Chapter 7

Mistaken Endearment

 

I woke up and looked at the ceiling of the living room for a while before I remembered what had happened. I lifted my head up, realizing Ambers head was on my stomach. I placed my hand under her head and lifted her off of me, standing up and holding Amber as if she were a toddler. It hurt to step on my foot but I made it to the room, tucking Amber in bed. I sat next to her for a while, looking at how cute she looked. I laid down on my side of the bed. I saw how she opened her eyes slowly. "Minho!" She said right when she looked at me, opening her arms and throwing herself at me while still in bed. Her arms went on my sides, squeezing me and the rest of her was on top of me. "Sorry. It's my fault I'm so glad you're okay!" Amber spoke into my chest. She took my hand and placed it in her hair. My heart was pumping faster than ever. "Amber. Don't lay like that. I doubt it's good for you." I gently rolled her back to her side and faced my back towards her. "Goodnight." She said. I figured she was still half asleep. "Goodnight." My eyes were wide open and I kept wanting her to hug me like that again. I got off the bed a while later when I knew for sure that she was asleep, heading into the kitchen, realizing she had cleaned everything the night before. I heard her phone ringing and ran to get it before she woke up. "Hello?" I rudely answered her phone without permission. "Minho!" Taemin stretched the o. "What?" I flopped onto the couch where the hotel phone was, dialing for food. "Where's Amber?" He asked. "Sleeping." I spoke. "Did you sleep with her?" He chuckled. "Respect." I said. "It's earned." He added. "Well how has she not earned your respect?" I asked "I don't think anyone could earn my respect with the outfits she wears." Taemin angered me. I realized how much he'd changed since he came back from America. The lady on the end of the other phone picked up "hi can I get some room service please?" I spoke, shutting the phone that had Taemin was on the line, ordering breakfast and then turning the tv on, focusing all my attention on it. Amber walked out hunched down, with her arms around her stomach. Her face inflated and she ran back into the room, covering with her hand. I got up to see what was wrong, hearing her vomit from in the washroom. "Amber, are you okay?" I knocked on the locked door. She said nothing. I heard the tap go on and the door unlock. I slowly turned the knob, she was washing her face. Amber walked into my chest, wrapping her arms around me. I took a step back, not wanting to fall. I realized she was crying because of her sniffles. "Don't cry Amber." I tightened my arms around her. "I don't want to be pregnant Minho." I felt her tears soak through my shirt. "Sorry." I rested my cheek on the top of her head, rubbing my hand down her back. "Would you do the same? If someone accidentally went into your house at night would you them?" Her voice got higher as she cried. "Id never do that Amber." She tightened her grip around me. The doorbell rang "I really like you Minho." She pulled away from me, walking out the room. "I'll get it." She said. I thought about how her words injected me with hope and happiness. I ran to stop her from opening the door. "Go back inside, people will get the wrong idea if they see you like that." I gently pushed her behind me and made my way to the door to get the food, giving a tip to the guy who had brought the food as he left. 
 
 "Is your foot okay?" She asked, taking the food from me, grabbing the utensils and bringing the food to the living room. "It's fine." I followed her and we sat on the floor, legs tucked under the coffee table, eyes on the tv as we ate. I saw her picking up her phone from the corner of her eye and scrolling through her texts. "Jonghyun messaged me, asking about you." Amber turned her head towards me. "Don't reply." I stuffed food in my mouth. "." She muttered. "Wha-" "Theres only three hours left till the party!" She cut me off, eating her food faster. "Slow down Amber." I placed my hand onto hers, realizing it got awkward and quickly pulling away, continuing to eat in silence. "I'll go get ready." She said after finishing her food. "I'll stay in the washroom so you can use the room." Amber carried her dishes to the sink and then walked into the room. I kept thinking about her telling me she liked me earlier, not sure the kind of like I wanted it to be, but not admitting to myself that I would be fine with either one. I finished eating and went to go change my clothes, zipping my pants up as Amber walked out the washroom, rubbing her hair with a towel, wearing my shirt. "Nice shirt." I pointed at her. "It only looks nice cause it's on me." She awkwardly smiled, turning towards the mirror and placing ten different products on her face at one time. I buttoned up my shirt, realizing there was no Jonghyun here to help me tie my tie. "Amber. Do you know how to tie a tie?" I walked over to her, carrying my tie. "Yeah, I had to learn for a skit I did back in highschool." She turned grabbing my tie and pushed herself onto the tips of her toes, placing it over my neck. I lowered my face towards hers and watched the way she quickly tied the tie. "You're taller than usual. I gently poked her stomach, forgetting she was balanced on her toes and she took a step back, almost tripping but I caught her placing my arm around her waist, her grip on my tie tightened, pulling me inches away from her lips my hand went on the wall behind us, stopping us from falling on one another. I stayed like that for a while, not breaking eye contact before I realized what I was doing and stepped away. "Thank you." I formally bowed to her, thanking her for tying my tie. "Get out of here, you're making everything more awkward." She placed her hand on my face and pushed me away. "Just let me do my hair." I stood beside her, pushing my hair up and styling it the way Jonghyun said it looked the best.... Jonghyun why was I thinking of him at a time like this. I finished my hair, putting cologne on, followed by my dress coat, and then left Amber alone for her to change.
 
Amber walked out the room her head hanging over her body as she examined the dress and how it looked on her, her hair was up in a bun and the long black dress fit her snugly exposing the right amount of everything, I couldn't help but stare."Can you tell?" She asked. I couldn't say anything when she looked up at me. "Is it obvious I'm pregnant?" She placed her arms on her stomach. "There's a bit of a bump, but you can easily pass it off as weight gain, it doesn't look obvious." I said. "You look handsome." She awkwardly smiled at me. I placed my arm over her shoulders, "Should we post this handsome face on Instagram?" I asked. "Ew." She said, pulling out her phone and smiling, taking a picture of us and immediately posting it. "I look better, see the comments are about me." Amber sarcastically bragged. "Well at least you know." I chuckled. "Shut up." She pushed me away. And then walked over, holding her hand out. "May I have this date?" She held in her laugh. "I'm sure it's dance, but date sounds better." I placed my hand in hers and then we walked out the door. 
 
It was dark when we arrived at the hall, upstairs was the entrance to a few different things going on, the dance area , the classy wine and dinner area and there was also an area for checking in. I placed my arm tightly around Ambers waist as we checked in and headed to drink some wine, which only I'd be doing, And eat some food. We made our way down the stairs slowly. I noticed how all the heads turned to look towards us slowly. I turned my head towards Amber and smiled. "Looks fake enough." She whispered through her smile. Too bad it wasn't fake, she actually did look stunning. I turned back and looked at the people when we had made it down the stairs, greeting people who were older and more experienced than me and people who greeted me because I was older and more experienced than them. Amber got lost in the crowd for a few minutes before I finally spotted her laughing with Krystal. I walked over to them. "Minho! Who knew, huh?" Krystal nudged me. I smiled. "Right." I smiled and looked over at Amber, who looked shy as she broke eye-contact. "Was it that night you called me?" Krystal asked. I placed my arm around Amber hoping it wouldn't bring up any horrible memories. "You could say that." Amber faked a laugh, brushing my arm off of herself, excusing herself and heading towards the drinks. I followed her. "Amber what are you doing. You can't drink that." I took the wine away from her and chugged it down, lowering my head and noticing Jonghyun standing in the back. I pretended not to notice and walked away from the drinks with Amber, who had grabbed my hand. The volume of the music went up and they started playing slow music. "Can I have this dance?" I asked Amber the same way she had asked me to be her date, once I saw more people starting to slow dance. "Is that even a question?" She placed her arms around me and rested her head on my chest. I placed my arms around her and moved my lips close to her ear, informing her that I saw Jonghyun. Amber looked up at me and I placed her face against my neck, lowering my eyes. "Where?" She whispered. "I don't know I saw him when we were near the table." I moved my hand up to her head, placing it back on my chest as we slowly danced around. She whispered something into my chest and I lowered my head to hear it. "Huh?" I asked. "Are you fine?" Her voice was barley a whisper I felt her breath on my cheek, feeling butterflies. "Oh. Uh. Yeah." I moved my head back and rested it on hers. We danced until the music stopped. I had totally ignored the amount of people who were talking pictures of us, despite being pop stars themselves. I smiled at all of them, when we finished dancing, while I took Ambers hand and found an empty table to sit on. 
 
I finished eating and then watched Amber eat the remaining of her food. "Let's go walk around some more." She said once her plate was empty. I did as she said, she put her arm around my back this time, under my coat and put her other arm around my stomach locking me in her arms. "Taking advantage of me?" I chuckled placing my arm over her shoulder as we walked up the stairs. Amber laughed "You're just glad to have me so close to you." She spoke. "Of course I am." I said as we made it up the stairs, bumping into Jonghyun. He looked at me and then at Amber, who only had her arm around my back now. "Hey Amber." It was weird to hear his voice after so long. "Let's go Amber." I moved to the side, walking around him. He grabbed my hand and yanked me out of Ambers arm. I didn't say anything to him, keeping in mind that there was probably a lot of paparazzi watching us from outside, twisting my arm out of his grip and turning away. Amber stepped closer to me, putting one hand on my chest and pulled my tie with the other hand, forcing me to bring my face closer to hers. She looked me in the eyes for a few seconds before closing her eyes and placing her lips onto mine, wrapping both of her arms around my neck. I heard my heart pound louder and faster with each passing second, and then I felt a mixture of tingly with butterflies. I closed my eyes and acted as if we had kissed before, placing my hand on the part of her back which was revealed and pulling her in closer. I tried to freeze myself in the way this felt before I had to pull away, not wanting to make any eye contact I hugged her before she could step away.  I felt her arms wrapped tightly around me and did to same to her before she pulled away, not looking me in the eye. 
 
 
I followed her out the door and we began walking towards our hotel, realizing it would be much less awkward if we didn't have to wait for a ride back. She took her shoes off and walked bare foot. I would've offered her my shoes but she was walking too far ahead for her to hear my request. I caught up to her. Placing my coat over her and sliding my hand close to hers, grabbing her shoes from her. She said nothing. I wanted to try and break the silence but instead I held her hand.  I felt her hand tighten around mine she gently slid her thumb side to side on my hand. I looked up at the dark sky and smiled as wide as I could, feeling happiness take over me. She yanked me over to the other side, I looked ahead again, noticing I almost walked into a pole. "Thanks." I managed to say. She still said nothing, taking her hand out of mine and wrapping her arms around herself. "Are you cold?" I asked, sitting down on the bench In front of our hotel and pulling her in front of me as I buttoned my coat which was already over her. "Minho." She spoke, taking a seat down besides me."Can you not be so nice to me anymore." It was more of a demand than a question. "Huh? Why?" I was confused. She poked her hands out of the coat and covered her face with them. "I-I-I'm af-f-fraid." Her voice trailed off. "I'm afraid I'll fall in love with you." I could tell she was crying, it was as if someone had ripped out the happiness from me and jumped on it a few times, crushing it completely. "And I'm only afraid because." Her voice trailed off. "This is so selfish of me. You'll never like me back. I shouldn't even be thinking of actually dating you but I am. I like being around you more than I should and I've developed a almost extreme hatred for Jonghyun for causing you to break down." Amber was quiet. "Please just. It even embarrasses me to ask you to stop caring because if it wasn't for you my career would probably be over. I'm very thankful to you, I just don't want to ruin our friendship." She sobbed. "Please keep your distance." Amber got up and walked into the hotel before I could say anything. My heart felt heavy. How did feel about Amber. Of course I liked her, but I didn't know if I liked her friendship, flirting with her, or acting like her boyfriend whenever I got the chance. I slowly walked into the building, and then in the elevator and then waited five minutes before entering the hotel room. Amber was in the kitchen drinking water. She had two braids in her hair and was wearing her shorts with my shirt. She had washed the makeup off her face but her eyes were puffy. She glanced at me once before walking into the room. My phone rang and I took that as the perfect opportunity to walk into the room and take my clothes. "Hello?" I said. "Not dating huh?" Taemin spoke. "What do you want?" I rolled my eyes at him, looking at Amber who had already laid down as I grabbed my clothes and went into the washroom. "They're making so much money off you two,I like the way you get around." He didn't fail to piss me off for the millionth time. "Stop calling me, I don't have time for your bull." I stopped myself from swearing at him. "Don't use her all the way, save some for me." He laughed and my blood boiled.  "just f**k off." I shut the phone, taking a quick shower and the getting dressed. I walked out getting another phone call. "Hello?" I spoke. "Nice pictures." Mr.lee said. "Oh. Uh thanks." I headed out the room, closing the door behind me and into the living room, flopping onto the couch. "So some modeling company contacted me, they want you to model their suit and glasses and what not. It should be at your house in the morning. Don't bother doing your hair or anything, just show up to the location that I'll text you afterwards, wearing the suit." He said. "Alright cool." I agreed. "So mannerless, how does Amber put up with you." I could feel his disappointment through the phone. I laughed. "I understand sir." I saluted him even though he couldn't see me. "Goodnight Minho." He shut the phone. I decided to search up "Minho and Amber" and hoped that I too would see the picture everyone was talking about. I saw a few high quality pictures of us, most where we were dancing and there was one last one which is when Amber kissed me. It made my heart flutter as I stated at it, saving it and setting it as my background before giving it a second thought. I went to Ambers Instagram and read the comments about us, telling us how we should get married, or how cute we looked and how some fans had always shipped us. I found myself smiling, quickly snapping out of it, and putting my phone away. I thought of her as I fell asleep. 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for reading!! I hope you're enjoying it :) And yea I had to censor the swear word (or cuss word if you're in America) cause the the website seems to remove the entire word