FROM FAKE LOVE TO REAL LOVE

Junmyeon and Chanyeol's Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon was sulking on the left corner of the cafeteria with a worried Jongdae beside him, trying to calm him down by running a hand up and down through his back. With his situation, puffy red eyes, dark circles around his eyes, a pimple on his left cheek and a very pale lips that you would think he had just finished from drinking vinegar.

“That’s enough Junmyeon, he’s not worth enough to cry for” Jongdae muttered while he helps to wipe the sweat that was forming on Junmyeon’s forehead. On their table with a messy notebooks and Jongdae’s tray of food. Junmyeon was just staring blankly on his chemistry book.

“Come on” Jongdae had said again “were just in high school. Hearbreaks are just normal, just don’t sulk like that like you’ve just lost all the things in the world.”

Junmyeon sighs, before a single tear slid on his cheek, he saw on the cafeteria that Jongin was queuing with the other students and his precious eyes he used to adore before were now directly gazing someone, not him anymore but Do Kyungsoo!  They had just broke up a week ago, Jongin saying he had enough,  that their relationship had been less interactive already, him on his work as a president on Student council and Jongin on his dance group. They had fights, they had their misunderstanding but it never went on like this, BREAK-UP. It just happened when, Do Kyungsoo, now the new president of Glee club along with Baekhyun, had transferred into their school that stop their romance.

He couldn’t believe, the three years of their relationship had just turned into waste. Into something he never wanted, on something he never had thought it would actually happen. And here he was, reminiscing the moments he had with Jongin. For how many days he hadn’t sleep, thinking he couldn’t move on, he just thank that Chanyeol and Jongdae was there to help him and remind him to eat and sleep in any case it help him lessen the pain.

Jongdae groans when he Junmyeon slump his head on the table and started sobbing though it wasn’t that loud, he can feel Junmyeon was trying to hide those silent sobs.

“How many days he was ignoring you?”

No answer.

“He was dumb, okay? What will happen to you if I ever had to leave in class? Who would be the one to comfort you? Come on Junmyeon, stop crying.”

“I—I’m sorry”

“He should be the one saying sorry to me not you, but I swear if he ever comes into my way, even if I’m one of those role model in here I would not think twice to land a punch on his face”

 

 

The following day was no improvement, no change, Junmyeon as usual sits on the left corner in the cafeteria with his notes and books in front of him, moping. The fact that Jongin was a bit far away, while giving Kyungsoo kisses on the lips even if they were on public, he had never done that thing to him. Never in their three years of being a couple. He would always say it was embarrassing or he was too young for that thing but now, look at him, they look like an underrated couple giving kisses to each other.

He creases his eyebrow in annoyance until someone blocked the view.

“Whoa there” the voice had exclaim and he put his thumb finger between Junmyeon’s eyebrow and rub it “I hate it when you’re doing that.”

Junmyeon lift his head to see who it was “Chanyeol…”

“Yep” and the tall guy smiles brightly, totally different form the way Junmyeon’s lips were formed. He takes his seat without even asking Junmyeon “Jongdae commanded me to give you a company this time while he was doing his research, he promised it will be just that fast.”

“Yeah.” Junmyeon answered and put the pen he was holding on the table, he deeply sighs.

“Junmyeon…”

Junmyeon didn’t look this time, he know what he was going to ask again, he had heard enough, he didn’t want Chanyeol, he loves him, yeah but he can never love him like the way how he loves Jongin. He was just a friend.

“I’ve already said my answer Chanyeol” Junmyeon reminded in a monotous voice, flipping the pages of his book.

“Why don’t we try?” he insisted and although Junmyeon can’t see his movements fully, he notice how his hand wanted to hold his “I’m willing to try, I’m willing to take the pain. Just be with me.”

“Why can’t you just stop?!” this time Junmyeon face him, he had not yet recovered from heart ache and here was another guy again annoying him.

Chanyeol didn’t reply for a minute, before he looks away, trying not to meet his eyes. “I wasn’t asking you to love me too; I was just asking if you could let me take care of you to love you. And I’m willing to wait until you could love me too.”

Jumyeon scoffs “and what if I said yes and I would break up with you when I saw another guy and had move on from Jongin?”

“I would be happy, because you’ve let me be with you and take care of you when you were on your biggest heart ache.”

“Chanyeol…..”

“Please…say yes?”

 

 

 

 

The smile on Jongdae’s face was afar unusual with the way he smiles before. He took his seat just beside Chanyeol and his eyes were directed at Junmyeon who was busy scribbling something on his paper. Although Junmyeon had already stop crying like he used to before, the dark circles and heartbreak was still evident except Chanyeol has never been that happy and that Junmyeon was never alone again.

“So when does this romance start?” Jongdae asked with a smirk playing on his lips.

“Just this week” Chanyeol answered putting a straw on a drink he took on his tray and put it in front of Jumyeon. Junmyeon notice it but he never bothers to thank him.

Jongdae happily clasped his hands “I’m happy for you guys! Finally!”

Junmyeon tilted his head and he smiles at Jongdae...wry smile.

Jongdae chuckles and suddenly his phone ring he answered before finally decided to wave goodbye “Ooops, as much as I wanted to spend time with you guys I can’t…They need me at the supply office probably a problem. See you later.”

 

Right after Jongdae had waved goodbye, Junmyeon took the milk and started drinking it. Suddenly he saw a familiar figure on the cafeteria; it was Jongin and Kyungsoo again. He grimaced and looked away.

When unexpectedly someone grabs his hand, he turned to see Chanyeol holding his hand smiling.

“I want to do something.”

Junmyeon throws him a curious look “what?”

Chanyeol had already folded his fingers except for the forefinger and middle finger. Doing a peace sign “put your fingers like this.” He demonstrated and move his two fingers like the ears of bunny.

Out of curiosity Junmyeon did the same and move his fingers like ears “so, what’s this? A game?”

But suddenly Chanyeol connect his two fingers on his “nope.”

Junmyeon didn’t protest and just let it be “what’s this?” he asked looking at their connected fingers.

“A kiss.”

Junmyeon stops abruptly to examine the fingers until he placed the milk on the table and laugh “A kiss? How come?”

Chanyeol hides his blush and look away “well…I just imagine this was our lips connected, and were going to do this often.”

Junmyeon for the first time laugh truly after the break-up, he might not love Chanyeol but he could still be a great companion.

 

 

 

Junmyeon gave a questioning look at Chanyeol, who were waiting on the door of their classroom “were you just waiting for me?”

“Yeah?”

Junmyeon walked first and the latter followed him “I’m not just used to it. Jongin had never done this before. I was always the one to wait for him.”

Chanyeol just smiles, shyly scratching his head “I’m sorry, I was just excited to walk you home.”

 

 

On their way of walking home, both are silent. Suddenly Chanyeol grab Junmyeon’s backpack and sling it on his shoulder “I’m a bad boyfriend. I just let you carry your bag like that. Sorry”

“You’re taking this relationship seriously.”

Silence.

“Remember what you’ve told me before?”

“Yeah. I’ll never forget that” Chanyeol said and stop right in front of the Kim’s residence. “Here you go” and he gently give back the bag.

“Thanks….Chanyeol” Junmyeon muttered before turning away.

“Wait…” and the taller grab Junmyeon’s wrist, before putting his two fingers on Junmyeon’s cheek “Thanks to you. Goodbye. See you tomorrow.”

Before Junmyeon could say Chanyeol had already ran away. He touch his cheek, somehow that felt so different.

 

 

“Good morning” Chanyeol greeted Junmyeon right after Junmyeon entered the gate. He just smiles at him “I’ll walk you to your room?”

Junmyeon nodded, it feels great to have someone with you as always, not that Jongin wasn’t like that. But he’s not that always with him though, since he was the leader on their dance group he sometimes can’t balance his time for him. But the thing that he adored a lot about him was that he was careful at every action he does and he never let him be in shame.

“Lunch later?”

“Weren’t were doing that for a straight three weeks already?” he asked.

Chanyeol chuckles “Sorry…it’s just that we have a practice later and I was just making sure you wanted to have lunch with me so I could balance my time.”

‘Bingo’ Junmyeon thought, ‘that was the thing that lacks on Jongin.’

“Yeah. Sure. I’ll text you.”

 

 

 

“Junmyeon, right?” Junmyeon tilted to see who it was.

The guy with a blonde hair smiles showing his dimple. ‘Cute’ he nodded when he he realized the blonde guy was still waiting for his answer, he nodded slowly.

“Well” he shyly rubs his head, ‘totally cute.’ “I’m Yixing. I saw you sitting here alone so I’ll just take this opportunity to talk with you.”

“Oh…okay?” Junmyeon answered and put back his things on his bag, he was about to answer his assignments while waiting for Chanyeol but he guess he’ll just deal with this guy first.

“I wanna ask you if you wanted to come this Saturday. It’s a party, celebration for my first song that got recognized by this group called Exo. The song was actually written because of you.”

“I uhh…what??”

“Please don’t say no”

“A song?”

“You were the reason why I wrote that song and now the copyright was brought by an entertainment and I just feel so happy.”

“I’m sorr---“ Chanyeol put his bag on Junmyeon’s side and look at Yixing. “Hey”

“Hey back” Yixing waved “You are?”

“He’s Chanyeol” Junmyeon piped “He’s my…..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter