Four

I Dreamed a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a month since Jimin visited the dance room. He’s hasn’t made another visit, or at least dropped by to say hi, disappointing the crew, but for good reasons. He kept in touch with Jongup, though. Texting regularly. The crew would complain to Hoseok that Jongup is keeping Jimin all to himself. Hoseok, as the leader, the mature, proud leader, would puff his chest out, causing others to prepare themselves for a long speech, only to hear him complaining to Jongup as well. Jongup would snicker, loving the fact his sunbaes’ desperation.

Taehyung could tell that Jimin was keeping something from him. The inner insecure self of Taehyung persistently asked Jimin or Tita Park to tell him what was going on. They wouldn’t. They simply kissed Taehyung on the forehead, explaining that it’s a surprise. Taehyung even went as far as haunting down Jongup and threatening the wide-eyed freshmen to tell him.

Jungkook was also equally upset, however, for different reasons. He was less than thrilled to know that Jimin was seeing so much of this Jongup person. From Jimin’s description, Jongup was utterly adorable with the way he would share his thoughts out loud, not knowing that he’s doing so. Going up to Hoseok, Jungkook demanded that the older keep his dancing maknae in check.

“Are you jealous?” Hoseok bites on his bottom lip, amused. “I don’t like the way he’s looking at you / I’m starting to think you want him too / Am I crazy, have I lost ya? / Even though I know you love me, can’t help it!” he sings, surprisingly, in tune. Jungkook is spluttering out nonsense, asking why he should be jealous. Shaking his head, Hoseok grabs the younger’s shoulders, forcing them to look eye to eye. “If you’re jealous, then I can’t do anything about that. It’s quite nice seeing you get frustrated over a boy you haven’t even met.”

Jungkook smacks Hoseok’s head and earning himself a lecture from Seokjin on how he should treat his hyungs more respectfully. Hoseok watches, even more amused, and resumes singing.

“I turn my chin music up / And I’m puffing my chest / I’m getting red in the face / You can call me obsessed / It’s not your fault that they hover / I mean no disrespect / It’s my right to be hellish / I still get jealous!”

“Seokjin, can I-”

“It’s Seokjin hyung, Jungkook, and no. You cannot hit Hoseok.”

“'Cause you’re too y, beautiful / And everybody wants a taste / That’s why / I still get jealous!”

Jungkook groans.

 

Yoongi graduates from college, and Jungkook graduates from high school.

There’s a combined celebration at Jungkook’s family’s house. Most of the people invited were Jungkook’s family relatives and high school friends. On the other hand, Yoongi did not invite so many people. Aside from their usual group and the Flying Monkeys (as well as Bora and Victoria), Yoongi did not invite anyone else since he was cut off from his family for pursuing music.

“Hyung,” Jungkook whines, “why did you invite Jongup? You’re not even close to him.”

Yoongi grins a devilish smile. “'Cause you’re too y, beautiful / And everybody wants a taste-”

Jungkook groans. “I hate you all,” he mutters.

“-That’s why / I still get jealous!”

Albeit the wolf whistling and cheering from the dance crew, Jongup approaches Jimin. The entire dance team is convinced that Jimin and Jongup are officially a thing, an item. Enjoying the attention, Jimin pulls Jongup onto his lap and whispers, what others think are sweet words, but is actually and absolutely random words. Jimin doesn’t even sound coherent. Jongup does his best to play along, giggling. The crowd eats it up.

Except for Jungkook who accidently smashed an orange out of rage.

“I still get jealous!” Hoseok and Yoongi laugh.

“I will castrate the two of you in your sleep,” Jungkook mutters.

Eventually, once the cheering and applause dies down, Jongup and Jimin escape to find Jimin’s mother. The trio exit the house and goes to Tita Park’s car.

Back in the house, the dance crew are playing Just Dance 3 on Jungkook’s Wii. Yoongi got his kicked by Mark, Jackson, and Yixing. Didn’t even stand a chance. Namjoon didn’t do much better. Scoring less than half of the girls’ scores. Taehyung and Seokjin didn’t even dare to try.

Jongup, Jimin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter