My Best Friend or My Woman?

Lovely Days With You

“What are you doing?” Hyuna asks me.

“I’m talking with my members. Hyuna-yah, they all know about us..” I stop talking. “You’re okay with it, right?”

“Yeah, so Hyungsik will stop hitting on me, at least..”

                Huh, that makes sense. Speaking of Hyungsik, he is really confused during our conversation in the KakaoTalk’s group. That kid is always getting bullied. Hyuna turns on the tv and we are sitting side by side, then she wraps her arms around my right arm and places her legs on my lap.

“May I ask you something?”

                She nods, without saying anything. I know we both are tired because of today’s schedule. But I just cannot help it. I really want to hear her confirmation about her conversation I heard between her and Siwan on the rooftop.

“You...spent some times with Siwan at the rooftop today, right?” I said while massaging her shins. “I overheard your conversation..”

                Hyuna looks at me, I look down and keep massaging her shins.

***[FLASHBACK]***

At the rooftop…

“Noona, Kevin is my best friend. Everyone knows that. Do you know what you’re doing?” Siwan asks Hyuna.

“What are you talking about?”

“I know you hate me, but please.. don’t do this to my best friend..please!”

“You think I’m being his girlfriend because I want to hurt him? Because of what you did three years ago? Siwan-ah, come on..”

“Revenge…” Siwan smiles.

“Siwan-ah, I already forgive you. Now I know how this world works, I understand. I never hate you, I’ve never ever thought about getting revenge, to anyone.. I’m sorry, but you’re wrong. I love your best friend more than you could imagine..”

“I’m really sorry. I loved Hyunhee more than you know… I’m sorry!” Siwan cries.

“That’s fine, I’m trying to forget all those painful memories. Kevin helps me with that. Every time I’m with him, I feel safe, happy and peaceful…”

“Hyunhee should’ve been the one who says that about me..”

“Siwan-ah!” Hyuna raises her voice. “Stop it, please..I already forgive you! My evil thoughts says that you’re showing off your acting skills, trying to pull me away from Kevin..”

“My evil thoughts also say, that you’re the one who is lying.. if you want to hurt me, then do it! Kevin is a nobody to this issue!” Siwan said.

***[END OF FLASHBACK]***

“Did you hear it all?” Hyuna asks me then put her legs down.

“Yes..”

“Sorry…”

“I cannot believe that my best friend and my woman would have that kind of conversation, I am really…”

“Kevin..” Hyuna says hurriedly. “I’m sorry, I always hurt you like this..”

                Hyuna stays quiet for a while, seems like she regrets what she has done today. She looks down, she prevents herself to cry, at least in front of me. I know she has trust issue, even after this long, she has not fully trust me, about her past and all.

“I’m tired. I’m going to sleep..”

“Wait..” I reach her hand right before she gets up from her sit. “This is the first time I’m confused whether a best friend or a girlfriend I should believe in. I heard all of your words, but I heard his as well. I just hope that one of you said something true and I choose the right one..”

“You know what? Follow your gut..” Hyuna forcefully pulls her hand away from my grip. “goodnight..”

                Hyuna then walks into her room. I then lay on the sofa. I am staring at the ceiling, thinking about which one I should believe. My bestfriend, or my woman?