Chapter 1 - You're Not Who I Used To Know!

Memories

She plugged out her earphones and took careful steps towards the school, looking around for the office.

Is there even one?

 

"Excuse me, may I know where's the office?" she decided to ask a passerby, not after facepalming herself when he pointed to their right.

It was something someone should see at first glance when they entered the area.

, this is embarrassing, he’s probably judging me so hard.

 

After spending several minutes of her time in the office, Hye Jin walked to the class she was told to.

---------------

What she saw in front of her eyes was unbelieveable. Hye Jin almost thought she didn’t come into the correct class.

Surprisingly, it was the right school and the right class.

But she wasn’t sure if her classmates were the right ones.

Are you sure this is the top class?

 

People were doing all sorts of things. Some were laughing, typing, some normal ones were actually reading, one was eating, and most girls were crowding around some person.

Must be that popular kid most classes have.

 

She walked around the class but no one seemed to care about her existence.

Saves her the introduction, at least.

 

She was still struggling to find a seat, until someone grabbed her hand. Her gaze was shifted to the guy grabbing her hand. She pulled her hand away as soon as she felt the touch.

 

“You the new girl?” Seeing her fast reflexes, he smiled apologetically.

“Sorry if I startled you. I’m Junhyo. This class is pretty weird for a top one, huh?” he asked, sighing.

She nodded, “Some people here are pretty damn weird.”

Junhyo laughed, then pointed to the seat beside him. She tilted her head, confused.

He looked at her, “ to have to tell you this, that’s the only empty seat.”

 

Hye Jin looked to the laughing group of boys behind them and groaned. They were basically talking about stuff.

She turned to face Junhyo,

“Well, at least there’s a seat. Thanks.”

He smiled once again.

This guy’s pretty normal.

 

She looked to the boys beside her and shot them a disgusted look, I don’t really know how a guy should behave to be normal, but it’s better befriending Junhyo.

She sighed. This was going to be a great day.

Great, certainly great.

---------------

Hye Jin sprinted out of class, looking at her watch. There was only half an hour of time to get ready for work.

For the work she hated the most -- saleswoman.

The customers were always demanding, taking their day’s frustration out on them, as if it was their fault.

 

Just as she was heading for the exit, she heard high-pitched screams and looked up.

There was like, what? Fifty girls crowding something?

Oh, it’s a human.

 

His hair looked like the one belonging to the guy in class. So he’s popular among the whole school? She wasn’t sure whether to pity him, or envy him. She decided to pity him, then all of those feelings went away.

She knew that guy. But she couldn’t remember.

 

“SANGHYUKIE I LOVE YOU!”

“NOTICE ME! I LOVE YOU!”

“YOU’RE SO COOL!”
 

Sanghyukie? Sanghyuk? What..?

She shook away her thoughts, it couldn’t be. Not him.

But she thought again. What if it was him? Wow, he changed so much. From the shy, little kid to a smart, famous lad. I’m proud of him. He didn’t forget me, right?

 

Hye Jin walked slowly towards him. She then plucked up the courage speak to him.

“Hyuk-ah! Long time no see! Have you been well? How’s life? Did you m-”

 

He looked up from his phone and stared at her. What was uttered out of his mouth was a shock and embarrassment to her.

She tried accepting what he said, but she felt lost.

 

“Who are you?”

“Do I know you?”

“You don’t look like the type I would hang out with”

She felt betrayed, she felt mad, she felt sad. She felt a rush of negative emotions.

---------------

10 year old Hye Jin watched as her life-long buddy walked out of the door of his once known home, the orphanage. Tears were in her eyes, one blink and she could have created two streams of waterfall. Hyuk turned back and faced his friend, the tears which raced down his fair face has already left a trail. He ran to Hye Jin and embraced her.

 

Tears rolled down their faces once again. He pulled away and wiped her tears, flashing a bitter smile. “Jin-ah, you promised not to cry!”

“You too! You promised!” she pouted, “Hyuk, I’ll miss you. When will we meet again?”

He rubbed his eyes and suggested, “Ah! Maybe I can come back and adopt you!”

She blinked, “Hyuk, you idiot. We’re the same age, I won’t call you Daddy.”

He puffed up his cheeks, “Then I don’t know. Let’s meet up in 8 years!”

“That’s so long!” she whined, “Would you even remember me?”

 

“I will!” Seeing her inconvinced look, he added, “I promise!”

He took her hand, lifted up her little pinky and hook hers with his, then took her thumb and stamped it with his slightly bigger one.

“Now it’s stamped, it’s a promise! We won’t forget each other now!” He exclaimed, grinning.

---------------

Tears fell from her eyes.

“Never mind, I was mistaken. You weren’t that little innocent orphan from back then. You’re just a rude jerk that I know nothing about. Forget about this.”

---------------

[A/N: HERRO! Did you guys enjoy our first chapter? We hope you did HAHAHA sorry if it was bad, it’s our first time writing so bear with us :/ We will try to make things more interesting in the future. Thank you for reading ^^ k : okay so this first chapter is probably thr worst chapter out of all our chapters so far but plsssss do not stop @ this chapter as the other chapters are way way better :) give out story a chance xD ]

follow our ig if you want:

K ; @kpoo.p

L; @junhohohong