Chapter 7 - Sorry

Memories

"You see, really, it's hard to make a decision,but with much consideration, I have decided that Junhyo and Hana would be the victors. Now, Sanghyuk, don't be mad, Hye Jin, you too."

 

Hye Jin raised an eyebrow, "I'm not m-"

 

"There is a flaw that I've spotted, okay, heard from your song. Sanghyuk overran the song, basically. He had an estimated 5/8 of the lines in your song. Junhyo and Hana's song was divided into two fair, equal parts, so it won."

 

"Oh, and I wonder why I didn't sing more lines," Hye Jin mumbled, loud enough for Hyuk to hear. "Oh wait, it was because of a certain someone that wanted the most lines, nothing to do with me."

 

Hana cheered, "And so, the forfeit goes to... Drumroll, please...." she laughed, "Hye Jin and Sanghyuk's team!"

 

"Oh, great," Hyuk stated oh so excitedly, showing no ounce of emotions in his face.

 

"I guess we have no choice but to do it then, someone suggested having a forfeit anyway. It's not like we can back down now," she shrugged, then bowed to the teacher before she walked off.

 

Junhyo and Hana bowed in unison, then quickly followed behind, leaving a Hyuk who facepalmed himself.

 

He sighed, "Why did I even?" He then realised Mr Song raising an eyebrow, then he got it.

 

"Thank you, sir, and sorry for taking up your time." He then did a quick bow and closed the door.

---------------

"Come on, Hyuk. We all agreed to this. We've gotta do it."

 

No response.

 

"Hyuk, you were the one that brought up the forfeit, you shouldn't be feeling grumpy."

 

He finally looked at her, " I know, I'm sorry, okay?"

 

She smiled, "Okay."

 

He rolled his eyes but couldn't help but smile too. He really loved to dance and all, but in front of two people? Filming him? With others passing by, judging? He sighed thinking about it.

 

It was a good thing that Hye Jin tried to make him feel better by telling him it would be okay. She also jokingly added that he should not be so pissed when he was the one who brought it upon himself and that he should cheer up.

 

Thanks, Hye Jin.

 

"Where are we going?" he asked, "Aren't we supposed to do the forfeit?"

 

Junhyo looked and him and grinned, "We're so kind that we decided to let you show off your talent in a really busy street."

 

Hyuk snorted, "Well, thanks."

 

"You're welcome," Hana replied, which got a high five from Junhyo.

---------------

"Have you ever broken up with someone on a sunny and dazzling day"

 

"Oh God, here we go..."

 

Love Equation blasted out of the portable speaker as the duo danced in front of two cameras.

 

Hyuk turned red as people passed by them, judging them hard. He could see it from their expressions. He knew what they were thinking.

 

Kids these days have no shame.

                                

Hye Jin found it enjoyable though, to be able to hang out with her friends, especially Hyuk.

 

She turned to look at him, then noticed how red he was. She stifled a laugh, instead just grinned, "Embarrassed, are we? Wanna stop?"

 

Hyuk widened his eyes. He didn't know it was that noticeable, but he knew he was too embarrassed to go on. He knew Hye Jin knew that too. He opened his mouth, about to say yes, when he saw how happy she looked.

 

She's having so much fun.

 

He shook his head, looking to his feet. Hye Jin smiled, seeing how cute he could be while shy.

 

After the second chorus, Hyuk started to feel dizzy. He shook his head and tried to focus, his breaths getting heavy. He decided to brush it off, ignoring the fact that what he was doing was too exhausting for himself. It was as if he wanted to prove that all those nights he spent the past few weeks completing the lyrics and composing did not faze him one bit. He told Hye Jin to go home to rest, then tried his best to improvise and complete their song by himself.

 

Even after he finished composing, he spent all night either practising and memorising his lines, or studying for exams which were 5 months away, which could also explain why he was one of the top students. With a tight schedule he made for himself, he spent his days only eating biscuits and drinking at most 3 cups of water.

 

He didn't want to let Hye Jin know that he was starting to feel like he was going to faint soon, so he continued dancing, giving his all.

 

But he couldn't stand the heat, his hunger , dehydration and exhaustion and ended up falling, right to the ground and fainted.

 

Hye Jin's eyes shot wide open as she stopped dancing and turned to her right, squatting down next to him. Tears started forming and dropping on his shirt as Hye Jin shook him, screaming his name, trying to wake him up.

 

"Hyuk, wake up! Open your eyes, just wake up!" Hye Jin cried, shaking him to no avail.

 

His lifeless body just lay there as she continued shaking him, the scenario reminding her of her father.

 

Junhyo and Hana immediately stopped filming and ran over towards them. Junhyo took out his phone and typed rapidly, bringing it to his ear.

 

A few moments later, the ambulance, as well as a crowd, arrived. The paramedics pulled out a stretcher and gently placed Hyuk onto it, the three climbed up into the ambulance along with him.

---------------

The three waited anxiously outside the emergency room for the doctor.

 

The staff there tried to call Hyuk's parents, but both their phones were off.

 

When the doctor came out, he looked around for Hyuk's parents, but Hye Jin went forward. "How is he doing?" she asked, her heart pounding wildly "Is he alright?" she continued, a little afraid to hear his response.

 

"Are you related to him? If not, I cannot te-"

 

"His parents aren't answering their phones and we're his friends, we were with him when the incident happened."

 

The doctor nodded, slightly shocked when she cut him off, then regained composure. He had already been used to this, but he couldn't blame anyone, who wouldn't be scared, worried and anxious when they're in the hospital?

 

He nodded, "Your friend in there passed out because of dehydration, hunger and exhaustion. He hasn't been eating and drinking enough, and it all caused him to break down like that. He's fine though, just make sure he eats right, drinks enough water and has sufficient rest. Also, make sure he doesn't go for rough and heavy exercises. Other than that, he's fine."

 

The three were shocked. Who knew an arrogant guy who always came to school with overflowing confidence and energy would be so tired yet so strong?

 

They thanked the doctor and visited Hyuk after he was transferred to a ward. They stayed by his side and chatted softly until he woke up.

 

He opened his eyes and Hye Jin quickly went to his side to help him up. He looked confused, then asked, "A hospital? When did I come here?"

 

"You guys were doing your forfeit but you suddenly fainted. We sent you to the hospital and the doctor told us that you fainted due to insufficient food, water and rest. Just eat and drink well and have a long rest, then you're good."

 

Hyuk nodded, then he lowered his head, whispering, "Thanks, guys, fo-"

 

Suddenly, Hye Jin stood up and faced him, then bowed slightly.

 

"Hyuk, I'm really sorry for not noticing. I didn't even think that something like that would happen to you. How could I? I was beside you for the longest time, yet I didn't notice anything. I just forgot you were human too and that you could fall sick and faint. It's my lack of responsibility that caused you to faint. Please forgive me, Hyuk. I'm really sorry."

 

"No, it's f-" Hyuk was about to reply, but got cut off by the loud opening of the door. They all turned to the direction of the sound and were all shocked.

 

Junhyo and Hana's jaws dropped and they looked at each other with the same confused expressions, the same thoughts in their minds.

 

Is Hyuk that famous that the principal has to visit him?

 

"Dad! Mom! Why did you have to barge in? We're in a hospital!" Hyuk whispered, rather annoyed, but didn't want to shout.

 

Junhyo and Hana looked at each other again with the same really confused and dumbfounded expressions, the same thoughts in their minds.

 

They're related?

 

Before Mrs Han replied, she looked around and noticed the presence of her son's friends.

 

She knew that something was off and abruptly stated, "All three of you, get out! How dare you stay in here after getting him into this state?"

 

"Mom, it's not like th-"

 

His father gave him a disapproving look, "Don't interrupt your mother. She's right. They shouldn't be staying here after letting you pass out."

 

The three of them hung their heads low, ashamed. They slowly headed to the door and gave one last look to Hyuk, who gave them an apologetic look, before leaving.

---------------

[A/N: HI WE'RE BACK ♡ omgg sorry for the veryyy long wait, we just completed our finals a few days ago :') Sorry for such a short chapter, I tried adding on but failed, thus you end up with only a short update, but now that our finals have ended, we'll have more time :D We will try updating regularly for you HAHA goodbye. Hope you enjoyed! c: ]

 

Follow Our Instagram ! ( cause idk for fun ) :

@junhohohong ( not on hiatus anymore)

@kpoo.p