Chapter 5 - Why him?!

Memories

"Oh my God!"

"What's wrong with her?"

"Sanghyuk, are you okay?"

"She's crazy!"

"Why would she do that?"

 

Hyuk clenched his teeth as he watched the girl walk away with a worried Junhyo tagging along.

 

He moved away from the hands of his fans, who took the opportunity to touch his face "in concern".

Glaring once more at Hye Jin's back, he abruptly turned around in the other direction and went off.

---------------

"Why the rooftop?"

 

Hye Jin turned back, surprised, "Oh, you came with me?" she shook her head, "Just wanted fresh air."

 

"You okay? I mean, physically and emotionally."

 

"It doesn't hurt as much anymore. And why would you ask if I'm fine emotionally? Humiliation? These things don't humiliate me."

She looked at him to see him staring at her with a face saying, "Then what? I'm sure you're feeling bothered about something right now."

 

She sighed and plainly stated, "That guy's really an ."

 

"If you don't mind telling me, what's your relationship?"

Hye Jin shook her head, "I told you, you won't believe me. No one will. He himself has forgotten, so there's really no point in talking about it."

"Told me..? Oh! Wait, yeah. You've told me something like that before a few days back, something about you thinking about a jerk?"

 

She nodded.

 

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I heard talking to someone about your problems make you feel less troubled. You really don't have to tell me, though. I'm  an outsider, so I don't actually have the right to know, too."

 

She smiled and continued, "I'll tell you anyways, though. That guy used to be my best friend. See, it's ridiculous."

"I never said anything."

She laughed, "True. We were really close, I guess you could say we were like inseparable. We... were from the same orphanage."

 

Upon hearing her words, his eyes widened as he repeated, "Orphanage?"

She nodded again as Junhyo tried comprehending the new information.

 

"Basically, I entered when I was five and he took care of me a lot. He was the first one whom I've talked to after a female officer, now that I think about it. Then one day he got adopted and it's the end of the story."

 

"Oh, so he kind of forgot your past and so that's why you slapped him?" Junhyo asked, partially knowing the answer

 

"I was kinda hurt that he had forgotten. I mean, it isn't even his fault that he forgot, but it just really pains me to think that someone very important to me, totally forgot about me. I hate myself for that. It wasn't like he wanted to forget. When he found out about his life, he sort of got carried away with it and abuses his identity and wealth to get what he wants. He's really, really an . Han Sanghyuk is an . When will I see Hyuk again?" she mumbled her last sentence to herself, but loud enough for Junhyo to hear.

 

He sighed and looked at her pitifully, until she remembered something. "Oh! I almost forgot! Thanks for helping me up earlier. You're really kind. If only those people in the crowd were like that too, geez. It would be such a great help to society."

 

He looked at her amused and chuckled, "I know, right? You're welcome."

 

They both laughed and continued chatting that lunch, not knowing time passed quickly while engrossed in talking about their majors and stuff related to school.

 

"What? The bell rang already? That's fast! We didn't even eat yet."

Junhyo laughed, "Right? Oh, but are you fine going back yourself? Your knee..."

 

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Don't worry. Hurry up and go back, you're gonna be late."

 

Smiling, he looked back at the girl one last time before hurrying down to class. She followed behind, proceeding to her next class, the class she had with Han Sanghyuk. She sighed. Whatever.

---------------

Hye Jin plopped down on her seat as she ignored the glares of his fans. It's a daily thing now, basically. She was used to it, it wasn't the first time she had to. She glanced at her watch. She was somehow on time and wondered where the teacher was.

 

Getting her notes ready, she noticed a glare from someone who doesn't usually look at her unless he wanted some entertainment.

 

She furrowed her brows and stared at Hyuk, who notice her staring at him and turned his head around after rolling his eyes.

 

"Sorry class, I had a meeting to attend to earlier, so I'm late. Well, firstly, I've decided to change your seats according to your grades and performances. No complaints, you hear me?"

 

Hye Jin stared blankly at the teacher while he changed the seating arrangement of the class, until she heard her name.

 

"Um, Sanghyuk, you move next to Hye Jin."

 

He opened his mouth, about to protest, but decided to just go along with it and put up with her. He sighed and headed to Hye Jin.

 

She heard whispers of protests and snorted. Not like I want to, you can have my seat if you want. I would be glad to offer my seat, but it's not like I have a choice, geez, so stop with the curses, damn.

 

Hyuk placed his bag on the seat and sat, then rested his chin on his hand, not really paying attention to Hye Jin or anything else really, since it wasn't related to the actual lesson.

 

Hye Jin also didn't say anything for a while, then the teacher decided that the seating arrangement was fine for now.

 

He spoke up, "Okay, so for the following month, our music lessons will focus on a student composing a song together with another student."

 

Wait, don't, Sir. Don't tell me that we would be working with our sea-

 

"I will decide your partners so it will be quick. You're all gonna work with your seatmates."

 

Hye Jin abruptly stood up and asked, "Must we really? Can't we choo-"

 

"No, Hye Jin, no. I make the decision and you go with it. You're gonna work with Sanghyuk."

 

"Wait! That's so unfair! Why her?"

 

"No complaints."

 

The girls groaned and glared at Hye Jin who was instead glaring at Hyuk, "Don't think this is an opportunity to mess with me, okay? I won't put up with that."

 

He rolled his eyes and pushed her hand away, "I decide what I do. Put that finger away."

 

"So the theme of the song you're composing is about hardships and you should basically include sad feelings in your song. Your work will be graded, okay? So take this seriously and do it right."

---------------

The next few days, the pair wasn't doing much, and finally Hyuk decided to confront Hye Jin.

 

During lunch, he took her wrist and pulled her then let go, "Are we gonna start on that stupid project at all? If you don't want to, you don't have to, I can do it by myself and I ain't giving you free credit."

 

Her eyes widened and she grabbed the back of his collar as he walked away, "I'll do it! Who said I wouldn't? I thought you had no intentions of doing it."

 

He furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance and smacked her hand, "Okay, fine! Don't drag my clothes. So when do you wanna do it?"

 

"I have no work on Mondays, Fridays and Sundays, so these days can do. That's twelve days! Should be enough, right?"

 

"Duh, even without your help, about five or six days will do."

 

She rolled her eyes, "The first part was unnecessary."

---------------

Hye Jin sighed at the blank screen in front of her. It had been twelve minutes since they've came into the computer room, but nothing was done.

 

"This isn't working."

 

"We can't even agree with one another."

 

"Right? Wait, should we try combining ideas? You wanted a hip hop feel, right? Try to combine it with my idea. I'm not sure if it will turn out well, but..."

 

Hyuk nodded, "Blues and hip hop might work out. I will start with the lyrics, you can start with the base melodies, we can edit it later, with some light hip hop beats."

---------------

Hye Jin took a peek at Hyuk who was currently concentrating. He had another computer and started on the lyrics, his face serious. She was pleasantly surprised by it. She didn't think that the almighty Han Sanghyuk would also be so focused at something.

She looked at his monitor and her lips slightly parted.

 

He must have gone through a lot after the accident, huh...

 

Reading the first part of the lyrics, she didn't realise Hyuk staring at her. The lyrics were about a boy not remembering anything after waking up one day and feeling really lost and sad. He fakes smiles sometimes even when he doesn't know about anything that's happening.

 

"Stop invading my privacy," Hyuk stated as he moved his head in front of the monitor, staring at her.

 

"Privacy? We're working on this together!" Hye Jin retorted.

 

Hyuk slightly smiled, "Learn to take a joke."

---------------

The next few sessions they had together, the pair didn't bicker, nor did they quarrel when disagreeing with the other person's opinions. Instead, they only suggested some ideas and tried combining them together.

On Sundays, Hye Jin went to Hyuk's house to work on the project. Since his parents were working with high statuses, they had to work on weekends too. Hyuk almost never see them, excluding in school where he sees his mother and a few times where his father left for work late or when he came home early.

So that didn't give the principal a chance to tell Hye Jin off when she visited.

 

Finally, on the seventh day together, they were done.

 

"Well," Hyuk started, "Days of doing nothing but focusing on this project really paid off, this is actually not bad."

 

Without any warning, Hyuk was embraced by the girl, "We did it! We completed the song! I'm so proud of us! This is actually a really nice song. We should really be partners, we would make such great music!"

 

Hyuk's eyes widened as he recalled a similar scenario happened before.

---------------

"Yay! Hyuk, we did it! We won! We got first place! I'm so proud of us!" exclaimed a voice of a girl.

 

The six year old boy grinned and hugged the girl back. Her face was faint, he couldn't see it clearly. He placed his hand on the girl's head as she jumped up at down, never letting go of Hyuk.

 

"Congratulations, you two! Here you go, your rewards. Oh, and here are some treats. Eat one at most in two days, okay? You don't want yourselves to get a tooth decay."

 

Hyuk bowed as he thanked the older lady, whose face was also faint. He looked down at the medal hung around his neck and read its contents.

 

"1st place in singing competition

Good Job!

Keep it up.

-(Insert orphanage name)"

 

He smiled once again to the faint image of the girl as she happily chewed on her strawberry-flavored candy and ate his, too.

---------------

Hyuk snapped back into reality and pushed Hye Jin away, "Hey, let go. Don't get too overboard."

 

Hye Jin's eyes widened as she reddened, God, I can't believe I actually hugged this jerk! This is so embarrassing.

---------------

[A/N: Hello guys ♡ thank you for reading this chapter and enduring with the slow update. its mainly my (L) fault for not writing omg sorry. Hopefully you guys enjoyed this chapter! I think it's one of the longest we made, haha. we both actually have a really important year end exam this year, so we have many extra lessons and poop. So we usually get home late, and I dont have the time to write, bc homework. I know, its probably a really bad excuse, but yeah. Just think of me as a really bad admin. Im sorry! // YOOO. Its K :’) Just to prepare you the upcoming chapters plot is really bad so Im not sure if you guys will like it but oh well…We will try to update as soon as we have time :”) ]

 

follow our ig ♡

@kpoo.p ; K (plot writer)

@junhohohong ; L (writer)