Chapter 10

Mistaken Endearment

 "Amber."

 "Why are you crying?"

 Amber looked up at me

 "I missed you." 

She wiped her tears. 

"Im not pregnant anymore." She falshed her teeth at me.

"Why didnt you answer my phone call or texts or anything? I spent so much time in isolation waiting for you to just respond even if it was with rejection." I asked

"I woke up to Mr. Kim by my side at the hospital. One of the nurses mustve known who I was. He thought the child was yours. I tried to explain to him but he just wouldnt listen, he confiscated my phone and everything else the company had provided me with that had traces of you." Amber and I walked out the building now, into the crisp cold night, our arms rubbing against one another.

 "I'm sorry about your mom." She added. 

 "Sorry about everything." we both said. 

I stopped walking and Amber turned to look at me.

"What?" She asked. 

I placed my fingers in between her cold fingers. 

"Is it okay if I kiss you?" I pulled her closer towards me. 

Amber smiled at me. 

"Are you asking to kiss me?" 

"Are you saying yes?" My face now inches away from hers. 

She giggled. 

My phone buzzed. We both looked down at my pocket where the noise was coming from. 

Our eyes met. I stepped toward her, lowering my head enough to place my lips perfectly onto hers. I felt her hands on the back of my head, pulling me closer. 

Amber pulled away for a breath. 

My phone rang again and this time I answered it. 

"Your girlfriend is up next to get her award you should be here to watch it." Mr. Kim hung up before I even had the chance to say anything. 

Amber held my arm as we walked back toward the award ceremony. 

As i held the door open for her I could feel heads turn to look at us. 

"I love you." I admitted. 

Amber smiled. "I loved you too." 

We both walked into the doors which were now being held open by the waiters as the crowd clapped for us. 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAAHH SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE. ill finish this off for now. but ill be writing more in the future. LOOK FORWARD TO IT!!! 

thanks for reading and staying with me throughout these years.