Chapter 8 - Drama

Memories

“So?” she looked at her son, demanding an answer.

 

Hyuk looked up and raised a brow.

 

“How exactly are you expecting me to reply to an incomplete question like that?”

 

Mrs Han sighed, “They made you pass out right? How did it exactly happen? Give me a full explanation.”

 

“They did not. The four of us have a music class together and I got paired up with Hye Jin for a song making project, so I overworked on it and fainted. That’s all, really.”

 

And so he actually fainted because of a project that he got paired up with her?

 

God, this is all wrong,” she slammed the cardiac table, which caused Hyuk to jump slightly.

 

He frowned, what was so wrong about anything? All that was weird about hanging out with Hye Jin was that she slapped him before, but he deserved it, so it was nothing much to be mad about, now that he thought about it.

 

He was no longer a kid and so anything could happen. He hated Hye Jin, but he now knew that she wasn’t all that bad. He sighed, then shrugged and took a random magazine from the stack that his father had brought over.

 

“That ! She’s so full of herself. She’s not even listening to my warning. Sanghyuk, stop hanging out with them. Stay away from them and never talk to them again!”

 

And that was when she realised that she was in her son’s hospital room. She looked at him, embarrassed, then felt relief when she saw Hyuk paying no attention to her.

---------------

“Oh, it’s this late already? We ought to hurry home, there’s lots to do for work. We’re going, okay? Dr. Park said that you have to stay for another day to rest. See you soon, son.”

 

Mr Han put his arm over his wife’s shoulder and walked her to the carpark.

 

So does that mean I’ll be staying here alone? Guess I’ll try to sleep.

 

The room was silent as he tried to sleep, but then he heard knocking on the door and he looked up, “Yes?”

 

He flashed a faint smile as he saw Hye Jin poke her head into the room and looked around, and when it was clear, she speed-walked into the room.

 

Following behind were Junhyo and Hana, and it was then he realised the boxes of pizza and snacks in their hands.

 

“What are you guys doing here? Are you gonna have a party in my room? Really? Visiting hours will soon be over, and you have school tomorrow.”

 

“We felt bad to be the reason for your stay in the hospital, so we decided to sacrifice studying and sleep time to visit you,” Hye Jin explained.

 

“Wow, so touched, but really, guys. Go home. It’s late, and I don't blame you for me fainting and all, so just leave me. I’m fine.”

 

Hana shook her head and insisted on staying, saying that they could use a “great break’ with all the great snacks as an excuse. The other two nodded in agreement and just took chairs to sit down on.

 

He sighed and shrugged, it wasn’t like he could do anything to change the mind of the determined. He smiled a little though, he appreciated accompany especially at such a boring place.

 

He didn't like being alone.

 

Junhyo smiled then took the food from his lap and put it on the table.

 

“Why don't we start eating?”

 

Hye Jin and Hana grinned and snatched for the bigger slices of pizza. Hye Jin managed to take the bigger one, which made Hana pout a little.

 

Seeing the disappointed look on her face, Hye Jin just wordlessly gave her the pizza. Hana looked at her gratefully and started munching on it. She sighed blissfully, “It's been too long since I've ate pizza… This is just heavenly.”

 

The others just laughed and carried on with eating.

 

Hyuk looked at them all and he was suddenly filled with warmth and… happiness?

 

I’m not eating supper alone today. I’m not eating alone today.

 

He smiled and muttered, “It’s been so long… so, so long since someone cared so much…”

 

Hana seemed to have heard and she turned to look at Hyuk, “You mean us?”

 

His eyes widened as he stared at her, then quickly brushed it off, “What? Whatever you're saying isn't even relevant to what I said. I said it's been so long since I’ve been in a pig out party. Whatever, just eat.”

 

Hana just nodded, “Oh.” and turned away to carry on pigging out on their pizza.

 

Hyuk just smiled and ate happily, laughing when the others cracked lame jokes.

 

How can I stop hanging out with them? They’re just fun people, no matter how lame those jokes can get.

 

Suddenly, they heard the sound of high heels hurriedly tapping the floor from the outside, quickly making its way to Hyuk’s room.

 

“Yes, yes. She’s doing really well in school. Yes, I’ll make sure to do that, don’t worry. Yes, yes. Please enjoy your trip, yes, bye.”

 

Hyuk’s heart beat fast when he realised that the voice was of his mother’s. He immediately informed his friends who were still ignorantly eating some Doritos and pizza, with Hye Jin happily pulling the cheese from the pizza and then eating the whole slice of it. They all almost dropped the treat from their hands in shock.

 

“Quick! Go hide in the toilet or something!”

 

The other three took the food and tossed them into the plastic bags, then ran to the nearest door — the toilet door. They slid it open and with the lights off, they closed the door and held in their breath.

 

Before Mrs Han stepped in, Hyuk picked up an empty packet of crackers and hid it inside his pillowcase and lay down, then took a magazine from the table and pretended to read it.

 

“M-mom? What are you doing here?” he asked, acting like he didn’t know she was right around his ward.

 

“Ah, I left my cellphone here and I came to retrieve it. Where is it? Strange, I know I’d left it here somewhere,” she explained.

 

He raised a brow, “Weren’t you just talking on the phone earlier? Why would it be here?”

 

She looked under the pile of messy magazines and found her phone, furrowed her brows and sighed, then helped to organise the magazines.

 

“I was using the cellphone for work. This is for personal use. And goodness, Sanghyuk. Clean up for God’s sake. You have a status, don’t embarrass yourself and lose it.”

 

He rolled his eyes and nodded, “Yeah, yeah. But why did you come and retrieve it now? You left so long ago, why didn’t you come back sooner?”

 

She explained that it was because she only needed it now, then asked what he was doing still awake.

 

“Oh,” he feigned a yawn and put the magazine down, “I was up reading the whole time. I’m getting sleepy now, I’ll go to bed soon.”

 

She nodded and was about to leave when a sound came from the toilet.

 

“What’s that?” she asked her son, and turned to look at the bathroom and back at him, but of course, all she got was a “What’s what?”

 

She narrowed her eyes at Hyuk and slowly crept forward towards the door, with Hyuk frantically thinking about what to do.

---------------

[A/N:L; Guys hi it’s been a century, I hope y’all aren’t mad at our (coughs my) procrastination cries I hope yall like this chapter, it’s rather short but hopefully you’ll continue supporting this ff~ ily

K: yo.We are back..sort of. We are actually trying to get chapter 10 up by Christmas.Hopefully it's possible haha.. Hope u guys liked this chapter ^^ ily’all <3 On a side note , this chapter and probably all the future chapter will be dramatic cause //coughs i'm dramatic af and if u people didn't already realise yes our story will have curse words :) ]

 

You people can find us on ig at :

L : @junhohohong

K : @kpoo.p