THE BEST FRIEND

Junmyeon and Chanyeol's Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Monday morning,Chanyeol and his friends decided to eat at the cafeteria as usual, but then uddenly a hand reached Chanyeol’s neck from the back and felt the soft touch of the skin on his neck.

“I’ve missed you” said the cheerful voice behind him.

Chanyeol smiles at Kyungsoo, Jongin, Lay and Sehun in front of him. They decided to have lunch together after the long time vacation; he slowly removes the hand on his neck and offered the seat on the guy hugging him.

“Hey guys I want you to meet Junmyeon” Chanyeol introduced after the guy seated beside him “my best friend.”

The pale guy smiles sweetly waving his hands to them “Hi!”

“And these are Lay, Jongin, Kyungsoo and Sehun.”

“You’re cute!” Jongin muttered and offered his hand for a handshake which the latter gladly accepts.

Junmyeon steals the fries on Chanyeol’s plate and put some on his mouth.

 

 

“Chanyeol!” the pale guy, which Chanyeol was just introducing to his friends awhile ago was on his back calling on his name. He smiles.

“Hey.”

“Let’s go home together?”

“Sure, were doing that for how many years hyung you don’t need to ask me.”

The older sniggers and cling on the younger’s hand.

 

They were best friends for three years; Chanyeol was the son of a successful business man in Seoul and owns 20 cafés in the whole South Korea. They first met on the party Jongdae had organized, they started with a small talk and soon become close and then were become best of friends. Junmyeon was older but in their relationship he was the one to always look for Junmyeon, to ask if his okay or when he needs something. Junmyeon on the other hand, was the one to comfort him when he was tired from his work on his father’s firm. Junmyeon was gentle, kind and perfect friend tthat’s why sometimes he doesn’t call him hyung and prefer to just call him Junmyeon.

 

 

“Hi, hi!” a cheerful voice caught the attention of the café, Chanyeol was in his suit inspecting the café and the frown on his face vanished when he saw Junmyeon walking towards him after greeting all the staffs on their café.

“You’re early today” Chanyeol greeted.

Junmyeon nodded.

“Here’s the favorite drink for my best friend” Chanyeol handed the drink on Junmyeon when the staff put it on the counter after Chanyeol signaled him “it’s free” he winks and offered Junmyeon a seat.

“So where are we heading today?” Junmyeon asked.

“We can’t go out these Saturdays anymore starting today, I’ll start my life as a business man today. Sorry.”

Junmyeon nodded “that was early you’re only in high school.”

“I need to prepare myself now.”

“It’s okay, I’ll just leave then.”

“I’ll walk you home as a pay for visiting me here.”

 

 

 

And weeks passed by, Chanyeol wasn’t appearing every vacant time anymore which worries Junmyeon. Even in lunch break, but during class time he saw him often walking with Kyungsoo. Or sometimes every weekend, he saw the two walking in a mall together.

 

One day he consulted his best friend Jongdae, which is the only person he knows he can trust with.

“Is it bad to miss him this much?” he asked as they lie down on his bed.

Jongdae took the bear on the floor and hug it “I can sense that your feelings for him is already different. Is that more than friend already Junmyeon?”

“I don’t know, but it started when I saw him with someone.”

“But keep in mind you’re only a friend.”

 

 

 

Junmyeon made his best to find a time to spend with the younger but his calls were always rejected or sometimes he’s even out of reach, and his messages were never been replied.

He was happy when he saw Chanyeol accidentally, he saw him walking out of their room, and then stops in front of the school building. He approaches him.

“Hey Chanyeol!”

“Hey, hyung” he greteed back in surprise.

“Let’s go home together?” he tried to asked.

“I’m sorry” and Junmyeon felt ashamed of himself being rejected by Chanyeol “I was gonna take home Kyungsoo this time I was actually waiting for him.”

“Well. It’s okay” he replied trying to sound cheerful.

 

He visited Chanyeol once in their café but it turned out that the guy wasn’t there, one of the staff he was already closed off with told him that Chanyeol usually left the café as early as 8 o’clock.

“He said he was going to meet someone so I thought it was you.”

 

 

Maybe the best thing for Junmyeon to let his feelings lessen is to write it on his diary. It’s the start, he knows time will come Chanyeol would choose his lovelife over their friendship. And that he knows, he’s just only a friend to him, a brother but it wasn’t bad to fall in love with your best friend right?

He called the friend he knows he can only trust.

 The other line rings and once answered, he covered his mouth to stop from letting out his sobs, “Jongdae…” he almost whispered but the other can clearly hear the silent sobs.

“Want me to come there and comfort you?” the voice on the other line asked, Jongdae already knows once Jumyeon call him, he knows he’s been thinking about Chanyeol again.

“Should I confess that I love him? It’s so hard being ignored.”

“I’ll be there. Don’t worry.”

 

 

Junmyeon was on the busy street of Seoul for the weekend, Jongdae asked him to visit the newly opened bookstore. He knows Jongdae was doing it to distract his thoughts about Chanyeol. He was on his way home when he took notice of a familiar face on one of the establishments with the news on.

BREAKING NEWS: Park Chanyeol, son of the head of the one of the famous business firms said that he would study abroad for his training skills in business.

 

Junmyeon almost slid off the plastic bag on his hands. And he finds himself entering Chanyeol’s café. Luckily he was there. His heart was beating fast looking at him, he looks so cool when he’s wearing his suit, the guy notice him, and he’s just looking at him nonchalantly. He waves off his hand to him shyly; he saw Chanyeol excused himself from the people he was talking.

 “Thank God I’ve got the time to see you, can we go out?”

Chanyeol frowns “You see I’m busy Junmyeon, I don’t have time for you.”

Junmyeon shrugs it off “Do I have a free coffee?”

The younger releases a deep exhale before signaling one of the staff and then suddenly there’s already one giving Junmyeon his drink.

“Thank you.”

“Do you need something? I’m waiting for mom’s call, I’m going somewhere.”

“I see” Junmyeon muttered lowly “were best friends, right? How about give me some time t—“

“Things changed now Junmyeon. I have my right to find comfort to someone else you’re not the only one I have to spend my time with. I need someone who can take good care of me too Junmyeon. Were only best friends, you should know that.”

“I do” Junmyeon answered tilting his head to show his smile, a forced smile he can almost perfect when he shows it to Chanyeol “can you walk me home?”

“I’ll just call a taxi for you.”

“Please Chanyeol?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

And Chanyeol forcedly send Junmyeon home, they were on silent walking when Junmyeon broke the silence.

“By the way I watched the news, you’re studying abroad.”

“Yeah” Chanyeol answered in monotonous tone, checking on his phone every second.

“You didn’t tell me about it.”

“It’s not like you can do anything about it anyway.”

“But you should’ve told me though, were sharing eve—“ but Junmyeon didn’t finished when he decided to snatched the phone on Chanyeol’s grip “well I’m talking to you” he smiles covering the sadness he was feeling.

“I already gave you my time send you home where in fact I should be resting in there, I have a business meeting I need to attend in an hour Junmyeon. Wasn’t that enough? Now give me back my phone.”

Junmyeon just silently drink his coffee and didn’t answer the guy, putting the phone on his pocket “you’re supposed to make me laugh now. Come on make some joke Chanyeol. I’ve missed it.”

Chanyeol irritably bit his lower lip “it’s not the same anymore, I hope you understand that!”

“We don’t know Chanyeol, this might be our last.”

“That’s ridiculous” Chanyeol hissed.

“It’s cold out here” Junmyeon murmured holding his coffee.

But Chanyeol ignored it until he gives up when Junmyeon repeatedly said those words louder. He gives his suit to Junmyeon irritably.

“You’re wasting my time, Junmyeon!”

But the guy was happily holding the suit covering his body, it’s warm, it smells really like Chanyeol, he’s been waiting for this to happen. To have someone share his jacket with him especially the one he love. Suddenly he was washed off by his thoughts when the phone rings on his pocket, he quickly took it. He checked on it, it was Mrs. Park but was too late to give it to the younger when the call stops. Chanyeol grab his phone.

“Oh ! I’m really late” he said to himself looking at his phone.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t thou---“

But Chanyeol ignored him and called his mom back “Yes mom, I’ll be there. I’m sorry, I was just….no I’m coming I’m on my way. Sorry.”

The younger glare at Junmyeon, already pissed off “I think that was clear to you that I don’t have time for you.”

Junmyeon nodded feeling humiliated “Thank you for walking with me” he only managed to utter, smiling “and I’m sorry.”

And Chanyeol had started running away, not even bothered to say Junmyeon to take care. He doesn’t care anyway, he’s too tired of him. He was just wasting his time, and now he’s the reason he was late which means he’s going to get scolded by his father again. The café was just kilometers away he could still reached for his driver in there. He was about to decide to  call his driver when suddenly there’s a loud bang of something far away from him, but he was too busy calling for his driver when he receive a lot of messages from his father, based on his messages he was already  furious.

He stops midway when he notice that there’s a sudden traffic, the cars had stop abruptly but he was just curiously watching them while he take his steps through their café. And the car ambulance made his knees become weak, his body suddenly freezes.

“Jun—myeon” he run from where he last left Junmyeon letting his phone fell off the ground trying to reach the place as fast as he could. ‘It can’t be him, no!’

He arrived running out of breathe, not far away the people were now slowly dispersing away from the scene, and Chanyeol saw the ambulance driving away, he went to check on the place wanting himself to make sure it wasn’t Junmyeon.

And the scene makes him nauseous, blood everywhere. The front of the vehicle was all covered blood. And what let him makes his body feels sick when he saw a familiar suit a stranger was holding, it was covered with fresh blood.

He suddenly felt himself freezes, he felt like all his strength left his body. He can’t even utter any word.

 

 

He arrived at the hospital not an hour ago, after calming himself. He quickly asked where Junmyeon room is. His hand were shaking opening the door, he doesn’t care about the meeting anymore. He doesn’t care about anything right now. He needs to know if Junmyeon was okay. If he would still be forgiven, if he could still see him smile, if he could still witness Junmyeon’s cheerful attitude or would everything will actually change like he had said before?

It turned out that Jongdae was there, watching Junmyeon in silent.

“Hey” he uttered almost whispering, his voice can’t stop from shaking “how’s he?”

“Should I be mad at you coz you’re here or be happy coz finally you’ve manage to bring your here?” Jongdae asked in a sarcastic voice “he’s in coma. You could visit him when he’s already awake, so don’t bother yourself. You have business to attend.”

“Fuc* my business!” Chanyeol yelled “I need to know if he’s going to be okay.”

Jongdae didn’t turn and just focus his eyes on Junmyeon’s pale hands “the doctor wasn’t sure. His body wasn’t responding from the blood transfusion. He’s getting weaker, any minute or any day his body might give up.”

“No!” Chanyeol went closer to Junmyeon’s bed “No he can’t be! No! Junmyeon! Do you hear me? You need to wake up, okay? You need to! You can’t just leave! You weren’t joking when you told me that would be our last hang out, right? Please, don’t give up” and the tears that Chanyeol was trying to stop awhile ago, slid off his eyes “this was all my fault.”

 

 

Third day, Chanyeol went back from the hospital and brings some flower on the table. He requested his parents to cancel his study abroad and pleased them to just stay in Seoul, after how many tries, his request was granted.

“Hey Junmyeon” he approached Junmyeon’s bed “you should wake up. I have a gift for you. You’re birthday is coming remember? Are you just going to missed that?” and he sat on the chair, find for the older’s hand which becomes paler than usual “hey, wake up. You should tell me I should stop crying now right? It’s so tiring.”

Suddenly the door opened, revealing a sad Jongdae.

“No development at all” he muttered putting his bag on the table “his body is getting weaker and weaker every single day. I tried my best to help him but he’s body seems like wanted to give up. Don’t be surprised when I take him with me already.”

“What are you talking about?” and he got up to walk near Jongae closing his fist “What are you? I don’t understand you!” Chanyeol was confused and he examines Jongdae’s features.

“You don’t need to know.”

 

 

And the worst news Chanyeol had ever heard was when he find out that Junmyeon passed away, without him on his side. He almost passed out on their school. He was having his last exam that day and he ace everything and he wanted to tell this to Junmyeon but it turned out with nothing.

He went on the hospital crying, wanting to blame every people he see wearing white stupid coat “why didn’t you help him? Try everything! Try!” he yelled at the doctor.

The doctor keeps his composure down “he wasn’t responding on the medicines anymore, the operation succeeded but with the blood loss he became weaker, we tried everything but it was just a waste, nothing works anymore.”

 

He entered the room to see Jongdae alone, pulling the blanket up on Junmyeon’s face.

“Now’s the time” he muttered.

Chanyeol throws his bag somewhere and kneels down in front of Jongdae “I don’t know exactly what you are or who you are but please, please, please” he begged, tears flowing on his cheeks “please give me one more chance I know you have the control for this, I don’t know if you’re an angel or something but please give him another life. Please!”

“I can’t, it’s too late” he replied.

“Please. Please I’m begging you I need him, I promised to be better this time.”

Jongdae was only looking at his eyes.

“I was afraid of you at first, but I notice you’re the only one who’s there beside Junmyeon so I know you can do something about this. Please, I’m begging you. Please!”

 

 

 

 

And Chanyeol found himself on his room, he looks at the clock it’s 7. He can’t remember what happened but he almost passed out crying yesterday or awhile ago? He quickly took his shower and once he’s in front of their school, suddenly he remembers something.

“Junmyeon!” he ran to where Junmyeon’s room was. And he was blissful when he saw Junmyeon on his uniform. Smiling cheerfully, Junmyeon is back. He is back! Because of his happiness he entered the room and called the older “Junmyeon!”

The older turned to where he was, looking at him with confusion, he excused himself from his classmates and face him “hey, do you need something?”

Chanyeol shakes his head eagerly “No, I just missed you.”

Junmyeon looks around trying to check if someone heard him and once he notice there wasn’t he smiles “sorry, but who are you again?”

“I’m----“ Chanyeol was taken aback and swallowed,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter