my reflection because I am happy about the fact that Hyuna and I just passed our 500th day together. After I finish, I go back to make the bed and charge my phone. I hear grandma and Mrs. Moon are talking at the backyard. I open the window, and they notice me.

“Ah, Kevin.. good morning! Can you please help us?” asked grandma.

“Good morning..” I bow, with my hand on the window pane. “Yes, sure..”

                I go to the backyard and find them moving the chairs and tables from the living room. I ask them why they are doing this, they say because the family members are going to come so it will be better to have a barbeque party at the backyard. I can see how close this family is! Not long after we arrange the chairs and table, Mrs. Moon gives me a glass of milk.

“We’ll move another thing here?” I ask.

“No, it’s finished. Why? Because I give you a glass of milk? To make you stronger?”

“Uh, yes..” I chuckle.”My mother always tells me that..”

“It must have been hard for you to stay here alone for years. You can come to our house anytime, when you want to eat some countryside meals or to take home grandma’s kimchi. Our door is always opened for you..” Mrs. Moon says to me while smiling.

“Ah.. yes, thank you very much..”

                I’m blushing. Mrs. Moon is now like my Korean mother. She is very sweet to me, she treats me like I am her son. I somehow am proud of myself because of that. Minutes later, Hyuna’s laughter is heard from outside the gate, I turn my head, seeing her walking side by side with that Joowon guy. Grandma greets Joowon and they are talking in satoori, I can hear them but do not understand what they are saying.

“Joowon is very close to Hyuna, they’re best friends since elementary school. I hope you don’t misunderstand this…”

                Mrs. Moon talks to me all of sudden, I only can nod and smile at her even though the view earlier was not a pleasing one to see.  That Joowon guy then waves at Mrs. Moon, seems like he is about to go home. Hyuna walks towards me and says good morning. I reply. That is all I can do. I drink the milk from the glass I am holding for almost ten minutes.

“Why are you both so awkward?” Mrs. Moon points at me and Hyuna repeatedly.

“It’s because you’re here, mom..” Hyuna says.

                I empty the glass then go to the kitchen to wash it. Hyuna follows me and then she hugs me from behind while I’m washing the glass. I smile.

“Kevin…” she places her chin on my right shoulder. “You’ll go with me today, right?”

“Hmmm? Ah.. yeaahh. Wait, aren’t your family members going to come?” I turn my body, now I’m facing her.

“We’ll go in the evening then…”

“Can we go next time? It’s not nice. Your family members want to see you too, I guess. That’s why they’re coming today..”

“Okay, but promise..you’ll go with me..” she said with a smile.

                I reach the paper towel on the counter next to the refrigerator. Hyuna is holding my waist while looking at me. I wipe my hands so they are dry now.

“Quit looking at me, this is awkward..” I look at the ceiling

“Look at me..” she cups my face. “I want to kiss you..”

                I put my hands in my pants’ pockets and then Hyuna kisses my cheek. I freeze, so does she. I frown at her then I pat my lips with my pointy finger three times, giving her a signal that she should have kissed my lips instead. She rolls her eyes but actually is smiling at me. I wrap my right arm around her waist and pull her closer, and my left hand is cupping her face, rubbing her jawline with my thumb. She grabs my shirt and places her hands on my hips. I kiss her softly and we slowly turn this scene into a lovely making out moment. Her tongue is slowly enters my mouth and meets mine. I am surprised because she has never done this before. I continue to attack her lips even more, up to the point that she has to break the kiss to catch some air. We lean on our each other’s foreheads while trying hard to breathe.

“I love you” I whisper, rubbing her cheek.

“I do too..”

                Seconds after that we both feel something weird, and we are right. Mrs. Moon and grandma are watching us from across the room then they pretend to cough when we see them. Both Hyuna and I take off our hands of each other’s bodies immediately.

“Can..we use the kitchen for cooking, now?” grandma asks.

                Both Hyuna and I are nodding to answer that question. It is very awkward. I then leave the kitchen and go to the bathroom to wash myself and I see that Hyuna is going to the living room to feed her cats.


 

                After taking shower, I check my phone and see that I got three messages. Two from Junyoung asking me where I am and when I will come back home and one from Siwan telling me that he borrows my shoes and a jacket. I reply them immediately while drying my hair with a white towel. I sit on the bed and the tv is on, showing me the rerun of the drama Hyungsik is in. Hyuna then opens the room’s door after she knocks on it three times.

“May I come in?” she asks, showing her head only.

“Hm…” I chuckle. “Sure, come in…”

“You want some? I stole these…” she says, munching the potato chips.

“You eat stolen food? What are you? A puppy?”

                Hyuna frowns at me. I show her some aegyo to prevent her from hitting me. At least I know what I am good at.

“Bought a new lip gloss? You tasted like apple…”

“Nope, it’s because I ate an apple when I was jogging.. Joowon gave me one…”

“Becareful…” I sigh. “It might be poisoned..”

“What are you saying?” Hyuna asks as she sits beside me. “You don’t like him, huh?”

                I do not say anything. She knows that I am annoyed.

“I met him at the park accidently, I was about to ask you to jog with me, but I didn’t want to wake you up, so in the end, I went jogging alone..”

“Does he have a girlfriend?”

“Maybe..”

“He likes you…” I said. “No, he loves you..”

“I know..”

“Huh, you do..?”

“Yeah… since, seven years ago..”

                I turn my head and asking myself why she is so cool about that. I know that Joowon likes, no..loves Hyuna from the way he looks at her. I probably have never talked to him personally. I just know. He looks at Hyuna like I look at her. That is why I do not like him. He annoys me for some reason.

“Don’t worry about that..” Hyuna helps me drying my hair. “I already have a man by my side, I won’t go anywhere..”