Was it Really Fate?

Junmyeon and Chanyeol's Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: I was a fan a of that Tied and Tangled SuYeol story so I wanna make one. Obviously it has something to do with the string of fate. This was supposed to be Sukai tho~ but I love SuYeol. T.T And I made PCY same age with Sese and Tao and Kyungsoo same age with Junmyeon..

 

“Remember what I told you yesterday?” Minsoek’s eyes grew bigger as he shows them his pinky “about that red string of fate thing?”

The guys in front of him nodded lazily except for Junmyeon who is sipping his drink with a cheerful demeanor.

“I’m tied with someone. Look! Look!” and he shows them his pinky tied into a red string, so thin that it was almost not visible.

Junmyeon claps his hand “it was real?”

Minsoek nodded and grabs Junmyeon’s drink after the guy had placed it on the table “I find him yesterday, his name is Luhan. Captain of the soccer team.”

“And he agreed? Like I mean like you too?” Jongdae in watching his friends check on his pinky.

Minsoek nodded repeatedly “the feeling is mutual~” he sings and Junmyeon eagerly check on his pinky.

“I wish I had too!”

Baekhyun on the other side groans “like we care Minsoek, Junmyeon was the only one who believes you.”

Jongdae frowns and batted Junmyeon’s hand away “don’t believe on this kind of things! You don’t need to like someone because you believe you are tied together; the thing is you love someone because you know that you guys are meant for each other and not with this silly tied whatsoever!”

“Right, Jongdae is right!” Baekhyun agreed and placed his earphones to ignore the gagging sounds Minsoek was doing.

“Says the bitter guys” Minsoek push Jongdae away from Junmyeon and petted his hair when he frowned feeling a bit unmotivated by Jongdae’s words “’it’s okay Junmyeonie, you can find yours soon. Don’t feel sad.”

“But—no Junmyeon don’t beli--”

“Shut up!” Minseok warned sending Jongdae death glares while he continue to caressed the other’s hair “don’t mind Jongdae.”

 

Junmyeon used to be called nerd well except that he’s not out of fashion thought but now he almost forgot that there can also be interesting things other than those thick books he was reading everyday. Like ‘falling in love’ that Minsoek used to remind, Jongdae nods but not exactly agreeing. He knows Jongdae was only being protective to him, the three of them grew together like siblings, Jongdae as his protector and Minsoek as his entertainer and the hyung he always depends on to.

So when he heard about the red string of fate thing, he suddenly felt excited, it’s like those fairytale stories they used to read before when they were kids, he wanted to know who he was tied up to. Minsoeok looks very happy when he introduces Luhan on them, and he was so proud about Luhan, always talking about Luhan that Jongdae almost wants to walk out every time he uttered the name Luhan while Baekhyun send them glares almost to annoy Minsoek. But he just ignored the two, he knows inside they were happy for Minsoek. In fact he thinks it’s sweet, that Minsoek shares everything to them.

 

 

“I wish the thread on my finger would show up soon” Junmyeon muttered one day infront of Kyungsoo his classmate, with Jongdae and Sehun which is Tao, his brother’s best friend.

Jongdae wanders his eyes around the cafeteria, it’s too crowded and he finds it annoying, his stomach suddenly grumbles.

“You should get some food” Junmyeon said worriedly at him.

He nodded and gave his bag to Junmyeon to hold “I’ll be back.”

“You believe on the red string of fate?” Kyungsoo asked.

Junmyeon nodded while Sehun only watch warily.

“Well that sounds interesting though, I wish I could have one too” Kyungsoo exclaims that earns a giggle from Junmyeon.

“I don’t know what you guys were talking about but I think it’s funny.”

“Shut up Sehun!” Kyungsoo mutters and take off the younger’s cap to annoy him “where’s Jongin? What’s taking him too long to arrive?”

Sehun shrugs and saw the shoelace of his converse he’d bought awhile ago while checking for his phone on his backpack, he took it and looks at Junmyeon, great the lace’s color was red “Junmyeon let me see your pinky.”

Kyungsoo curiously watched the two “you should call him hyung remember?”

“That’s okay” Junmyeon assures him and stick his pinky out near Sehun’s face.

The younger’s move was smooth and slow, and suddenly he tied the shoelace on Junmyeon’s pinky and then tied it on his own pinky “there, you can now have your soulmate.”

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes while Junmyeon covers his mouth to laugh. Just as when Kyungsoo was gonna untie the shoelace, Chanyeol and Tao arrived.

“What’s that?” Tao points at the tied pinky of Junmyeon and Sehun, creasing his eyebrows in curiosity “you guys were playing?”

Chanyeol ignored them and went immediately beside Kyungsoo “sorry we’re late we need to finish the dance since the other one here didn’t attend” he says louder enough for Sehun to hear.

The blonde guy frowns and looks at him “I just don’t want Junmyeon and Kyungsoo hyung to wait.”

“Nice rationale” Tao nods and went to seat between Junmyeon and Sehun, untying the shoelace on his brother’s pinky “but we all know how you only want to flirt with my hyung.”

Chanyeol smirks and placed his hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder affectionately “right. What’s with that thread?”

Kyungsoo laughs and push the hand on his shoulder “it’s about the red string of fate, when you find out that your pinky has a thin string tied on it means your destined one has already arrive.”

“That’s ridiculous” Chanyeol muttered, Junmyeon on the other hand just raise both his eyebrows.

They always spend their time together like that; they are used to hang out with Chanyeol and Sehun since they were all Tao’s classmates. And Tao sometimes cannot leave his brother’s side so he used to bring the two which is why they are closed with them. Except that Kyungsoo knows Chanyeol a little longer, as he used to say they were best friends.

 

 

It’s a sunny Monday morning when Junmyeon arrive at the school skipping happily, he doesn’t have books on his hands and the glasses he sometimes used weren’t present, Minseok was watching him hums while they walk inside their room.

Jongdae glares at him before nudging his waist “what’s with you today?”

“I have a good news, I’ll tell it later.”

 

 

And once the four of them arrive at the cafeteria, the usual place, Junmyeon let them sit around the table.

“What’s the good news?” Kyungsoo was the first one to ask pulling a chair to let him seat.

Junmyeon giggles and raises his hand “Look! Look!”

The three guys look at his hand in awe.

“You—you have the string!” Minsoek pointed out

Jongdae gasped and touch his pinky “it can’t be.”

“Congratulations!” Kyungsoo said and immediately hugs Junmyeon “who is the other person on the end of that thread?”

Junmyeon shrugs “I still haven’t checked, I feel so nervous.”

“Well then let’s find him!” and Minsoek drags Junmyeon away from his seat.

 

 

“He can’t be that far, right?” Jongdae irritably asked as they follow the thread.

Kyungsoo just grunts at him while Minsoek glares.

“Oh I think were near” Minseok muttered as they go through the hallway, the thread suddenly tugs Junmyeon’s finger a bit. They take few more steps until they landed at the door of the dance room.

“Wait” Jongdae moved forward and checked the door “this was the practice room your brother used.”

Kyungsoo nodded.

“Well then let’s open the door to see who was Junmyeon’s other half!” Minsoek shouted and offered to open the door.

They almost stumble entering the room, the wander their eyes around to see only three guys facing the mirror.

 

 

“Hyungs?” Tao gasped and walk near Junmyeon “what’re you doing here?”

“Tao show me your pinky!” Jongdae muttered but Minseok slaps his shoulder.

“He was Junmyeon’s brother he couldn’t be his soulmate!”

Kyungsoo’s eyes followed where the thread was and his yes landed on a familiar hand, he tilted his head and points at him “the guy…it’s…it’s Chanyeol!”

And the three other guys stare at Chanyeol, and they surely saw the red thread shimmering on the open fluorescent on his pinky.

Sehun raises his eyebrows and then after that checks on his friend “what’s with Chanyeol?”

 

And Minsoek suddenly push Junmyeon forward “go talk to him, and explain” and with that he pulls Jongdae and Kyungsoo and the others including Tao out of the room, forgetting Sehun who’s giving strange glances at them. But Minsoek was fast to notice him and he quickly grabs the younger’s hand before closing the door.

 

 

Chanyeol was in shock, eyes still on the closed door. Junmyeon shyly walk near him.

“Hey Chanyeol.”

The younger fidgeted, but looks the older anyways “hey hyung, what’s wrong with them?”

“Well, it’s uh about this” and Junmyeon shows his finger towards the taller “I find the red string tied around my pinky this morning.”

Chanyeol looks at his finger oddly “and?”

“And I find out that the other end was tied on your pinky” Junmyeon stated and he gladly holds the other’s finger “See? It was you.”

Chanyeol shakes his head and tug his hand back “I can’t see anything, that’s funny. You hyungs stop playing a joke with me.”

 

 

“I think this fate thing won’t work for me” Junmyeon sadly stated and slump his body on the chair. He was all excited and cheery awhile ago but now he feels like he’s gonna faint anytime soon.

Jongdae rubs his back gently, worried how Junmyeon went out the room with a gloomy expression.

“That’s okay” Minsoek assured and joined in caressing Junmyeon’s hair “Chanyeol must be just shock, he’ll going to get used to it.”

Kyungsoo nodded and move his seat near Junmyeon “Yeah Minseok is right Junmyeon, but I have a question.”

“What?” Baekhyun butts in, trying to scribble around something on his notebook.

“Not you, on Minsoek” Kyungsoo exclaimed and looks at Minsoek “why do Chanyeol can’t see the thread?”

Minsoek pause for a minute and thinks “probably because…..”

They waited for a few seconds but Minsoek can’t think of an answer and so Baekhyun clears his throat and stands up, stuffing his things inside his bag.

“Probably because he doesn’t believe in that red string of fate, to be honest I can’t see the strings on your fingers either” and Baekhyun half smiles and gave a pat on Junmyeon’s shoulder “it’s okay Junmyeonie, don’t lose hope.” He bids before finally walking away “need to go. See you tomorrow.”

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol asked as they were walking home that day. Usually they walk home together but Jongdae and Minsoek declined saying they need to cheer Junmyeon up. While Sehun and Tao joined them in.

“Yeah?”

Chanyeol hesitated at first but he asked him anyway “do you believe that red thread fate or something?”

Kyungsoo turns to him and he nodded “yeah, I do. And I wish mine would show up soon” he uttered checking his little finger.

Chanyeol scoffs and put his cap “that sounds so funny. What if the person you were tied onto wasn’t the person you actually like? Wouldn’t it be fair?”

Kyungsoo frowns and walked faster leaving Chanyeol two steps behind “I don’t know, but the thread won’t tie onto someone you wouldn’t like. It’s fate, so I believe there’s fairness.”

And after a few more steps Kyungsoo stops, facing the gate which was actually the Do’s residence, he looks one last time at Chanyeol and smiles “I hope you wouldn’t let Junmyeon feel down, he was so happy to know it was you.”

 

 

Kris went to visit Chanyeol that night after his friend couldn’t stop texting him about his destined one or soulmate.

“I couldn’t believe it, he told we are tied together” Chanyeol says waggling his feet on his bed, Kris smacks his feet.

“You sound like a kid.”

“But I am! I am still 17 Kris, 17! And he said we are tied together, like forever!” Chanyeol finds it funny at first cause he thought Junmyeon was playing a joke with him. But he found out later on that Junmyeon doesn’t play jokes on anyone, and he was serious when he explains it to him “I even closed my eyes and concentrate but I couldn’t see any string tied on my finger!”

Kris laughs and check his finger “There is!” he yelled and Chanyeol sat up on his bed a bit surprised “there is nothing” he continued afterwards and laugh.

Chanyeol smacks his head and heave a deep sigh before he lie down again.

“But I have an idea.”

“What?”

“What if just go play with his feelings, maybe just, just pretend at first that you do like him too and that after a few more months you’re gonna act cold, cheat on him then if it worked he might be the one to give up. How was that?”

Chanyeol nodded processing what his best friend had just said while facing the ceiling “sounds good, but he might think I’m giving him the chance to—“

“It’s for the better” Kris cut off “he’s Kyungsoo’s best friend, at least if he knew he was the first one to give up then that Doe eye guy might still care for you and not blame or worse, hate you.”

“Great.”

 

 

 

“Hey Junmyeon” Chanyel greeted rather forcing himself to smile when the guy tilted his head to look at him, he placed the drink in front of him and comfortably seat with his side “about yesterday, I—uh…I’ve think about it that I do actually saw the string and…and I’m happy that I’m tied with you.”

He notice how Junmyeon’s expression was surprised, even the other people on the table.

Kyungsoo was the first one to express his feelings “that’s great Yeol! I’m so happy for both of you.”

Chanyeol forced his smile again looking at Kyungsoo, and the next move he was more surprised was when Junmyeon clings his hand on his arm blushing madly.

“Re—really?” he asked.

Chanyeol nodded “yeah, I bought you your favorite drink. Here!” and he slide the drink nearer.

Minsoek and the others cheer up, except for Jongdae who is sending them all a bored look.

That’s when Tao and Sehun arrived looking for Chanyeol, he even sacrifice his time not to practice to confess to Junmyeon. Which to be honest he practice with Kris so he might not blurt out unnecessary things.

“Whoa” Tao muttered looking directly at Chanyeol “you were absent because of what? Flirting with Kyungsoo hyung this time?”

Sehun nodded “yeah, we all know how you like Kyungsoo-hyung.”

Everyone went on silence, looking at each other’s faces curiously. Junmyeon felt a bit embarrassed and slowly remove his hand that was cling on his arm but Chanyeol was fast to catch it and intertwine their fingers, he laughs “silly, I’m just close with Kyungsoo hyung. It’s not bad to like the one you are destined with right?”

 

 

They were all heading home when suddenly they disperse one by one which is to Junmyeon’s surprised.

Tao at first wasn’t pleased with them leaving the couple alone especially that both of them Sehun agrees. Minsoek did his best to drag the two away, until Junmyeon and Chanyeol were walking alone hand in hand.

Junmyeon giggles and tightens the hold “I’m so happy.”

Chanyeol only nodded.

“I thought you wouldn’t give us a chance” and Junmyeon tilted his head to meet his eyes “it’s looks really cool looking at the strings so close together.”

“Yeah, they were” he says looking at their hands although he couldn’t actually see any strings.

 

 

 

The three dancers, Sehun, Chanyeol and Tao dance quietly. Once the music had stop after three songs, Tao forcedly cleared his throat and walk past by Chanyeol taking his seat on the floor.

Sehun exit the door and soon came back holding three bottles of water, he throws the other at Tao while he hit the other bottle rather forcedly on Chanyeol’s chest.

Chanyeol reacted and push the guy after taking the bottle “what’s wrong with the two of you?” he blurted out.

“What’s actually your plan about my hyung?” Tao asked looking at him seriously, this take a lot of courage for Chanyeol to hold back his gaze at him. He knows how Tao’s a suspicious person and he was scary when he gets mad. He turns his gaze at Sehun but the latter was busy checking his phone.

“I—was just being real, he likes me and I like him. He said were destined together so why not? He’s a good person after all.”

Sehun gave him a suspicious glare before he sighs and glance at Tao.

“It’s not that I don’t like you for him but I’m just curious, you were all that mushy mushy with Kyungsoo hyung before and now all of a sudden you and hyung were already together? Like I can’t believe it.”

Chanyeol shrugs and open the cap of his water bottle “it’s the feelings guys. It can change any time” and his attention catch Sehun’s scoff “Sehun. I know you like Junmyeon hyung so I hope this won’t ruin our friendship.”

Sehun nodded “yeah it’s fine” he answered sarcastically “as long as I can land a punch first on your face.”

Tao laughs this time and push himself to stand “right” he answered please at how the way Sehun smirk at him “why don’t we give him such lesson?”

“You guys were joking right?” Chanyeol asked but the way how the smile playing on their lips makes him move away from the two “were friends we don’t need to--” and he felt a playful punch right on his stomach, those familiar punches he used to received when he lose at their games, he knows they were happy for him. Even though he felt a sudden guilt on his stomach but inside he seems to feel the opposite, feels like the plan would turn out to be good.

 

 

“Where’d you get this?” Junmyeon asked as soon as he sits down beside him after their practice, Chanyeol knows Junmyeon and his friends will be going to wait there again.

He shakes his head “nothing, we were playing awhile ago and I accidentally punch the door.”

Jongdae watches them in disgust especially when Junmyeon started to blow at the cut on his knuckles to lessen the pain.

“That was just a small cut Junmyeon” Kyungsoo reminded and looks at Chanyeol.

“Kyung but it still hurts!” he muttered making a childish pout at Kyungsoo.

Jongdae rolls his eyes this time “stop it!”

“That’s okay” Junmyeon exclaimed and rummage something on his bag “I have band aid here.” And once he found it, he slowly and gently put it on the part where the cut was and beams at him “there. I hope you’re going to take care of yourself next time.”

Chanyeol nodded.

 

 

Probably for Junmyeon, it was the busiest day for them. Jongdae and Kyungsoo had a practiced on the glee club so they weren’t present for lunch break. Tao and Sehun as usual went to watch for the soccer match, Baekhyun was there too asking him to join them but he declined saying he has some research to do but the real thing is he just wanted to spend the time alone with Chanyeol on the library. He seems to find it sweet having a study date with the guy you love.

He texted the guy awhile ago, and he receive a reply saying he’ll just finish something but it was almost half an hour the younger was still nowhere on his sight. 30 minutes before the class ended.

He decided to leave when the most of the student are already leaving, he checks on his phone for the last time before he finally exits the room. The date can wait he says to himself they can have all the time for the next days.

 

Chanyeol isn’t a bad boyfriend for what Junmyeon thinks, although he has the habit of not texting him, not even asking for his permission and opinion but he still manage to apologize every time they met in the lunch breaks. He always brings him his favorite drink. But what’s far more curious was that Chanyeol has never actually asked him for a date. He was not that desperate to have a date with him but he wanted to know how it actually feels having a date with the guy you love. But one thing he noticed was that Chanyeol wanted to spend more of his time together with his friends and he can’t hide the fact that he always ask for Kyungsoo or sometimes Tao but mostly Kyungsoo.

 

 

“You two had never in a formal date, right?” Minsoek asked while they were at their room, Jongdae holding his book, it’s noisy but he can hear enough what Minseok was asking.

Junmyeon nodded, pout evidence on his face but then when he saw Jongdae he smiles immediately.

“Something wrong?” he asked instead and pulls his chair near Junmyeon “don’t hesitate to ask me.”

“It’s none. He was busy I know, especially at their dance group.”

“And not to forget he even entered glee club” Jongdae muttered boredly.

Minsoek raises his eyebrow “really?”

Junmyoen was shock too; he doesn’t know that, Chanyeol never tells him anything about it.

“What? You didn’t know that?”

But all of them turn their heads when Kyungsoo arrived at their room with Chanyeol beside him, they chat for a few more seconds before the guy finally waves his hand and Kyungsoo entered the room.

Jongdae frowns “yah what’s wrong with him? Doesn’t he know that this is your room too? He didn’t even greet you.”

“Junmyeon is there some—“

“Hey guys!” Kyungsoo greeted rather cheerfully and sat on Junmyeon’s table “why don’t we hang out tomorrow?”

“Like having a barbecue party and a bonfire?” Minsoek ask since it’s been playing in his mind this kind of get-together these past few days.

“Exactly” Kyungsoo snaps “Chanyeol and I were planning that thing awhile ago that he even forgot to greet Junmyeon since he was too excited.”

Minsoek raises both his eyebrows “Oh, well. Let’s ask the others first, but that sounds good. What do you think Junmyeon?”

Junmyeon suddenly felt satisfied, Chanyeol must just maybe excited that they can hang out tomorrow. “Sure, I would love it” he answered quickly. Jongdae wasn’t please but Junmyeon was fast to hold his hand “Jongdae please?”

 

 

“Okay, here we are!!!!” Tao shouted excitedly and grabs his hyung’s wrist out of the car facing the beach “thanks god for the long vacation” he uttered.

Junmyeon nodded and turn around to see that the guys rather the manly one was picking their luggage and bags out of the car, and Chanyeol accidentally catches his gaze and he smiles at him he looks away quickly blush running through his cheeks.

 

 

They played around the whole day, Junmyeon couldn’t find a time to spend the day with Chanyeol alone since he notice that he was always clinging to Kyungsoo. He doesn’t know if the others notice it but he can observe from the way Chanyeol’s eyes that he was so happy watching Kyungsoo when they tease around cooking the barbecues. He’s not sure if these things should made him jealous but he knows Chanyeol is Kyungsoo’s best friend, so it’s natural to see them really close and happy.

He couldn’t excuse himself to help since Baekhyun and Jongdae drags him to the sea after asking for Chanyeol’s permission.

Sehun and Tao were busy playing volleyball, while Luhan and Minsoek decided to walk around.

His not doubting his soulmate instead he trust him. He knows trusting each other can make relationship stay longer.

 

 

Right after their lunch, that’s when Kyungsoo decided to take a nap and went inside the rest house. Junmyeon drags Chanyeol away from the others and they walk near the shore ignoring the glares Tao and Sehun was giving at Chanyeol.

“Thank god we finally have the time alone” he exclaimed and the younger felt his fingers entwined at his. There was a sudden guilt he felt, making his stomach behave in such an uncomfortable way, he didn’t notice he was gaping at him already “Chanyeol? Is there something on my face?”

The latter regain his thoughts after Junmyeon caressed his cheek “I--uh sorry. Did you enjoy yourself swimming?”

Junmyeon nodded happily and his hand finds its way back to him again, he swallowed hard looking away. Why does he even agree on this kind of plan? He kinda felt guilty and sorry for him. Junmyeon’s such a nice guy, he was caring, he was clingy for sure but he was sweet. Just the opposite of the person he likes. And now that he sticks with Junmyeon, the more he got to fall in love with Kyungsoo. He can’t take his eyes away from the little guy, he’s definitely attractive especially his lips, his eyes, his voice and most especially his comforting side and the way he cooks deliciously with food.

It was never his plan to fall in love with Junmyeon. He can’t feel the spark.

Junmyeon suddenly tugs his hand and points at the sea “look it’s sunset, it’s beautiful.”

“Yeah” Chanyeol nodded back again, he can’t control himself to utter simple words when talking to Junmyeon. He can’t even open a conversation with him not with the way he’s comfortable with Kyungsoo. And it terrified him that Junmyeon might not want to let him go now that he’s always thinking about the thread.

“I ask Minseok about the strings.”

Chanyeol looks at him with curiosity “and?” The light that was coming from the sun illuminates more the color of Junmyeon’s hair, it looks like interesting to watch how it change its colors and the way he admire the sunset swaying their hands together.

“I ask him if the strings can have the chance of breaking” Junmyeon waited for the latter’s hum before he continued “and he said no, it will only get tangled or it’ll get stretch but it will never break.”

“That’s cool” he muttered not sure what to say next but what Junmyeon had made has left him in awe, he felt a soft lips settled on his cheek.

Junmyeon breaks it almost immediately and smiles at him, happy but shy “I really hope the strings will never break.”

 

 

The bonfire they made was a complete mess, the fire was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter