P for Pork soup

26 letters of unrequitedness

# P for Pork soup:

At the time when they were still living together, food was always a problem. Jonghyun appeared to be the most picky eater, thus when it came to deciding which restaurants to go or which dishes to cook for dinner, it would without a doubt stir up dilemma and sometimes, arguments among the members. Jonghyun could not stand greasy food, which meant no pizza and no spaghetti. No cheesy food either, thus butter and high-fat ones or whatever should be cut out completely. Rice was okay but not preferred. Salty and spicy dishes were the best, and of course, the guitarist would be flying on paradise when he was served hot pork soup.

Jungshin did not really know how to cook other dishes other than soybean paste soup back then, but somehow he had managed to master the technique of making pork soup in its authentic Busan style. After several failed attempts, which were usually given to Minhyuk and Yonghwa with irresistible glinting eyes and excuses, Jungshin could finally serve Jonghyun his homemade pork soup with pride.

And still, Jungshin remembers the moment Jonghyun chortled in delight as he took a spoonful of his soup.

“I hope you can make me pork soup everyday.”

Sometimes Jungshin thinks it is enough for him just that way.